I should've listened to the reviews. I booked this hotel thinking, "How bad could it be?" after reading the reviews. Apparently, I didn't read the reviews closely enough to realize they do not have AC. But so many of the properties in Mammoth do NOT have AC (this includes some of the pricer resorts), that I thought it'd be okay. Also, the forecasted low was 49 degrees, so we figured we'd be fine.
OH NO. That room NEVER cooled down. We did have a screen on the window (many of the reviews say there is no screen, but we had one). It was hot and muggy in there, despite a 50 degree night.
Now that we have that covered, let's get down to the details -
-Rooms are tastefully decorated
-Covered underground parking
-Within easy walking distance to restaurants.
- Tiny pillows. They are the size of those decorative pillows you'd put on your couch. You will have a stiff neck in the morning.
- The breakfast area is complete chaos. Waffle maker totally messy with gobs of batter strewn everywhere. Kids running around. Dirty tables and overflowing garbage cans. GROSS.
THE NOISE. OMG. First, we were placed in a room facing the street. A very BUSY street. I have stayed in hotels in MANHATTAN that were quieter than this. For a small resort town, that road is BUSY. Add in the fact that you MUST keep your window open to attempt to cool down the room, and it makes for a long, LOUD night.
Second, we were on the first floor. You will hear your upstairs neighbors EVERY MOVE. There is no insulation. Our LOVELY upstairs neighbors sounded like a heard of elephants ALL.NIGHT.LONG. We had to call the front desk about 6-7 times to complain! The noise never stopped.
Third, at midnight, a hotel employee decides to chain up a lawnmower to a trailer right below our room. CLANG CLANG CLANG for about another hour. I even yelled at him to stop and told him it was MIDNIGHT! Again, called the front desk and they didn't do squat about it.
Never AGAIN! NEVER! Do not book this hotel. You will not get any sleep.
Also, the lame excuse this hotel uses to respond to guests on TripAdvisor regarding not having AC - "It's not stated as an amenity." Nope. Sorry. It's 2014, not 1974. It's expected these days, just like having a color TV. GET SOME AC OR CLEARLY STATE THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE IT ON YOUR WEBSITE.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Inn near Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort hotel in CaliforniaThe Quality Inn® near Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort hotel is conveniently located just four miles from Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, with nearby shuttle to and from the resort every 30 minutes during the ski season.This Mammoth Lakes, CA hotel is driving distance to area attractions, including:The Devils Postpile National MonumentMono LakeYosemite National ParkConvict LakeLookout Mountain LoopThe hotel is also close to Bodie State Historic Park, Mammoth Rock and the Hot Creek State Fish Hatchery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Quality Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Hotel Mammoth Lakes
- Quality Inn Mammoth Lakes
- Mammoth Lakes Quality Inn