“Great views and great food.”
Review of Front Street Grill

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Alexander Street
Description: Front Street Grill is located on the waterside of Front Street in Coupeville Washington. We have spectacular views of Mt Baker and the Historic Coupeville Wharf.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We spent the day driving around Whidbey Island and stopped in Coupeville to check out the shops and local restaurants. We decided on the Front Street Grill for dinner and we were not disappointed. The food portions were generous and tasted great. I know that they are famous for the Penn Cove mussels and my husband ordered them. My daughter and I had never tried them. He ordered the southwest version and we all liked them although they didn't have much southwest favor to them. I ordered the crab cake appetizer and enjoyed it. Nice ambiance and nice view over the water. Recommend.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

As a child vacationing on the East Coast, I learned that mussels were good bait when fishing for crabs. It took a long while for me to accept that people, in fact, also ate mussels, and that when prepared properly can be quite the delicacy. The Front Street Grill on Whidbey Island does mussels well. Overlooking Penn Cove, from where the freshest of mussels are delivered, this cosy little restaurant serves them in a variety of styles. At our table we tried mussels in green coconut curry and mussels Mediterranean over linguini. Both were taste treats. Of course the Grill does serve nice salads and other pub-style food, but the the selection and style of mussel dishes make this place popular. The staff is friendly and efficient and clearly doing something right.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great food and view, we stop there every time we are on the Island. Super accommodating to families and groups. Great wine selection as well. A must visit if you've never been.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Met a couple who recommended this place as a suggestion for lunch while exploring Whidbey Island. We had the fish and chips. Husband had it as ordered with slaw and fries. I subbed the two sides for fresh vegetables and garlic mashed potatoes. EVERYTHING was top notch! The fish is some of the best we have ever eaten. There was literally nothing on our plates that was NOT delicious!! A must if you are in the area.!!

1  Thank htimsfd
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Very good meal here with excellent service from Jesse. I had the spicy seafood pasta with prawns, cod, mussels, clams... different sauce with coconut milk. Dan had the Penn Cove mussels with white wine, garlic, tomatoes. He cleaned the bowl with the extra buns Jesse brought us The mussels are farmed right there in Coupeville and they were the best we've ever had the pleasure to enjoy. Lots of different sauces to pick from - next time its the chorizo sauce for me.

2  Thank lorraineHope