“ok”
Review of The Tyee

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coupeville
The Tyee
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Coupeville
Reviewed 10 November 2011

The room was clean and quiet. Not fancy, but comfortable. Rooms are rented through the restaurant and bar, but in a separate building.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 October 2009

The previous reviewer had it about right - it's not that the place is so bad, it's that it's priced way above its class. I was bicycle-touring and I'm not real picky, but...

Here are a few things you do without at the Tyee: a DEADBOLT (important because the door opens to the parking lot); 3-HOLE SOCKETS (so unable to recharge my netbook - maybe not that important because there is no...WIFI); TELEPHONE (if you can't e-mail, it would be nice to be able to phone home. Or call the desk - oh wait there is no desk - check in at the bar and be careful not to knock over that fella's beer as you shout to be heard); BATHROOM COUNTER (think about it - no place to stash your stuff); BATHTUB (hey, I like a soak after pedaling all day). Not that I would bring my wife to a place like this, but she'd recoil at the scuzzy carpet, lack of amenities, no coffee maker, dingy lighting, etc. As a comparison, the next night I spent fifty bucks (25 dollars less) at the Sundowner in Sequim and got all of the above items.

Anyway, the staff were friendly enough, the restaurant food about average, and I got a good night's sleep. If I had it to do over again, though, I would have overnighted in Oak Harbor or pressed on to Port Townsend.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
5  Thank NVanHiker
Reviewed 29 September 2009

From the impression I got on the internet, we were expecting an older quaint little hotel. We stayed there in Sept 09. For $80 a night to stay in an old motel, right next to a pub it was a bit of a surprise. The room was not in very good shape, the carpet was in need of being replaced, there was way too much light coming through the windows, and we got to listen to the pub patrons until it closed. The bed was actually quite comfortable and it did get quiet earlier then I feared but overall the place was just too run down. It was close to the town center and not far from the ferry but the only way I would ever stay there again is if it was $40 a night There is no way it should have been $75

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank alexmichaels
Reviewed 20 July 2009

We stayed here because it was close to the ferry terminal and we had reservations on the early morning ferry to Port Townsend. There is really not too much in Coupeville - we drove back to Oak Harbor for dinner. The room is definitely no frills and somewhat dated. It was kind of weird checking in at the associated restaurant. But it was clean, and fairly quiet. However, i wonder if it would be on the weekend when the associated restaurant turns into a bar with karaoke... Our main reason for staying here was proximity to the ferry and it certainly was that. I would not stay here if i were just touring the area.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2008

The Tyee is still the best lodging value I know of on the Central and South end of Whidbey (and likely the whole Island, but I don't care to stay in Oak Harbor).. The food is pretty good too. My regular dinner during our visit was the Teriyaki Chicken w/pineapple sandwich.

5  Thank CAMason22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coupeville
Captain Whidbey Inn
Acorn Motor Inn
Acorn Motor Inn
#2 of 6 in Oak Harbor
Blue Goose Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Tyee? Share your experiences!