“Would I stay there again, probably.”

aloft Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #55 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Margate, New Jersey
“Would I stay there again, probably.”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

First time stay over Saturday night. Very noisy. Found a half dead roach in the bathroom although the room was very clean. Front desk very pleasant and cooperative. Would probably stay there again, but slightly turned off especially about the roach.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jamamac

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
newtown, pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I haven't even stayed there yet but am already turned off by their deceptive advertising. I reserved a room when I saw that Triple A members received free parking. That is what was promised online. That's what I wanted as we will be away for nine nights. Once I was informed that this free parking meant for one night only, and that the other nights would cost $7.00 per night I'm thinking that I want to cancel my reservation. But that's when I learned the cancellation would cost me the price of the room: classic Catch 22 situation and I really do see myself victimized by deceptive advertising. I will stay the night, but only because otherwise I'd be giving up close to $150. So, just saying-- this advertising is not worthy of Starwood. They trapped me; they trapped others (I read the Trip Adviser reviews AFTER I made the reservation), and that will continue, I'm sure. What blew my mind was that I was not allowed to cancel my reservation less than one-half hour after I made it. I hope I sleep soundly at Aloft but I doubt that I will. Starwood: never again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chipshot1
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We enjoyed this unique contemporary trendy inexpensive hotel, close to the arena and downtown Philadelphia. We certainly will stay here again and reccomend it. If you're looking for restaurant in the hotel there is none but options to purchase food for breakfast in the morning, muffins, fruit,coffee is in the room.

Room Tip: near airport arena's and not far from downtown great location.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I stay at this hotel often - but only because I'm a Starwood junkie and this is the only Philadelphia airport Starwood property that has wireless internet in the rooms (important when you travel with an iPad and a mac air). It was great when it first opened, but has gone downhill fast.

Here are my main gripes:
1) The comforters are lumpy. All of the filling has migrated into piles, so huge sections have no fluff and then there will be a tall lump in another section. Not warm or comfortable.
2) I love that they have eco-friendly dispensers for shampoo and body wash in the shower. However, they choose to fill them with nasty blue paraben, phthalate, dye loaded products. Anybody who cares about environmentally friendly would be disappointed with this stuff inside the dispenser. Not to mention that I prefer to have a separate conditioner rather than an all-in-one - especially when staying in a property with very drying forced air heat.
3) They offer platinum members a free drink at the bar upon checkin. However, I've been visibly pregnant and now nursing for the last year. When I asked if I could have a cup of tea instead of a drink at the bar... the answer is flat now. Seriously?

The staff used to be really friendly and seem more empowered. However, most of the people that I recognize seem to be gone now.... replaced by staffers who seem to think that guests are an inconvenience for the hotel.

If it wasn't for the wireless, I'd never stay here again. Say it another way, when Starwood makes wireless available in ANY other airport property - I won't set foot in Aloft again.

Room Tip: If you stay in a room near the elevator - make sure you close the blinds - as people waiting in the...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Brattleboro, VT
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We had a bad experience at another Aloft, so I approached this one with trepidation. We were pleasantly surprised: very nice room, clean, comfortable bed, no problems whatsoever. I really appreciate that they take pets, which was the reason for trying this hotel brand. For those with dogs: there is grassy space bordering the parking lot. The young woman who checked us in was extremely efficient and pleasant. Parking was comped in with the room. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank halifax20
Reviewed 24 January 2012

very trendy and modern hotel. It was facing the airport so we heard a few planes take off. It was ok though because we wanted to be very close to the airport. the lobby was very nice, had pool tables and a bar. They didn't really have much option for food but we did order in from somewhere.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Reviewed 21 January 2012

This is a typical aLoft with a hip vibe in the lobby and cool modern furnishings in the rooms. While the rooms here are small, they are very well designed and we didn't feel crowded at all. My favorite feature was the frosted window between the shower and the room letting in lots of natural light to the wonderful shower.

We often stay near the airport the night before flying (because we live 2 hours from the airport) and we will stay at this one again!

My only complaint would be that there weren't any "freebies." There was bottled water in the room, but they charge for everything else... coffee, fruit in the lobby, etc. It would be nice if guests got these little cheap things for free (like at most W hotels and westins).

We also had a little trouble regulating the temp in the room; it was either too hot or too cold.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple