“Nice Asian fusion” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kamloops, Canada
“Nice Asian fusion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Kim's café has a great location on the wharf, which might lead you to suspect that it's premium location might trump the food quality (I think we've all witnessed this before..) However, the food was quite satisfying and their soups and stirfrys offer a nice mix of seafood and Thai flavors. This appears to be a family run show and everyone seemed genuinely concerned about the customer. I thought the curried coconut cream sauce on the plate of mussels was perfect. I can't speak for the fried and battered options, but you can get those anywhere, so stick with what makes this place unique.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Centennial, CO
“Great Lunch on the Pier”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The restaurant is located at the end of the pier and is well worth the walk out from town. Three of us came for a late lunch (3 pm) and found it almost empty of customers. I ordered fish and chips with peanut coleslaw. It was delicious, especially the beer batter encrusted fish. Service was fine as expected with no other guests. The restaurant is comfortable and the view superb. The menu has a strong Asian influence along side American dishes. If I lived in the area I would find some way to eat here on a weekly basis.

Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Easily satisfied a big crowd”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We walked into Kim's shortly after 11 am with a party of 11 and no reservation. We were promptly seated - first pleasant surprise. We ordered around the menu, including several meal splits and shares without any hassle. Food was all good. The sandwiches were not the best choices on the menu - the bread to filling ratio was heavily weighted to bread. Pad Thai and Pho were very good.

Visited July 2014
Freeland, Washington
“Don't even bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Perched at the end of the wharf in Coupeville, I was hoping for a nice lunch with fresh fish. There are a couple of good restaurants that we usually attend when we make the drive there, so we wanted to try something different. The restaurant has a heavy Asian influence but they also offer fish and chips as one might expect in a town by the sea. My friend ordered the pad thai with 4* as she likes it hot. It was not in the least spicy and had very little good flavor. I ordered the fish and chips - big mistake. The fish was old and frozen as were the fries. A frozen dinner would have been better, fresher, and much less expensive. Try Toby's Tavern for casual food or the wonderful Christopher's for a delicious lunch or dinner, but avoid Kim's Cafe.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dollygurl
Huntsville, Alabama
“Yummy mussels!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I had lunch here with two nieces and one nephew--all teenagers. Great food, varied menu, rustic atmosphere. One of my nieces tried the Pahd Thai and loved it. I had the Penn Cove mussels prepared in white wine, garlic, and butter...oh, my were they ever delish!! Prices very reasonable and service was just right.