“Island Breakfast”

Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great place to eat breakfast in historic Coupeville. Delicious egg dishes and baked goods. Cinnamon rolls as big as your head. Try sharing one. They didn't open until 9am which means they might not meet everyone's schedule. But if you are running on Whidbey Island time, it's worth a visit.

There are newer reviews for Knead & Feed Restaurant

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Had dinner on a summer Thursday night. Lovely window seats overlooking water. Food was simple, fresh, well prepared and well priced. Found it wholesome and enjoyable but a tad bland to be truly memorable.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I entered the upstairs bakery to view the delicious pastries before taking the outside stairs to the downstairs restaurant. We ordered one cinnamon/caramel roll with walnuts and one omelette breakfast to share. We enjoyed every bite. The experience was delightful including the food, the efficient and friendly service and the beautiful view of the water. We ordered another bun another day to take home; worth the calories and extra exercise!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Beautiful location, wonderful view, and friendly service at the downstairs restaurant. That may all make up for the wait if you are prepared. I didn't mention the food quality, because I didn't get any. Not that I didn't order any, just that I didn't get any.

My experience may have been unusual, but I'll never know for sure as I won't be going back. On the Sunday morning that I decided to have breakfast here the restaurant was only about half full and I was seated immediately. A few minutes later I had a menu. The selections aren't extensive, so I had made my choice well before the waiter came to take my order. That was about 15 minutes after I had been seated; it was a little slow, but at least I had a great view. About 10 minutes later I finally received my water and OJ. As other people's food was delivered, I noted each looked quite tasty and eagerly awaited the delivery of mine. As time passed, and still no food, my patience began to wear thin. After waiting for 45 minutes, I flagged the waiter down and asked when my order would be out. He said that he would go check and when he returned he said that one order was ahead of mine and that it would be started next. I thought I must have misunderstood, but he confirmed that my order had yet to be started. I politely cancelled my order and asked for my check. To his credit, and that of the restaurant, the waiter offered to comp my juice; I declined his offer, but appreciated the offer.

Even though I didn't get to eat here, I would not discourage folks from visiting. Based upon the other reviews here, it's likely that your experience will be better.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The 'Inn' we were staying at gave us vouchers to have our breakfast at the Knead and Feed. The bakery (or the "Knead" part of the name) is right on Front Street, but we were directed to go down some external stairs to the restaurant. We had a table right by the window, with a fabulous view across the water.
They served Whidbey Island Coffee, and my friend and I split one of their amazing cinnamon roles while we waited for our omelets. It was a great breakfast in a wonderful setting. The staff were friendly, and the food was great.