“Good But...”
Review of Federal Donuts

Federal Donuts
Ranked #11 of 161 Bakeries in Philadelphia
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very expensive - $18 for eight donuts. They do have unusual flavors like mango. I would try a different donut place next time.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Federal Donuts is right around the corner from the Palomar. I know, I know. I'm just being greedy. But you cannot call your trip to Philly a successful one until you've had a donut from Federal Donuts. Seriously! Take a bite when you visit. It was so soft, warm, succulent and it hit the right spot. You know that spot where you really want something and you're not sure. Then you take a bite of something random and realize that it's heaven? THAT SPOT! I've asked a few Philadelphians (passer-bys) and they attested that Federal Donuts is the place to go for authentic and delicious donuts.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I admit I came to FD with very high expectations given its reputation. My wife and I both ordered the chicken sandwich to go. The bread is outstanding and I loved the pickles and breading on the chicken. My issue is the chicken was stringy which you don’t see with high quality chicken. I did enjoy the sandwich but admit I was a bit disappointed given my excitement in finally trying FD. I will try one again since I live near and hope it was an anomaly.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

We were there late, but the doughnuts were still very fresh, and the quality is fantastic. Many options to choose from (more if you get there earlier).
We had the chicken, as well, and it was excellent.
Most impressive, though, was the service. Very friendly and very helpful.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Had my first taste of Federal Donuts today - my favorite was cinnamon and sugar which was warm. The chocolate was also very good.