“Overpriced. Not Worth It. Owner Rude. Like you are an Inconvenience.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Countryside Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coupeville
Countryside Inn
Ranked #12 of 13 Coupeville B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Overpriced. Not Worth It. Owner Rude. Like you are an Inconvenience.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

The absolute worst part of this stay, was the owner treating us like it was an inconvenience for her that we were staying there. I'm sorry we are overpaying you for a terrible stay...

As cute as this little place may seem, it is definitely not worth what you pay for it. We were forced to stay here as it was the last place on Whidbey Island with accommodations because our reservation with one of those online booking websites didn't go through. The hotel we booked at found us this last room, and apologetically and hesitantly sent us there. They asked the lady to hold the room for us as we were 30 minutes away and from another area so not familiar with the Island, but she threatened to give our room away if we didn't show up in 30 minutes. It was near dark, we were panicked and driving in an unknown area full of anxiety because of this rude lady, hoping to get the room as we would have to head to Seattle otherwise, not very nice.

Upon arriving we had to use an outdoor phone with a one-button call, kinda cool and old-school, and was met with a barking older lady on the other end. The owner. Not pleasant in person either. Quite abrupt and to be honest needs some classes on management and customer service. When I asked if there was wifi (needed to research my route for the next day,) she scoffed at me why I would need it. Same with when I asked about a/c. We aren't from the area, and again don't know that at night it cools off quite a bit, but a/c would have still been nice since the windows do not lock proper or at all if left open. The room while cute and extremely clean, are not worth the $200 US a night to stay there, especially with no wifi, continental breakfast, being able to hear your neighbors through the walls, a literally 15% painted bathtub or an extra pouch of coffee for the morning. The television is from the 70s, along with the kitchen supplies, fixtures, and the windows didn't have proper locks. It's located right next to a highway as well, if you prefer no road noise.

Would I stay there again? For that price, definitely not. And for that customer service? HECK NO! I would drive to Seattle in hindsight.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Angelina M

Couples
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sunnyside, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed Friday night. Actually located a couple of miles out of Coupeville. Looks to be old motel that has been nicely refurbished. Handy cap Room was large. 2 double beds. Super Clean. Step over tub with 3 hand rails. Large bathroom. Sink vanity had small top area as coffee machine was there. Handy cap rail for help on the toilet was BEHIND the tank on the wall. Useless. I guess you are supposed to straddle th toilet and grab the bar. No phone. No internet. DirecTv package on a TV from the dark ages. The old vhf/uhf click tuner type but it had a very good picture. A bit expensive but it is the season in a tourist area. Oh, No Shampoo(I always carry my own just in case) but there was soap and the towels were large and thirsty. For the price their should be shampoo. Good flow from the shower head. Bed was comfortable and the pillows were not one inch pieces of useless fluff. If no one is in the office, there is a phone outside by the door. You pick up the phone and push the button ONCE (their instructions) and wait for an answer. I finally went searching. Found them fixing a TV in a room. All rooms on ground floor.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SunnysideGourds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have used this place when I have a large group I need to accommodate. Not only is the owner very kind and helpful, she really goes out of her way to see that your stay in perfect.

The rooms are clean, comfortable and perfect for my group's needs. I like the suites as they have a full kitchen complete with pots and pans. This is a charming property, well-lit and very clean. No long term stays and the perfect price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
clinton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

super place to stay. beautiful courtyard and very clean rooms. coffee maker, refrigerator, direct tv, very comfortable beds and the inn keeper is wonderful and very willing to help in any way! even picked us up and took us wherever we needed to go! Would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: rooms on the courtyard side have a beautiful view!