“good”

Ranked #27 of 31 Hotels in Mammoth Lakes
Waanrode
“good”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Motel 6 is a good motel with good value for money. The only disadvantage (for entire Motel 6 chain) is that you need to pay for WIFI access. The rooms are always very clean and have a refridgerator. The swimming pool area of this specific hotel is very nice, with all the rooms built around it.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Korean first
El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed at the Motel 6 because the other accommodations in Mammoth are much more expensive and not much better. Expect thin towels, no shampoo, at TV from the 80's, a phone that cuts in and out, and double beds and you get the picture. The only real surprise was that there was minimal heat although the temperature was in the 20's at night for our stay. The front desk said they control the temperature between 60 and 70 degrees, so don't expect "toasty warm." After the first freezing night, we went down to the office and they agreed to check it out. The second night was warmer, so it can be done.
If I had to do it over again, I'd stay here only one night and move to Bishop or just stay in Bishop instead of Mammoth.

Room Tip: Parking lots in the back of the hotel fill up, so you might want a room near the highway if you want...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Mammoth Lakes, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear passingthrough95,
Thank you for taking time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for the room temperature conditions during your stay. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Travellers are raving about these Mammoth Lakes hotels

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed at the Motel 6 as we wanted somewhere that was reasonably priced but clean and tidy. There seemed to limited places in Mammoth that would suit our travel budget, most places were quoting a small fortune.

We were happy enough with the price quoted for the room and the room was clean and tidy, a tad on the small side though.

Once I'd booked the room I asked for the wifi code and I was told I had to pay $3 for it?! I know that's hardly a fortune but when you've just paid $100 for the room I felt that was a bit off.

I've never until now stopped in a room and slept in a bed that shook when someone walked along the 1st floor access path to the rooms before and I'm not sure why but this place was extremely noisy right through the night, it's the worst nights sleep I'd had during my vacation.

I only found out there is a swimming pool after I'd stopped there once I'd read the reviews on TA. No one bothered to inform me which I find slightly bizarre!

This place is ok, not good value for money though considering its a basic room, you have to pay extra for the wifi and there's no breakfast included.

We left there and booked into the Sierra Lodge, it's literally the next place up the hill on the right. Much better value, brill staff, cheaper, free wifi, free continental breakfast, free parking, rooms much bigger and a lot quieter and a hot tub!

The choice is yours!

Room Tip: If you are to stop here, defiantly book a ground floor room so your bed doesn't shake durning th...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

✔️ Motel 6 mammoth -2

Too expensive for what you get

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 nights in the end of September. The room was clean, but considering the price I was hoping too get a bit more. There was no fridge, no hairdryer, no toiletries, except for 3 bars of soap, and not even a 'Do not disturb' card, plus they charged extra for wi-fi. The bed was very uncomfortable and it got very cold during the night, but there was a heating system. The bathroom was clean, but when I turned on the lights it also turned on a fan that was as loud as a plane and flushing the toilet also gave me the impression I was on a plane. The shower pipe was a bit loose.

The receptionist was very friendly. I accidentaly made a reservation for one, but there was no problem changing it into a stay for two. When I asked, if I could borrow a hairdryer, she said, she would let me know when any of them gets available and when I asked for the 'Do not disturb' card, she said, she would let know the cleaning staff not to clean our room and if we needed any fresh towels we could come pick them up at the office. There was a microwave and some vending machines and ice machines right next to the office and there was coffee in the morning.

If the accommodation was cheaper, I wouldn't have had any issues, it's a motel, what can you expect, but considering the price I was expecting more.

• Stayed September 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Mammoth Lakes, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear fabesa,
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the comfort and maintenance issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed here on our motorcycling holiday. We booked ahead as we were advised that Mammoth Lakes can book out. We had stayed in Motel 6's before and knew they provide the basics but not much else but I have found even four star motels in the US don't have hair conditioner. they had problems with bears just before we arrived and advised everyone not to leave food in their cars, this wasn't applicable to us being on a motorcycle, but I was keen on sighting a bear as I hadn't seen one on my whole trip! Bed was comfy and the room clean and well appointed for a good nights sleep. All in all a good stay, even though I didn't see any bears!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Good place to stay with friends, but not recommended for people traveling with families. It's somewhat a ghetto motel. But the stuffs were very friendly. The nearby restaurants aren't good. If you are planning for a trip to Yosemite national park, then don't pick this motel since it's very far from the park.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
San Diego, California
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at Motel 6 in Mammoth this summer and it was a very affordable, no frills hotel. Amenities are simple, but the hotel was clean and pretty quiet at night. It is right on the main road into town and close to lots of restaurants, stores, gas stations, etc. We liked it because it allows us to travel with our pets.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family