We live in Southern California. So, a trip up to Mammoth to visit the snow (with our bulldog) was something we very much wanted. I think the Westin here is an excellent hotel that commendably takes dogs. Of which, there were quite a few there during our weekend snow visit. And it actually made it communal. Friendly dog owners of like mind. We are not skiers in anyway. But we didm''t drive there for that. It was for a winter experience - we went during Thanksgiving last year (I know, I know, this review is late). The Westin is beautiful. The staff was extremely pleasant. The hotel is up on a hill with a long (and sometimes icy) stairway down to the village.
One thing to note, we seemed to drive a lot more than I would've thought. Walking down to the village was okay but getting to a grocery store, unique restaurant, etc., required your car. I know this is a ski destination and perhaps most aren't even thinking along the same lines, but I just had a feeling that everything was closer to the hotel.
The room was extremely nice and clean. Felt like an executive condo. Would we stay here again? Yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the spectacular Eastern Sierras, The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth enjoys a prime location with stunning panoramic views of the mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Westin Monache Resort Mammoth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Monache Resort Mammoth Hotel Mammoth Lakes
- Westin Monache Hotel Mammoth
- Westin Mammoth Lakes
- Mammoth Lakes Westin