“A beautiful, cozy nest”

Garden Isle Guest Cottages
Ranked #4 of 13 Coupeville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was our second stay and we'll be back again. We love Coupeville! These cottages are in a great location there. Great thought has gone ever detail in these cottages! From homemade cookies, quiche, fresh orange juice, it's all just lovely!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We just spent 2 quiet relaxing nights in cottage 2. The cottage had everything to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable from the rocking chairs on the porch to the perfect bedding. We lacked for nothing in amenities or food. Dan, the owner provided us with a wealth of information. The close proximity to shopping, hiking trails and island exploring makes it a great "home base." We hope to return sooner than later.
John and Gayle
(PS Eat dinner at Christopher's, it's a real treat!)

Room Tip: We loved cottage 2's location, flowers and front and back porches.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed at one of the cottages. We liked the hot tub but ran into a misunderstanding with the owner about what it means to be a B&B. The cottages are advertised as B&B as of this writing. We expected a fresh breakfast every day with our room made up. The owner expected to stock the refrigerator with breakfast foods on the first day and for that to be breakfast for both. Trying to clarify this led to awkward exchanges when we asked for our room to be made up: The breakfast dishes were simply left soaking in the sink, so we had to wash out fresh cups for breakfast the next day. Not recommended unless you want self-catering.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
gardenisle, Owner at Garden Isle Guest Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Since you wrote the negative review on June 7, 2014 "Passive-aggressive owner?" I will attached my same response to that one to this one. Our desire is to have our guest have a wonderful stay and I am sorry you did not. Thank you that you said that your cottage was charming and clean and you enjoyed the hot tub. Our cottages are private self-contained units with a kitchenette and a barbeque available for cooking. Many guest have call them a home away for home and bring their own food. We are happy to do the dishes when you depart. I did make up your bed and dumped any garbage and replaced the towels that you had left but I was surprised that you said I didn’t. I am sorry for the confusion about breakfast, we do advertise that we put out a complimentary breakfast in your cottage for the first two days. We do this so guest can have a private breakfast whenever they want to get up in the morning. I am glad you thought the quiche and banana bread were excellent. We are working on a better ways to communicate to our quests their breakfast options, so this will not happen again.

Dan Currier

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed for three nights in Cottage 1 of the Garden Isle Guest Cottages. The owner Dan, was friendly and helpful with excellent knowledge of the area. The room was comfortable and clean, beautifully decorated and well stocked. The breakfast foods in my cottage were delicious and fresh. I also enjoyed the rockers on the front porch as well as the bench swing on the side porch. An easy walk to Front Street (1 block away) where the views are spectacular, as well as excellent restaurants and shops all within walking distance. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sue T
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is our second stay at the Beachcomber Cottage at Garden Isle. It was a delightful experience in every way. Our hosts provided for us down to the last detail--even to the delicious quiches and other fixings provided for breakfast, homemade cookies, and our choice of ground or whole bean coffee. Instead of off-the-shelf reproductions on the wall, there are beautiful original photo prints. Accommodations were of the highest quality throughout. Front and back lawns are inviting. The roses were in bloom along the back deck, and the short stroll into "downtown" through the park and along the bluff path was charming. Dan was helpful and just the right amount of friendly.

Room Tip: Either cottage works perfectly for a couple and the Admiralty house accommodates a family reunion.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed at the Beachcomber Cottage for three nights while checking out real estate in the area. First, customer service is outstanding -- Dan provides an excellent overview of Coupeville and knowledgeable advice on what to see and where to eat, plus he followed up with me throughout my stay to insure that I was comfortable. Second, the little cottage is fresh and clean, pretty without being overly cute. Third, I really like the idea of breakfast in the cottage, on your own schedule, and the food was both plentiful and delicious, as well as much healthier than these kinds of breakfasts tend to be. Last but not least, the bed was very comfortable -- no complaints from my back whatsoever. Be aware, though, that there is no view of the beautiful harbor from your room, inside or outside, if this is important to you. My only criticisms would be that there was next to no space to put anything in the bathroom (which was quite spacious) -- grooming supplies and oral care ended up in little piles on the floor. And, while there is an excellent wall-hung TV, the only place to view it is in bed -- not on the couch or at the dining table. I did enjoy my stay and my introduction to Coupeville.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank baamoolady
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We don't have to look for "our place" in the Coupeville area any longer. We have stayed here twice and it will absolutely be our first choice from now on. Clean, uncluttered and high quality. The breakfast fixings provided are delicious. If you are looking for a peaceful place to relax in Coupeville, this is the place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coupeville
Captain Whidbey Inn
#3 of 13 in Coupeville
Cottage on the Cove
Cottage on the Cove
#11 of 13 in Coupeville

Been to Garden Isle Guest Cottages? Share your experiences!