Westin Monache Resort Mammoth
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Village Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
Alpenhof Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
View Hotel
Holiday Haus Motel(Mammoth Lakes)
Quality Inn(Mammoth Lakes)
Sierra Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
View Hotel
Silver Bear Condos(Mammoth Lakes)
  • Pool
1,219 results
All reviewswhite barkwhitebark restaurantself parkingheavenly bedone bedroom suiteglass of champagnestarbucks coffeeresort feemini kitchenice makerstove tophotel is beautifulkids clubgas fireplaceshuttle serviceflights of stairspull out sofa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

It is a beautiful hotel in a great location.

Everyone in this hotel was extremely helpful especially Barbara M. (Front desk mgr). Our requests were answered quickly and with a gracious smile.

Management must run a "tight (friendly) ship."

The facilities are great, clean and very comfortable (naturally, it is an SPG bed). The room had a kitchenette, contemporary lighting, updated modern bathroom and a gas fireplace.

Everything in this resort is luxurious and the view is magnificent.

The town provides busing with bicycle carrying trailers.

I highly recommend staying at the Westin resort in Mammoth Lakes, CA., even when visiting Yosemite National Park.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Patrick D, General Manager at Westin Monache Resort Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2014

Thank you for your recommendation and your nice comment concerning Barbara. She is a very dedicated employee. We all enjoy interacting with our guest, but Barbara is especially good at it. Please come and see us again!

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is lovely; the view from our room was spectacular.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Barbara M. at the front desk bent over backwards to meet our needs.
Just like other SPG hotels, the bed was comfortable and luxurious as was the room and bathroom.
We highly recommend this resort to anyone visiting Mammoth Lakes, CA.

From "The book lady"

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Patrick D, General Manager at Westin Monache Resort Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for choosing the Westin Monache. Also, thank you for mentioning the staff. They are very dedicated to this property and the area. They all work very hard to ensure you have a true Westin Branded experience. Barbara and all of the Front Desk attendants enjoy interacting with our guests, while ensuring your needs are met. “Book Lady” we all look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Upon arriving, I was hassled by the front desk staff member who wouldn't check me in because the reservation was under my married name but the credit card and Id was my maiden name. This has never been an issue at any other Westin property or hotel that I have stayed at. Finally he consulted another staff member and she gladly checked me in. Service was great and attentive on Saturday but went downhill from there. On Sunday and Monday, when I dialed the Westin Express number from the room it rang several times and nobody picked up. One time I was also put on hold for over 10 minutes and had to call again. I even was dropped off by a shuttle to the nearby Village on Sunday night and was told I could call to be picked up. I called 3 times before someone finally picked up the phone. It seemed like they were fully staffed on Saturday but had minimal staffing once the weekend guests checked out on Sunday morning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Patrick D, General Manager at Westin Monache Resort Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

My apologies for the lack of service you experienced. The security issue you encountered is a Westin Brand Standard; we are not allowed to check-in any individual (same name) not on the reservation. However, there are things they could have done to help you while making the experience less frustrating. In addition, I have spoken to my Front Office Manager to research your telecommunication issue. Our Service Express department is the key guest communication department; we will make the proper adjustments.

My Apologies,

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Our room had a fireplace, window lounge area ( large enough for our child to spread out on ) and a pull out sleeper sofa. We had one TV and a well stocked kitchenette. We chose the breakfast downstairs. We should have asked for the points instead and tried the crepe place in the building across outside called side door cafe. The "free" breakfast is juice/ coffee/tea/milk/hot chocolate for 3.50 each, and a plate with 3 small danish pastries OR toast, cold cereal in a plastic peel off container OR a small bowl of granola mix (milk / yogurt) priced at 15.00 each plate. The receipt details the costs and it's free with the coupon given during check in. The crepe place would have been more interesting. Our kids enjoyed the pool which thankfully had pool float noodles, boards, loungers, tables and umbrellas. The 2 large hot tubs were great during the cooler evenings. We liked the included robes and water bottles. The exercise room had a cold water bubbler, refridgerated towels, 2 TVs and each treadmill had it's own TV. Clean tranquil place with beautiful views and short walking distance to the village for snacks, starbucks, and restaurant / bars.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sarahsnow

Thank for taking the time to provide this very detailed review. I am happy to read you all enjoyed your stay. The staff and I anxiously await your return.

Be Well,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Staff friendly, one-room suite nice, but needed some refreshing. When we arrived our original room location was across the hall from the pool and the fitness center. When making our reservations several weeks earlier, the room was advertised with a mountain view. I had also requested a quiet location. We were put in a room on the fourth floor over the driveway, so not likely an improvement from the one across from the fitness center.

Cleanliness was another story. We had to request some basic amenities such as bottled water and shampoo. Stove top had not been cleaned from the prior occupant. It was unclear when the bed linens had last been cleaned.

Pet friendly hotel--in fact it almost looked like more dogs were staying at the hotel than guests. So, if you have allergies this would not be the location for you.

Guest beware--almost $64.00 per night for resort fees and other miscellaneous taxes!!

A side note: if you want a quiet location, check out the two tables on the patio outside the bar. Happy hour is still pricey, but it was nice to sit away from the noise and chaos of the restaurant.

We travel extensively, so this property overall was disappointing.

Room Tip: Request room on higher floor, less noise if you face away from village and over driveway in front of building. Also be careful of rooms on second floor near the fitness center/pool. In winter, ask if your room is on the same side where gondola goes right by.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J H

I apologize for this experience. I am not sure what time you arrived or why the room scenario was not proper. We have no rooms across the hall from our Westin Fitness Studio. I assume you mean down the hall. We do take all request into consideration, but without knowing what time you checked in, I would assume we provide you a room that was vacant and ready. We are very busy over the summer so our options become limited. Our Resort Fee is $25 a night, It includes Wifi, valet parking, phone usage, and unlimited shuttle service to most destination throughout town. Taxes are based on your rate so not most stays will not reach a $64 charge. The Westin brand is Pet friendly and the town of Mammoth is extremely dog friendly; our summers do provide a hotel very welcoming to dogs.