Purchased voucher for 2 nights from LivingSocial.com. Prior to purchasing I called the Inn several times to ask if there was wifi in the rooms. I learned they had no tv sets so I took my ipad. I was assured that there was wifi in the rooms and I didn't have to hang out of the window to get it. This was not true for my room. There was no wifi. They sent someone over and he confirmed there was no wifi getting into that room. They did not have another room to accommodate me and my friend. I had upgraded the room when I booked it. I spoke to the staff about leaving the next day and wanted some type of refund. The owner was the only one that could handle the situation and he was not in town but the staff emailed him. I waited for some word from him the day I arrived. Waited the next day and finally it was too late to head all the way back home. He never returned my calls or responded to emails from his staff about the issue.Poor service from the owner. The staff was very nice and expressed they did understand why I was not pleased. You may wish to check out other places on the island to stay. I looked at a few and they were very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Captain Whidbey Inn is an enchanting log inn that was hand-built in 1907. Located on the shores of Penn Cove inside the Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve, the inn is superbly located for outdoor enthusiasts and those seeking the charm of a historic Northwest town by the sea. Activities popular with guests include hiking, kayaking, cycling, antiquing, horseback riding, fishing, wine-tasting, and beachcombing. With both rustic and modern accommodations, the Captain Whidbey Inn offers three types of lodging: quaint log-walled rooms in the inn itself, romantic private waterfront cabins, and the more modern Lagoon rooms. Overnight stay includes water views from all areas on the property, access to our restaurant, free continental breakfast, free parking and free WiFi access as well as hot tubs and fireplaces in certain units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Captain Whidbey Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Captain Whidbey Hotel Coupeville
- Captain Whidbey Inn
- The Captain Whidbey Inn Coupeville, Whidbey Island, Washington