“Beautiful property, lovely hosts”

Blue Goose Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 13 Coupeville B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“Beautiful property, lovely hosts”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

En-route through Washington and the Oregon coast, out party of 4 had the pleasure of a stopover in Coupeville, WA and an overnight stay at the Blue Goose Inn a couple weeks ago. The foyer/check-in area is inviting with beverages and fresh baked treats. The hosts Becky and Dave are such lovely folks! Our rooms were comfortable, nicely furnished, and most important to us...clean and well kept. Breakfast the next morning was lovely in the front sunroom, noticeable that there care and attention to a meal that was wholesome, nutritious, fresh ingredients, and of course delicious! Thank you Becky and Dave for a lovely overnight stay which we thoroughly enjoyed!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Becky & David are excellent, personable and accommodating hosts. Our room (The Quarterdeck) was comfortable, quiet, and spacious. We enjoyed the hammock outside. The BEST part are the breakfasts! To die for! Using local and fresh ingredients, they were delicious and flavorful.

Do not come on a diet or you will miss out on the best breakfasts you will ever eat.

This was a trip with my daughter but I will def be bringing my husband back. Thanks Becky &David!

Stayed August 2014
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Becky is a fantastic and creative chef! She even was very sensitive to my special dietary needs. The authentic Victorian houses are beautiful and very comfortable. We all commented how comfortable the beds were. The location is very central to town and easily walkable to all parts of the adorable little village. Whidbey island was beautiful with lots of fun and adventure. And the shopping wasn't bad either. I really enjoyed my week long stay here. My only small concern was the slow internet speed in the room. Dave and Becky were very gracious hosts.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view, it's fantastic.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
BlueGooseInn_WA, Owner at Blue Goose Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Hi Charlotte, Thanks so much for your kind review. We're truly sorry you had difficulty with the internet connections. Normally our broadband service is extremely fast, so something must have gone wrong. David is usually available to help troubleshoot any problems you may have - just let us know. We've also added a brief troubleshooting guide to the Guest Info book in the room.
Kind regards,
-Dave & Becky
Langley, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed one night with a friend on a little getaway to explore Whidbey Island. What a treat! The inn is gorgeous, the hosts are friendly and attentive and the location is fantastic. Will be going back for sure but will stay longer next time. Highly, highly recommended!

Room Tip: All of the rooms appear to be excellent, quaint, comfortable!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My stay at the Blue Goose Inn was wonderful. The owners went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable. Becky's breakfasts are delicious, and she and Dave are really conscientious about any diet restrictions, which I really appreciate. Every concern I had they addressed quickly and I felt as though it really mattered to them that I was happy and comfortable. It's a great location. Shops and restaurants are less than two blocks away, just a short walk. The art school is three-tenths of a mile, easy walking distance. And if you get the room with the full kitchen and living room, the grocery store is a short drive away. My only suggestions would be to sharpen the knives in the kitchen as they are horribly dull and difficult to use. And the cutting board is tiny, making chopping a chore. But small things, easily corrected.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Marianne M
Hi Marianne. Thanks again for choosing the Blue Goose Inn and for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the heads-up on the dull knives - I went over and sharpened all of them today. We're sorry you couldn't find the larger cutting board, which is located with the cookie sheets in the narrow cabinet at the far end of the counter. We'll make sure to point it out to future guests.
-Dave & Becky
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

The Blue Goose Inn is a wonderful inn and the best choice to stay on Whidbey Island! The owners, Becky and Dave are so hospitable, down to earth, and knowledgeable about the island. They take great care to ensure your stay is relaxing and refreshing.

The breakfasts are wonderful! They go above and beyond in planning and preparing. They make their own homemade butters, maple syrups, and utilize a lot of the local and organic produce from the island. During our stay, we got to taste the sweeter breakfast such as lemon-ricotta pancakes with fresh local blueberries, and savory breakfasts like egg and chorizo breakfast enchilada with a homemade tomatillos sauce. It was a beautiful treat to be here and my husband and I will certainly be coming back.

This was the perfect, stress free, relaxing getaway we needed!

• Stayed July 2014
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was actually in Coupeville for business, so I just booked Blue Goose Inn because it was in such a convenient location. Boy am I glad that I did. The only complaint that I have about the Inn is that I had to check out at the end of my stay. I was very tempted to miss my flight and stay another night or maybe even a month! Becky and Dave we great. I did not expect to be as late as I was, and just made it under the wire to the check in time. Even though they had to wait for me, they were very gracious. They were very friendly, helped me with my bags, gave me info on the Inn, set me up for breakfast the next day, accommodated for any food needs, and helped me settle in. When I got to the adorable Garden room, I had homemade cookies waiting for me. They also had a individual size coffee maker, teas, and a jug of water all set up. This alone was enough to make me happy. Luckily for me, things just got better. I took a short walk town to the main part of town and grabbed a bite to eat, when I came back, I enjoyed a little rest in the lovely garden. The garden is the perfect place to sit and read or just to put your feet up. Then, when I returned to the room I discovered that the shower (which was private) had good power and plenty of hot water. Then, the towels were big, fluffy, and so soft. As someone who travels a lot for work, soft towels are really a treat. Then, I got into bed. THIS WAS AMAZING!!! That is pretty much all I can tell you because the next thing I knew, I was waking up to my alarm the next day. I slept so well, the bed was practically still made. I did really struggle getting out of bed because I was just so darn comfortable, but I did it because I had to make it to breakfast. If all of the other things that I have mentioned have not gotten your attention, I hope this part will. The breakfast was so far above and beyond what I am used to on the road. The first morning, Becky served fresh strawberries with a local balsamic, a cauliflower quiche, turkey sausage, and roasted veggies. This was served alongside a dynamic coffee and our choice of juice. Day two was a ricotta cheese pancake with fresh strawberries. I had no idea pancakes could be so decadent and so light. Each part of the meal is also presented beautifully and you can tell that Becky and Dave put a lot of thought and love into everything they do. This is true of the breakfast and of the Inn itself. If you are a person who really gets joy out of the little details, this is the place to stay. I really hope to get back to Coupeville. If I do, I know where I will be staying.

Room Tip: The Garden room was perfect for just one person, but the bed was very big and I would have loved to...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coupeville
Captain Whidbey Inn
#2 of 16 in Langley
The Coachman Inn & Suites
The Coachman Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Oak Harbor

Been to Blue Goose Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!