My daughter, new grand daughter and I decided to opt for a Groupon to a small resort on Whidbey island. We were totally astonished when we arrived. The Inn is log cabin construction and is very old. There was something quite captivating, about the crooked floors, exposed logs and massive fireplace. We weren't prepared for tiny rooms and a bath shared with all guests, but it really was ok. The saving grace was my daughter's new baby. Babies are not allowed in the rooming house area, so she was offered a small cabin. It was wonderful with separate bedroom, small kitchen, wood burning fireplace and hot tub outside the door. The grounds were perfectly maintained and quite beautiful. We enjoyed lunch and dinner on the large deck facing the water. We enjoyed each meal and our surroundings. Only two disadvantages with this resort: they are not pet friendly, so my little 12 pound dog had to sleep in the car. Brrrr...! Maintenance can be a little slow. The hot tub quit working and no one was available to repair until after our checkout. Other than that, we are considering returning to make it an annual event. The ferry ride was a fun addition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Captain Whidbey Inn is an enchanting log inn that was hand-built in 1907. Located on the shores of Penn Cove inside the Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve, the Inn is centrally located for nature enthusiasts, island explorers and those seeking the charm of historic Northwest towns by the sea. Activities popular with guests include hiking, kayaking, cycling, antiquing, horseback riding, fishing, wine-tasting, and beachcombing. With both rustic and modern accommodations, the Captain Whidbey Inn offers three types of lodging: quaint log-walled rooms in the inn itself, romantic private waterfront cabins, and the more modern Lagoon rooms. Guests staying at the Inn will enjoy the various water views on the property and from many guest rooms, on-site dining in our restaurant, a fun happy hour in the tavern, Complimentary continental breakfast, parking and WiFi are included in each reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Captain Whidbey Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Captain Whidbey Hotel Coupeville
- Captain Whidbey Inn Coupeville, Whidbey Island, Washington