Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
Sleep Inn Center City(Philadelphia)
  • Room Service
3,458 results
All reviewsconvention centeracross the streetthe reading terminal marketheadhouse towergreat locationthe concierge loungecity halllarge hotelhard rock cafevalet parkingmarket streetwithin walking distanceattending a conferenceliberty belllobby barper dayflower show
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My family of four recently stayed at this hotel for a gymnastics meet being held at the convention center. The staff at the hotel, beginning with the valet, were excellent. The valet was helpful and took the time to answer some of our questions about the area. The check in was very smooth, We arrived 5 1/2 before check-in and the staff very happily accomodated our request for an early check-in. The room was very comfortable and a nice size. We were put in a corner room which appears to be a foot or two larger then the other rooms. We did not have a mini-fridge in our room and the water pressure in the sink left something to be desired, but small points in the grand scheme of things. There is a work out room and a pool. They seemed like they were adequate, but as I said, we were there for a gymnastics meet. There were literally a hundred girls screaming and splashing around (my daughter being one of them). A review of those facilities would be unfair, at best. The most disappointing part of our stay was calling housekeeping for extra towels. We were told they would be delivered within a half hour. The towels never arrived. We chose the valet parking and had the $46.00 added to our bill. Although we did not need this, the advantage of valet parking over the garage across the street is the ability to get your car whenever you would like. Although check out is at 12:00, you may keep your car in the valet garage until 5:00pm on the day you check out. On the topic of checking out, it was clea that we were not going to be done with our business (gymnastics) until after 12:00 on our check out day. At 11:00am, I called the hotel and asked for a late check out. They inquired how long I would need and were happy to extend my stay until 1:00pm without charge.

The location is very good for any events in the convention center as well as Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell. The Marriott has a connecting catwalk to the building across 12th Street. From the catwalk, you can access the convention center as well as the Hard Rock Cafe and a mall. Reading Market is crossing the street outside. We were unable to explore Reading Terminal Market during our stay. We headed over for dinner at 6:30 on Saturday night. We found that the Market closes at 6:00pm most days. The mall and food court close at 7:00pm. Independence Hall is very walkable. It took us about 15 minutes with the smaller members of our family.

We would recommend this hotel to friends and may have the opportunity to stay there again next year around this time!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are slightly larger and have more windows 12th street tower and the headhouse tower are closer to the convention center entrance
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank vickier1
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Location is great for the convention center, Reading Terminal, downtown area. But the rooms are dated, with double beds instead of queens. Wifi NOT included, but available for a significant charge. Go for the location, not the rooms...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We arrived at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown at 12:30pm on the Sunday of President's day weekend and were expecting to have to wait around for check-in which is usually at 4pm. I thought it couldn't hurt to ask for an early check-in, and it worked! We were given a VERY nice, clean room on the 17th floor with a king size bed. Thanks to the very nice concierge, we were able to watch the Knicks vs. Mavs before headning out to explore! :D

This hotel is right across the street from the Reading Terminal market which was awesome! We frequented this place for lunch/breakfast the next morning since we were only there for a day - but had we been there longer, we probably would have gone there more. TONS of good food, fresh produce and other goodies. The hotel is also next to Hard Rock Cafe where we had dinner.

We walked the 6 blocks to Independence Hall and Liberty Bell - very good, historical experience.

All in all - we would definitely stay at this hotel again if in the area for any reason. We were really happy with the experience here!

Pros:
- Early Check In (at 12:30!)
- Clean room (not just a little clean, MY kind of clean! - also checked for any bugs, NONE found!)
- Fast Elevators
- Very courteous concierge
- Right next to Reading Terminal Market
- Walking distance to Independence Hall (brisk 10-15 mn walk)

Cons:
- SUPER expensive parking! $45.00+ tax (we parked at 5-star parking RIGHT next door for $36 in an open lot and saved $10)

Room Tip: - Higher floors are quieter, we were on the 17th floor and had a GREAT night sleep and heard no neighbor noise at all! (And I have sensitive ears)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Love2Travel1027
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Did a Sat. night stay, got a great prepaid Marriott Rewards Members rate directly thru Marriott website. The hotel is huge, modern, clean and at a perfect downtown location. When Marriott emails Rewards Members virtual concierge reminders for upcoming stays, I requested a room in the adjacent Headhouse Tower based on other TA reviews. Staff was friendly at check in, and we were informed that we had received a room in Tower. You take an escalator up 1 level and then walk across a catwalk. King room was HUGE, and according to the Marriott maintenance people working on my floor was twice the size of a king room in the regular building. Everything in Tower was brand new, even the hallway carpet smelled new. Room was spotless, 15 foot ceilings with a separate living room area with sofa, chairs and coffee table. Bed and bathroom were both great.

Plenty of good restaurants in area (stay away from the chains and try Marmont Steakhouse), and one of the parking valet guys even told us what street to walk down for our dinner reservation, since he thought it was safer. Everyone on TA says parking is way too expensive, go to centralparking.com and print out coupon. Garage 2 blocks from Marriott (up the street from Loews Hotel) was only $5 for overnight weekend valet parking with coupon.

I will stay here again in future.

Room Tip: Headhouse Tower Room for the extra space.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank itbetterbeclean
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I will spare you the normal details. The good - the hotel is in a great location to walk everywhere, there are always cabs lined up in front of the hotel, its very close to the Avenue of the Arts, across the street from the Reading Terminal Market, there are several tour services located on the corner, its around the corner from Chinatown, and there is a 24-hour market across the street. The hotel has a bar restaurant and a coffee shop (free internet). The hotel staff was great and helpful. The bad - parking is outrageous. There is a parking garage across he street that I would have looked into if I would have drove (I took the train). The hotel charges for daily internet which I always hate. If I'm staying in a $44 a night hotel i expect that they need ways to generate additional revenue but I didn't expect this hotel to change me $12 a day for what amounts to me online for an hour or two.

Overall not much to complain about. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple