“A Great Sandwich!!”

Cuisines: Bar
Neighbourhood: Chestnut Hill
Neighbourhood: Chestnut Hill
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Schmitter at McNally's is one of my favorite all time sandwiches! It's a cheesesteak taken onestep further. I've been to all 48 continental states, and this is definitely in my top sandwiches. I've never taken anyone to McNally's who didn't love it. Their soups are good too. They have other sandwiches, but I can't get pass the Schmitter. Please don't compare it to the one at Citizen's Bank Park.

1  Thank David P

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Birthday dinner. I chose McNally's. "No Way" , "Way" ! I love McNally's Tavern. If I lived in Chestnut Hill my husband and I would be regulars for sure. We decided to sit at the bar so we could take our time. Tables are a precious few and most often there is a line of folks waiting. I like to sit at the bar and chit chat with the other folks. The bartender was friendly. He made me a wonderful Perfect VO Manhatten. I am fussy about my way to expensive drink of choice. He didn't have to fix the proportions at all. Soups, Salads Sandwiches and platters are available. Sorry no French Fries.I had a steak sandwich made on awesome Conshohocken Roll. It is just the kind of tavern that makes you feel cozy when you walk inside. Stop in for a brew or a meal. The friendly "top of the hill" historic McNally's tavern will welcome you. Schmitter sandwich find out for yourself !!!

1  Thank Wendy M
Reviewed 6 April 2014

While in town for business, I searched for a local "tavern" and located McNally's Tavern. When I walked in, it was obvious it's a local "hangout'. I was graciously approached by the waitress asking where I'd like to sit, etc. She suggested one of the local brews and also suggested their famous "Schmitter" for dinner. While I'm not one to normally partake of sandwiches like this, I did and WOW!!! It's no wonder why their famous for this sandwich! Next time I'm in town, I'll definitely stop by McNally's Tavern again!

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

We love this place! Stop in to see Craig the bartender , he keeps your drinks full and is on his game! I love the Scmitter! My wife gets the chicken cheesesteak on a kaiser, and we come here about once a month and get the same thing every time and catch up with Craig!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Great burgers here. I don't say that about anyone's, since a burger can just be a burger. There's are pretty darn good. No french fries though. Small kitchen and small menu, but there is something to enjoy, especially if you like sandwiches. Beer/drink prices are reasonable, especially compared to other places in Philly. Old style pub with good friendly service.

Prices are fair overall.