or staff to effectively run even this "condo"-based hotel.
others have mentioned how cold and crowded the lobby can get, but TWO ELEVATORS for the entire hotel?!?!?!! how they got away with this oversight seems illegal, especially when you end up waiting and waiting as the "bell boys" take up half the elevator with their carts.
this place is for skiing and boarding during the season and the lack of elevators is simply astonishing. i ended up finding the staircase (on the other side of the building) and using it to get to the fifth floor instead of suffering the interminable wait...
also, there was an electrical buzz that went off every 45 seconds inside the room. this was particularly annoying throughout the night and made sleeping difficult. we switched rooms, but it was persistent. i would NEVER go back to this place, even though the service was friendly.
our dishwasher was broken the entire time and the service engineers, again, really friendly people, visited three times before giving up.
this was obviously the highest point of the high season (an xmas ski trip), and the westin is probably the best place around, but i wouldn't sign up for this trip again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the spectacular Eastern Sierras, The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth enjoys a prime location with stunning panoramic views of the mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Westin Monache Resort Mammoth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Monache Resort Mammoth Hotel Mammoth Lakes
- Westin Monache Hotel Mammoth
- Westin Mammoth Lakes
- Mammoth Lakes Westin