“Very disappointed”
Review of Devils Tower KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Devils Tower
Devils Tower KOA
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The only thing this place has going for it is the location.Amazing view of Devil's Tower. No WiFi to speak of, bathrooms are run down and needing remodeled,50 amp service that was overloaded and blowing breakers, no cable, no pool (I asked about pool when reserving and was told it was closed for cleaning but would be ready when we got there) it was empty and obviously something wrong,we had dinner at Kate's cafe.They should not be allowed to serve food that bad. Movie at 9 every night? Only if you don't want sound with that movie. All this for $70/night! I paid half that last night in Wall and the place is awesome by comparison. DTKOA, you need to focus on improving your service, you should be ashamed to know your existence is solely based on your location.

• Stayed: July 2014
Andrea W, General Manager at Devils Tower KOA, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Hello,
I am sorry to hear you were disappointed in us. I hope that your concerns were addressed by the staff during your stay as I know they were not requested to be addressed by management. The WIFI here in rural Wyoming is an interesting beast. The local company has brought us as much infrastructure as they can at this time and it simply hasn't caught up with urban America. Those of us who live here have hopes for it to improve soon! There is no cable available, even in the homes here. Our bathrooms are currently being remodeled and the electrical service is being addressed. During your stay the pool was being drained and refilled due to a health concern. It simply takes time to drain, refill and balance the chemicals in order to have a sanitary pool. Our customers health is first on our list! With regard to the cafe- I am so sorry that you weren't pleased! I hope that you spoke with your waitress so the problem can be fixed. Again, I apologize for not meeting your expectations and appreciate the feedback. We work hard here, but are only human and will continue to strive to make improvements.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

This is literally at the entrance to the park. We had an amazing view of the tower from our site. Negatives were that the wifi was non existent, the movie; Close Encounters, was really cool to see while facing the tower, however the speakers were blown and the AC from the building behind us was so loud we couldn't hear it until about an hour in to the movie. I really can't complain though, we still enjoyed it!

Stayed: July 2014

Hi! Thank you for your responses. The view of Devils Tower from the campground is impressive. I understand the issues with the WIFI. We are working with a local company to improve the service. They have provided us with the maximum allowance at this time and it simply isn't enough. Rural Wyoming has a true lack of infrastructure in this regard! We are now in the process of moving the movie to a new location with outdoor speakers as well. I appreciate your feedback and hope you will visit us again!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed here overnight, location is perfect for visiting Devils Tower. The tower is in plain view from the campgrounds and very close. Nothing special for the campsite, just an open grassy area for tenters like ourselves. But the ground was level and the park stayed quiet. They offer a movie every night, (Close Encounters.. of course) and they offer free WiFi, but the reception is lousy at the tent sites and you must go over near the office to pick up anything. The camp store and store across the street are nice and convenient. The staff is very friendly. Enjoyable stay, would return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello,
Thank you for posting feedback for us! We love our location at the foot of Devils Tower. It has a special place in our hearts. We are working to get better WIFI here, but unfortunately in rural Wyoming the infrastructure simply isn't very good yet. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Safe travels...

Reviewed 26 July 2014

As others have said,w the location of this campsite is superb! We were able to set up our tent wherever we liked, with a full view of the Tower in the background. My only complaint was with the washrooms - a mirror would have been a bonus!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CAROL B
Andrea W, General Manager at Devils Tower KOA, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Hello,
Thank you for staying with us in our tenting area. Our shower houses have been recently remodeled and unfortunately a mirror was broken and had to be replaced. It is up now! I hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable and if you are in the area again that you will stay with us.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I chose the KOA Devil's tower for its proximity to Devil's Tower and tent camping offering. Not only is the location superb, so was their Customer Service. I had presented challenges with my ternary that required changes outside the normal time limits for the campground and their staff was very gracious and accommodating. I will certainly visit this KOA again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear your concerns and challenges were taken care of in a professional and courteous manner. We try hard to meet the needs of our customers and your comments mean we are doing that. Thanks again!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Our large family group recently camped at the Devils Tower KOA, and I have to say we liked the way the tent camping area is maintained so that you can place your tents anywhere you like, which made it easy to set up camp, and keep an eye on the little kids while doing so.

As with any other business, it's all about location, location, location, and this place is THE location to camp for views of Devils Tower. The views from the campground are amazing. Obviously, Devils Tower takes center stage, but the evening sun on the red rock cliff is also rather fantastic.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KCmotravler

Thank you for bringing your family to the Devils Tower KOA! We keep our tent camping open so campers can select their own site from our many acres. It makes for a more authentic camping experience and is great for kids! We have a deep love for Devils Tower and the surrounding area. The red rock cliff you mentioned is right above the Belle Fourche River and directly across from the tenting area. It provides a beautiful backdrop for the area below. Thanks again for your feedback, travel safely and enjoy yourselves!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This KOA blew us away. It is at the entrance of Devil's Tower park, exceptionally clean and the grounds are absolutely beautiful. It is across the street from a large general store, ice cream store, camp store and restaurant and has a large general store and restaurant of its own. The main building with the store/restaurant is rustic and beautiful. The location is incredible. As you can see from my photo outside our RV, the view of Devil's tower can't be beat. They have all sorts of family friendly activities and a large pool. At the far end of the camp was a large stream with a cliff wall of red clay. It was beautiful. They have paths adjacent to the stream and you could actually follow this stream into the Devil's Tower park. This KOA made for a very memorable experience. If we ever go back to Devil's Tower there's absolutely no doubt we'll stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello,
What wonderful comments you have left for us! Thank you! We truly do take pride in our business and work hard to provide a clean park and enjoyable experience. I am thrilled to hear that you liked our establishment. I agree that the location is amazing- Devils Tower is awesome in every sense of the word. We love to share it with our visitors as well as the Belle Fourche River, which you also mentioned. I hope you will come back and stay with us again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Devils Tower
Best Western Devils Tower Inn
Sawin' Logs
Sawin' Logs
#2 of 4 in Devils Tower
Lytle Creek Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Devils Tower KOA? Share your experiences!