“Party? In the Lobby? Oh Really?” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of aloft Philadelphia Airport

aloft Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #57 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Carlisle, PA
“Party? In the Lobby? Oh Really?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2009

We stayed here on a trip to see The Dead in Philadelphia. Too bad I was sick and spent most of my time in bed.

This was the first time we stayed in an aloft hotel. Very Eurostylish! Almost to the point of being too cool. The bed was just right, and the flat screen hi-def TV (which was built into the wall) almost convinced me I'm missing something. (No hi-def at home) Great water pressure in the shower, and a very cool sliding door setup in the bathroom.

Apparently there was a party in the lobby that night, but we heard nothing. Not even the usual coming and going of folks on the same floor.

We'll be going back again when I'm NOT sick, so I can really enjoy this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amesk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2009

I got this hotel on Priceline for $50 so I am happy with the price. We had an early morning flight from Philadelphia so we decided to stay at the airport. We arrived about 8:00 pm and as other reviewers stated, there was loud hiphop music inside the "lobby" (really just an open space with a round kiosk to check-in), the elevators and the immediate outside, which made it impossible to have a normal conversation. Several other guests (who were younger than we were) made the same comments about the music when we were in the elevator so it wasn't just us. However, once you were on your floor it was quiet, What wasn't quiet were the screaming children running up and down our hallway until almost midnight. I tried to call the front desk to ask them to do something but they never answered the phone. When we went down to the lobby after we checked in, I advised the lady who was manning the check-in kiosk that we were without packets of coffee in our room for the little coffeemaker--she said she would have someone bring them right up but no one ever did. The rooms themselves are very functional with good use of space. The bed was very comfortable and there is a large screen TV. However, it is very bare and utilitarian--grey walls in the hallways and the rooms. Some colorful pictures on the wall would have added some color and warmth to the rooms. There is no bathtub, only a walk-in shower, which was fine with us. And yes, the parking is $6.00 per night. The next morning we awoke to no hot water. Called the front desk and they said the entire hotel was without hot water and they had called maintenance. Since we had an early flight, we took a quick, very cold shower and headed to the airport.

This is a Starwood property and I was really surprised at the lack of service and amenities. If we had not gotten the $50 rate on Priceline I would have been very unhappy. The next time, I think I'll go with a more traditional hotel like the Sheraton or Hilton, which were just across the way.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
dover nh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2009

My husband and 3 children stayed here in order to pick up a new puppy we had purchased. We chose this hotel because they had a GREAT pet program. The room is in the style of a Loft, I don't understand why people keep thinking it is small. Please look up what a Loft is before you book. We felt there was plenty of room for us and the kids. The room had great storage.
Yes there isn't many amenties. No room service , resturaunt etc. They have a area with pre made sandwhiches, ice cream, snacks, salads etc that you can purchase. They also have espresso etc for sale. There is a coffee maker in the room and Bliss products. Front row parking for Hybrid cars.
The pool was wonderful and they have workouts that you can download on your ipod to use in their fitness center. Pizza places deliver and it wasn't far from downtown.
The staff is extremely friendly and the lobby has a large tv, bar and an area with a pool table and board games. The lobby is cozy and made so customers have to interact with each other. The room was very clean and even though it was a room used strickly for pets, It didn't smell of animals . If you have a pet, they provide pet bowls, pet bed, treats and a special door sign. They also have a special programs for kids too, We didn't use it but I think they get sleeping bags and some other goodies.
We will always chose this hotel now!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2009

I stayed at this hotel when I arrived into Philly late on a Weds evening in April 2009. I chose to stay at the aloft because I've heard that they're a cool new brand under the Starwood family and I wanted to give it a shot.

I thought the room was very practical and utilitarian, without frills. I liked the sliding mirrored doors in the bath and the stand-up shower. I liked that they had a cost-savings and eco option with shampoo/conditoner dispensers in the shower - this was a great idea. The bed was comfy but the room itself had a cold feeling, not temperature, but just not a lot of feeling or homey decor. I thought they could have made it a bit warmer and inviting. The check-in area and breakfast options were really cool and modern and I liked that a lot. The breakfast sandwich I had was amazing! The choices they had were great.

I thought the location was kind of blah, in that it was just on the airport pretty much. So this wouldn't be a destination hotel for families, etc, unless your destination was the airport or if you were arriving late at night like I was and wanted a more funky place to stay. I liked the efficiency of this brand and will probably try it out again in future travel.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank elh76
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2009

Pros: Very close to the airport, there was an airport shuttle two times an hour (never used it), rooms are clean, nice and new. The TVs in the room are HUGE and really nice! There was also a convenient port that you could plug in multi-types of media players which is nice for portable dvd players, game systems etc. We didn't know they had one, and would have liked to have known ahead of time. The decor is really trendy and modern.

Cons: Bathroom doors in the hotel (in the bedroom, in the lobby) all slam shut so loudly it's startling! The pillows were pretty small, like kid pillows. Paying for parking at a hotel that isn't IN the city is always a little bit disappointing. Plus we could never get in and out without some sort of a problem. Our card wouldn't swipe, etc. There was no restaurant for breakfast but you could buy snacks/hot & cold drinks.

BIGGEST PROBLEM: Kids in the fitness room. They were completely unsupervised and multiple hotel employees walked past and did not do anything. It was not even possible to use equipment since the kids were playing on it. there was even a DOG in the room at one point. It's not my place to ruin there fun but there are rules for reason. If one of the kids was to fall on the equipment that is a serious problem. When they all finally left the yoga mats/balls were all over the place, cups of water etc, no one cleaned it up for hours. I expressed my concern to the front desk but it fell on uninterested ears.

Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2009

I made reservations 2 weeks ahead of time and requested a particular room, everything was confirmed but when I checked in the room was not available and I was told "IT WAS ONLY A REQUEST", so remember don't make a request . More training is needed so people won't be so disappointed. If you are looking for a hot and trendy hotel this is it. No restaurant, no spacious rooms nor free parking but plenty of loud music. I was shocked to learn as a guest you paid for parking, a first for me... $6.00 a day, I'm glad I only stayed 2 days it could become very expensive. The highlight of my stay was the flat screen T.V. on the wall and the feel of relaxation when taking a shower.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Warwick, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2009

My husband and I stayed at the aloft for two nights. The room and the hotel was ultra modern. Everything is white, silver, and mirrored with music playing as soon as you enter the lobby and lasting until you get off the elevator.
The room was clean and a little on the small side but we were not there to hang out in the room all day. There was a small pool and fitness room and a very chic lobby bar. We had no problem with the parking and the staff was super friendly.
It was the perfect price and location for visiting the sites inside the city of Philadelphia. If you are looking for a luxurious 5 star resort with gourmet food than this is not the place for you... but if you are looking for something new and hip the aloft is definitely worth checking out. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philadelphia
Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport

Been to aloft Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!