“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

aloft Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #57 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I picked out the Aloft hotel for a trip to Philadelphia. It has a unique and modern look to it both from the inside and outside. This hotel seems to be aimed towards the younger demographic, which I'm a part of.

The common area on ground level is a nice place to hang out if you're waiting to go somewhere or if you just want to grab a drink from the bar. The bartender was entertaining and very friendly.

The rooms were good too, plenty of space for us and our stuff. The showers were still being renovated and we had one that hadn't been done over yet. I feel bad for whoever was below us. One of the tiles on the edge of the shower had a pretty large gap in it, hopefully it didn't soak through below. Aside from that, the rooms have a really cool feel to them. Plus, a 40" TV with the ability to plug in your own devices like a Roku was pretty nice.

Overall, I would definitely stay in an Aloft hotel if there was one available at my destination.

Green Features: If you decline room service on any day besides the day you leave, you get a $5 voucher to use in their downstairs store.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Cody T,
Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear you had an excellent stay with us and liked our modern design and services. We appreciate you sharing the feedback about your guest room shower and apologize for any inconvenience it caused you. Rest assured, this had been addressed and properly handled. Thanks again, and we look forward to host you again should you return to the area. All the best.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Sandy Springs, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is the Aloft hotel. The people at the front desk is really nice. I feel like the people work there because they enjoy working with people. I had every need met for the most part. I will be making sure the next time im in Philly, that I stay at the aloft philly again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

My goodness is the AC loud in the rooms and there isn't a restaurant in the hotel either. The bed is comfy and the room is really nice the proximity to the airport makes it convenient and because of how loud the AC unit is the noise of the airplanes is completely drowned out.I think I'd stay across the parking lot at the Sheraton. The room contains no information about the hotel amenities,The front desk staff although polite offered no information at all upon check-in... I had to call the front desk to inquire about the location of the fitness area because the hotel website doesn't contain the information.

Green Features: The hotel offers you a $5 voucher for every day you opt out of cleaning service.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank lovedasunAtlanta_GA
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I thought I'd try the Aloft brand and I needed to be close to the airport so I decided to stay here. I was not expecting much since I know that this is one of the more low key, business-oriented Starwood brands. Much to my surprise, I loved it. It was just the perfect hotel for my two-night business trip in Philly. It has everything you need if you're on the go - proximity to airport, small snack bar in the lobby and a very comfortable room. I loved the layout of the room - very modern, clean and functional. They did so well in maximizing the space. The bed is on one side of the room facing the windows - you have a desk, power strip, etc as your work station. The LCD TV is mounted on the wall and underneath is a banquette (worked well for my lugagge). Behind the bed is a wall that divides the room and the other side of the wall has a tiny closet, safe and plenty of shelves to organize your stuff. And then on the corner is the shower room and vanity. The best part is that it is VERY affordable!

If you're wondering about great service - you'll get that here, too. I forgot my toothbrush in my hotel room in NYC. I told the Front Desk and toothbrush set was delivered to me after 10 minutes.

I would recommend this hotel for those who come to the city for quick business trips. Definitely not a vacation hotel but you can use it for vacation, too if you're on a tight budget.

Great job, Aloft!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

After a long day of travel it is always great to have a positive experience at check in. Angel was very helpful at check in and remembered my name at check out. The property was clean and well maintained. It's an aLoft so it's pretty basic but worked great for a quiet and clean airport hotel

Stayed July 2014
Dear Ageorgin2896,
Thank you for your review. We understand the importance of easy accommodations after a long day of traveling, and we are pleased to hear that Angel provided you with an excellent experience upon arrival. Thanks again for sharing, and we hope you will come back for your next trip in the area. Take care.
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here over The Fourth of July weekend. Understandably a busy weekend but when we checked in carpet was soggy bc of water draining from AC. Front desk reported the hotel was full and the solution was to place towels in front of unit. Luckily, we were out sight seeing and didn't spend much time in the room. Complained for the third time at check out and was comped our purchases at the 24/7 food area and one night of paid parking. Wouldn't stay here again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Pattyms,
We are very sorry for the complications from your air conditioning and apologize for any inconveniences that were caused. Since your stay, we've corrected the issue and apologize this was not remedied during your visit with us. Thank you for sharing with us, and we hope your 4th of July trip was a good one. Take care.
Orlando, Florida, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I got a great last minute AAA deal to stay for a night, and fly out of Philly the next morning. We were very happy with this hotel. The room was very clean and modern. The lobby had a chic, nice feel to it. It was super convenient to the airport the next morning (about a 3 minute drive.) It had an indoor pool, which looked okay. It also had a small fitness center....only 2 treadmills. No good restaurant choices close by though, although we found an okay Diner about 5 minutes away by car, and center city is about 20 minutes away. Parking was reasonable with in and out privileges - $12 per day. All in all, it was worth a stay - especially if you're wanting to be close to the airport.

Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philadelphia
Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center

Been to aloft Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!