“Overpriced and disappointing” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Captain Whidbey Inn Restaurant

The Captain Whidbey Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Captain Whidbey Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 26 Restaurants in Coupeville
Price range: US$1 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, View, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Seattle
“Overpriced and disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2009

I had dinner with my parents and my uncle on the 4th of July. My dad had been very excited to try this newer restaurant. Our server was friendly and attentive at first. We had an appetizer of mussels, which were tasty. We all ordered a salad, which was fine, but nothing special. The evening took a nose dive when the entrees arrived. I had the seafood paella. It was swimming in oil. I tried to move the rice to one side of the bowl to drain some of the oil. There was at least an inch of oil in the bottom of the bowl. I picked out 2 prawns and left the rest. My dad had the steak. It was a TINY piece of meat. My dad had asked for medium rare and it was medium well. Our server had checked back right after the food was delivered but then she pretty much disappeared. I wish she had come back so I could have done something about the paella earlier. I told her I really did not care for the paella when she finally came back. She tipped the bowl and looked at it and said "I wouldn't eat it either." The restaurant bought my dessert. I found out the next day that they had not taken the paella off the bill! This was definitely a dining experience- just not a good one.

• 1 of 5 bubbles