Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown(Philadelphia)
US$232
US$207
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$213
Loews Hotels
US$220
3,462 results
All reviewsconvention centeracross the streetthe reading terminal marketheadhouse towergreat locationthe concierge loungecity halllarge hotelhard rock cafevalet parkingmarket streetwithin walking distanceattending a conferenceliberty belllobby barper dayflower show
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I was really impressed with this hotel. It is located in the heart of downtown Philadelphia and numerous attractions are within walking distance or a short ride. I used the train to get to/from the airport, which was a money saving (yet unglamorous) way to travel - the station is just 1 block away.

My room was on the 19th floor and was very quiet. The only thing I heard was an occasional door closing. Bed was comfortable, room was clean, the A/C worked great on a hot. humid week, great TV, internet access, and the shower had plenty of hot water. I just wish there was a fan in the bathroom.

We attended a conference on site and found the wait staff very attentive and helpful. When checking out it was a bit crowded and I notice two more people jumped it to help at the check-in desk. That was a nice show of service.

The lobby is pretty noisy but I didn't spend much time there. Also, the pool is rather small, but it's not the main focus of the hotel. Overall any complaints were minor so I'll rate this hotel as 5 stars.

Room Tip: The upper floor are better - far from the noisy streets of Philadelphia.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Booked 2 nights through Priceline over Memorial Day weekend. The stay couldn't be any better. I was last in Philly about three years ago, and stayed at the same hotel. The rooms seem to have been updated since then.

As before the location is excellent, you could walk almost everywhere in Center City from the hotel.

The room is clean and beds comfortable. And the AC worked wonderfully, was there during the first heatwave of the summer, and it was so nice to be able to turn the AC full blast.

The only possible comment is this hotel is huge, so there is always crowd in the lobby, and with all the convention visitors, it's always buzzing.

Would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We stayed here two nights over the Labor Day holiday. The room was clean and with a family of four (12 and 16 year olds) the room was a nice size. Very convenient to area attractions. The tour bus even has a stop at the back of the hotel. We felt very safe in the area. The only bad thing about the hotel is the price for parking ($45 a night) but it seems like the going rate in that area. Would 100% stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Nice hotel, fairly updated rooms but extremely noisy- could hear people talking in the halls and was woken up by housekeeping .The bed was uncomfortable. Lobby was crowded and chaoctic but front desk staff was nice and helpful. Location was great. In walking distance to liberty bell, art museum, etc. I would stay here again if the rate was right.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Our first impression upon arrival? Courteous and friendly! We were immediately greeted by the valet who made us feel welcome. Check-in was a snap. The front desk clerk was very personable and efficient,. She pointing us in the direction of the escalator that would take us to the covered walkway leading to the convention center side of the hotel. Another staff member, who was headed in that direction, graciously offered to lead the way. Apples at check-in were a nice touch too.

The first things I noticed were the beautiful high ceiling and the spotless carpet in the very wide hallway. Our room was lovely, decorated with dark wood furniture and a king sized bed. The bedding was crisp and bright white. The pillows were not to my liking. They were very small, not even standard size, and too soft. Odd they wouldn't have king size pillows on a king size bed. The bathroom was very clean and much larger than most hotels offer. There were plenty of fluffy towels and the Orange Ginger Aromatherapy toiletries from Bath & Body Works smelled heavenly. My one other complaint, the hair dryer. It was the small travel size with low wattage and not much power. Next time I will bring my own pillows and pack my own hair dryer.

The hotel is located next door to the Reading Terminal Market and within walking distance of City Hall, shopping and restaurants. Getting to the street from our room on the 7th floor was easy by taking the elevator to the convention level then using the doors on the Market Street side of the Convention Center. Taxis passed the corner often making it easy to hail a cab.

There was a noise issue during the night coming from the room next door. It was immediately handle and quiet was restored. The next day the hotel manager didn't hesitate to offer an apology and he gave us an incentive for a future stay. I am already planning a return trip to the City of Brotherly Love in October and will definitely stay at the Downtown Marriott.

Room Tip: The front desk clerk recommended a room on the Convention Center side of the hotel. She said those rooms are larger and more quiet. We found this to be true and very convenient went exiting and entering the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple