“Good Airport Hotel”

Ranked #56 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
New York City, New York
“Good Airport Hotel”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

For an airport hotel, this is a great place to stay. The customer service here is outstanding. The front desk was very attentive, calling me by name when I walked by and even the bartender remembered my name after ordering one drink. The only downside is that there isn’t much to eat around the hotel.

The hotel lobby is a great place to hang out. Aside from the bar, there is a pool table and other board games, a couple of computers, an outdoor seating area, and a pool and gym.

The room is fairly standard for an Aloft hotel. Our room had a view of the runway since it was right across the street, but the windows were sound proof we didn’t hear planes taking off and landing. The bed is comfy, and the restroom is a nice size. I particularly liked the fact the desk was in front of the window, since most hotels have the desk on a random wall. There’s also a small refrigerator in the room and ample electricity by the bed to charge a cell phone at night.

I would definitely stay here again, especially since the customer service was beyond my expectations.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear BoysInNY,
Thank you for your positive review. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, our accommodations and bar service. We look forward to hosting you again should your travels bring you back to the Philadelphia area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
New Jersey
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We recently spent one night at the Aloft. We had a very early flight out of Philadelphia and I chose Aloft based on the rate I received on Booking.com. The hotel was clean and the chech-in staff was friendly. We found the rooms to be fairly quiet even though the airport and airport parking lot are very close by. We were charged $12 to park, which I thought was included with the room, but I didn't question it since I could not remember for sure. There is not a restaurant in the hotel, but the Sheraton and Four Points are within walking distance and the hotel staff advised there are retaurants located on those properties. We had our car, and chose to make the quick drive into Philly for dinner. There are no ice machines in the hotel so you have to go to the front desk for a small bag of ice. This was a little inconvenient, since it's not posted in the room (I ended up googling it to find out) and there was only one person working the front desk and several guests waiting to check in. There is a lounge by the entrance as well as a small cafe. They looked nice and clean, although we did not purchase anything. If the price is right, I would likely stay here again for an early morning flight. Otherwise, I might consider another hotel that offers breakfast or parking with the price of the room.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Slow check in as only one girl at the front desk...I have to say tho...she tried to multi task. She was giving directions to a guest over the phone while trying to check another guest in. Shame they were so under-staffed. Parking at this location is plentiful and well lit. $12.95 per day to park and a shuttle that runs every 20 min. to the airport. Not sure I would ever stay at a hotel near the airport for any reason other than taking a flight. These hotels get run down very fast. My room was blah and shower was blah. Lots of bad caulking and other dis-colors in the shower that made it look run down. The very worst part of our stay was Hubby and I were woken up at 1:30am from the VERY loud MATING noises coming from the room next door. This went on for a good hour and a half. It was horrible to hear. The walls in this hotel are paper thin...we even heard talking between the walls. The bed had a depression spot in the middle...they need to flip the mattress. I would NEVER stay at this hotel again. We did not get a good night sleep and we had a looong early flight...it was a total mess.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Shersei
Dear Shersei,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. We're sorry to hear your visit did not meet your expectations. We are always evalutating ways for us to continually improve our services and product; so thank you for your honest feedback. We will be updating our showers starting in early December and hope this improvement will make future visits more comfortable. We have forwarded your other comments to management and will be looking to address those as well. Thank you for sharing and we look forward to hosting you again.
MI
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel because I had a flight the next morning. I think the theory behind the hotel is great, but this one seemed a but worn and old. The halls are dirty, the tiling in the shower was pretty bad and the credit card machine at the bar did not work. The beds were very uncomfortable and only two pillows.

The hotel is different as to how the rooms are set up, which did feel like IKEA. However, it was nice for a one night stay, I am not sure I would stay longer. The shuttle was convenient in the morning and made our flight in great time.

Overall it was an okay stay. We got a great deal so I can't complain too much.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank striking20
Dear striking20,
Thank you for choosing Aloft Hotels and for your feedback regarding your recent stay in Philadelphia. We're happy to hear you found our location convenient. We are aware that our hotel is in need of a facelift. Thank you for your feedback and we look to make improvements.
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 2 November 2013

place is getting a bit worn, room needed attention, wall paper peeling , shower tile dirty, was just not good at all, trouble with my reservation, seems the desk person checked me in with my first name as my last name, when some one came in the morning to pick me up, was told I never checked in , my ride to a meeting left, forcing me to rent a car to make my meeting a hour away, not good at all !

Room Tip: make sure they check you in under right name
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear jupiterinletcarguy,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're sorry to hear you encountered a number of inconveniences during your stay here. We have taken your comments back to the team and will look to retrain our front desk staff to ensure this mix-up does not happen again.
Bergen County
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We went to Philly for the weekend to see a concert and take in some site and the Aloft was very convenient. Only 15 minutes from the Wells Fargo arena and 20 from the historic area. Parking was only $12. The rooms were very comfortable and they had a nice bar with pool table ground floor. We would stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear kmq2000,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay in Philadelphia. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed the concert and our convenient location to the Wells Fargo Center. Thank you for commenting and we hope to invite you back here soon.
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Checking in and out ran smooth! The bar was exceptional and I loved the pool tables. Room was very comfortable and clean. I loved the shampoo,body wash in the shower. Room was spacious. I will be back!

• Stayed October 2013