“Great Burger”

Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: City Center West
Description: Smiths restaurant & bar provides the Rittenhouse Square neighborhood with a unique yet simple combination: delicious food, friendly and fun staff, and a welcoming atmosphere. Smiths is an upscale sports bar yet unpretentious and comfortable.
DC
“Great Burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2011

Went here for a lunch while visiting a business for a meeting. Place was basically a large bar. One bar when you walk in with several tables and then you step down into a another bar area that was bigger but had more tables. Service was good but the waitress who brought out the food was not very knowledgeable about how the food was prepared. My co-worker ordered the crabcake sandwich and when it came out he asked how was cooked baked or fried? Server said i don't know but i can go ask. Another server compared their french fries to mcdonalds. Not sure if a place should do that. Ordered a burger that was very good and cooked just like i ordered. The fries looked like Mcdonalds fries but i think these were much better. According to my co-worker the crabcake sandwich was ok, but he finished it. It is flashfried and then baked. appetizer was some soft pretzel sticks that came with a horseradish Aiole sauce. only 5 bucks and very tasty.

• Visited January 2011

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Sports Bar with Great Bar Menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2010

I have visited Smiths numerous times since they opened several years ago for both lunch and dinner. Smiths is an upscale sports bar in Philadelphia with a gastro-pub type menu. They have excellent flat-bread pizzas, sandwiches and grilled wings. They also have daily drink/food specials, although I don't ususally partake in these when visiting. Whenever meeting with friends to watch a game, we more often than not head to Smiths. Be warned though, during big sports events the bar can get very crowded.

Philadelphia
“Stay Far Away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2008

This place is absolutely terrible, looks nice from the outside. Food is good but very very very overpriced and the portions are very small. Not to mention once I asked for a salad instead of fries, got the fries, but because of the slow service I didn't say anything. The next time I got a salad and loved it but then when I asked for the same salad I got a completely different salad. The bartenders are very slow and completely incompetent. They have daily specials advertised but when you ask for them you are told "oh that's wrong" and we "have to change that." When I mentioned that I thought something was wrong with my check the bartender gave me an incredibly rude look. I do not recommend this place to anyone, it seems the owners and the staff are very young and inexperienced in restaurant dealings compared to any other place I have been to in the city.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best burger in Philly by...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2008

Best burger in Philly by far.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook