“Love this place”

Ranked #55 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Rockville Centre, New York, USA
“Love this place”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

When I visit Philadelphia, this is my hotel of choice.

It's right outside of the airport, and it's very close to the city as well.

The staff is great, the rooms are clean, and the service is fantastic.

I highly recommend this place to anybody that needs to stay in the Philadelphia area

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank James S
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear James S,
Thank you for your positive review! We're honored to be your hotel of choice whenever you're in the Philadelphia area. We look forward to your return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Danville, California
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I arrived late in the evening after a long day of travel from the West Coast. The check-in staff was very friendly and accommodating. When I got off the elevator on the 3rd floor, the carpet was worn and needed to be vacuumed. The room was average; quiet and clean but again, a little worn around the edges.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank texasjwalker
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Due to severe weather warnings, I booked this hotel for the night before my flight to London, 13th February. Although the staff was very helpful and pleasant and the room was very spacious and comfortable, I don't really understand the total concept. There was not even a café on the premises but the bar was apparently the main attraction. All a tired traveller could get was either snacks or microwave fare. The poor receiptionist was boxed in in a little circular "office" in the middle of the lobby. Everything was supposed to look trendy and European and there was a pool table, gym and indoor pool (not heated when I swam in it). I take my hat off to the reception desk personnel who kept everyone happy, but the hotel owners need to rethink the concept. Probably a good hotel in the summer for tourists to Philadelphia (families, couples).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank wanderingwoods
Dear wanderingwoods,
Thank you for choosing Aloft Hotels before your trip. We're happy to hear you found your guest room comfortable and an overall pleasant stay. Aloft is a hotel that celebrates the individual and gives you freedom to control and customize your adventure to fit your travel style. Guests can mix and mingle with other travelers or enjoy some "alone time" without being lonely. Our open, modern design creates a space that is open to possibilities. Thanks again for sharing and we hope you'll try us out again!
LHR
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Read several reviews on the ALOFT and after my experience recently at the Hilton took a chance here..the previous reviews hinted at some problems so with some reservation checked in not really expecting much? Well I was surprised by both quality of the room and attention to detail / space? The room was tidy/clean but with some signs of wear and tear - but overall impression was not as bad as previously stated - perhaps I was lucky? Once I'd worked out the various hiding places for Hangers / Irons etc it was ok? I have to say that for once I was impressed by the quality of the Steam Iron - shows you how much I travel when things like that get a rating - but its important right..?? Now some negatives - Air Con/Heating too loud and program not responsive - ok when it was switched of from the mains. Doors weigh a ton and you cannot help slamming them - which leads to a lot of noise from other guests when closing doors etc? Could do with a few more items in terms of Soap- accessories but from a room perspective..thats about it? Yes the Bar area does get some "visitors" and not sure of there motives etc but possibly due to the music/ambience of the Bar area? Staff Training was going on and it was clear that the person being "trained" had some challenges - but from what we observed that was more down to the quality of the "Trainer"...overall I had reservations but I'd give it a 3/5 rather than the 1/5 for the Hilton.......

Room Tip: Away from the lift and a high floor would be a benefit......
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Stroudsburg, PA
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

At no time did I ever feel safe at this hotel. I arrived at 9:30 pm. The lobby area was inhabited by apparent prostitutes, assorted thugs, a man by whom his popularity I'm assuming was a pimp and a heavily sobbing and despondent washed out 50 something barfly. The room was worn. The bed uncomfortable. I couldn't get out fast enough. I have never left a review like this. I have literally over 1800 hotel nights experience and this one was in the top 3 worst. Never again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank fradel61
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear fradel61,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent visit. Safety and security of our guests is our first priority and we do not tolerate any illegal activity on the premises. Any activity reported to us will be forwarded to the authorities for appropriate handling. Thank you for letting us know.
Hammonton, NJ
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The Aloft Hotel brand is its non-traditional style. with emphasis on a modern and fresh look and a social atmosphere, which encourages guests to spend time in the lobby and meet other people. Rooms were basic, but functional. There is no restaurant, you have to walk across the Parking lot to either the Sheraton Suites or the Four Point. Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. My GF liked the gel pad in the elevator.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear rickn32058,
Thank you for choosing Aloft Hotels. We're so glad you loved the modern, fresh, open spaces. Thanks for sharing and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I have to say I'm pretty surprised by some of the reviews left here. My room is very clean, the bathroom functional (with a terrific shower), free fast wi-fi and a very pleasant bar. Best of all, the staff has been friendly and accommodating.

Sure, there is no overpriced restaurant at the hotel, but if you need food the Sheraton is right next door and the snacks available at aloft are more than adequate.

As for the comments about lack of storage space in the room - it's an airport hotel. I can see if you were here for a week, but the majority of people will only stay for a night or two. The bed is comfortable and the room is modern, with lots of power points for charging cell phones, iPads and laptops.

It's a fantastic hotel at a great price, and next time I am in Philadelphia I will definitely book again.

Stayed February 2014
Dear jimu16,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay in Philadelphia. We're thrilled you gave Aloft Hotels a chance and enjoyed your room, free wifi, and W XYZ bar. We look forward to welcoming you back to the area.