“Nice hotel for the price”

Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
Ranked #41 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here over a weekend for a business meeting. The meeting was at a different MUCH more expensive hotel and I'm not sad I didn't pay the extra. This hotel has a good location. It is clean and paid a great price for it.

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this site for work and was disappointed considering the brand. The window in my bedroom was so small it reminded me of steerage class on a cruise ship. The room should have been cleaner (e.g. marks on walls, hair in bathtub that wasn't mine). Finally, the air conditioning throughout the hotel was set very high. I eventually took to wearing a sweatshirt to my meetings.

Stayed: August 2014
Randy A, Manager at Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay and the friendliness of our staff. We are sorry to hear that your experience in one of the rooms in the Head House, an historic building that was originally the corporate headquarters for the Reading Railroad, was no up to your expectations. Additionally we are sorry to hear that the air conditioning was a bit on the cool side for you. We appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Just stayed five nights for a convention. Great location for the convention center. Across the street from the Terminal with all of its really great food outlets. Hotel is basic convention quality. Really nothing special otherwise. Only one restaurant. Concierge Lounge not open on weekends and this hotel is one of the few Marriott properties that does not give Gold and Platinum members free breakfast when lounge is closed. It is true that the Marriott Rewards fine print identifies this but Marriott should notify customers with elite status when they make a reservation that this is the case. The hotel web site does not say this. Rooms are basic but clean. All of staff were very nice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank boyerbuckets

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay, the hotel’s great location and the friendliness of our staff. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused as a result of our hotel being one of the few Marriott’s which does not open the Concierge Lounge on weekends. Your feedback is vital in our continued effort to improve our guests’ overall experience and will be shared with the appropriate decision makers for future consideration. We appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Just got back from 2 nights in Philly. We had a great visit (to a great city!) and could not have been happier with the hotel. I got a great rate on another site, so factor that in, but I have to say I was impressed with the service and efficiency in such a large and busy hotel. Staff is very friendly! We didn't really use any of the hotel services, just slept there, but it was clean (room was renovated) comfortable, and in the perfect location. Every morning I walked across the street and got the BEST DOUGHNUTS IN THE WORLD for breakfast. The Reading Terminal Market is a food Mecca, and this Marriott is about 25 yards away. It was a really pleasant stay, and I would definitely look to stay at this Marriott again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gzimmer1
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed staying at the Marriott. It was centrally located in Philadelphia and made walking anywhere very easy. My room was also very nice and clean. I have a couple of caveats. One, Wifi is not complimentary in rooms. This was a major pain as I was in Philly for a conference. Two, you need your room key to get anywhere. I understand that this is to curtail non-guests from using the facilities, but it was a pain.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank MeghanAnnRose
Reviewed 6 August 2014

So, I will start with the positive points about this hotel. The staff couldn't be nicer. The location is great. And they provide you with fresh apples at the front desk. Now for the downsides. The AC constantly blew cold air. It was freezing in the room. You couldn't turn it off or regulate it. I tried. That said, the workout center was SO HOT. It really needed some more cold air (I tried to figure out how to redirect all the cold air from my room to the gym :-s). The internet was really spotty. We had a clock radio in the room that just delivered static. So, in short, while not a bad bet, this place really needs an update!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GroteAppel
Randy A, Manager at Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay, our great location, and how helpful you found our staff to be. I would like to apologize for the spotty internet service and inconsistent air conditioning throughout the building. Your feedback is important and will be used in our pursuit to continuously improve or services. We appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Nice location, perfect size rooms, Starbucks within the hotel premises, high speed internet and good size desk for work. Liked the medium hard mattress on the bed.
I have stayed here 3 times and expecting to come back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business