Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$241
US$404
  • Room Service
3,458 results
All reviewsconvention centeracross the streetthe reading terminal marketheadhouse towergreat locationthe concierge loungecity halllarge hotelhard rock cafevalet parkingmarket streetwithin walking distanceattending a conferenceliberty belllobby barper dayflower show
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 February 2010

We stayed here to break up our journey to New Orleans in October 2009.
The hotel is very well located with easy access to most of the attractions. The rooms are very comfortable and the staff are some of the friendliest and most helpful we've experienced in USA.
Would definatley stay here again and would recommend without a hesitation!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2010

Aside from long lines at the in-house Starbucks, it had an in-house Starbucks! Centrally located: attached to convention center, 1 block from Reading Terminal Market, 2 blocks from Chinatown, 3 blocks from shopping district. Great service.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2010

We traveled to the downtown marriott in April of 2009 with a large group of people for the irish dancing world championships.
The good:
Large spacious lobby with staff readily avaliable to take your cases straight to your room.
Starbucks is part of the lobby area.
Security on all door throughout the night.
Friendly maid service everyday ( even if they do wake you up at 7am to clean your room)
Big comfortable beds
Spacious rooms
Good view of Philadelphia from most rooms.
Clean towels everyday
Room service (every expensive...$20 for a small pizza)

The Bad
we had booked a room for three people and were only given a room with a double bed, this took a number of hours to resolve and in the endwe were given a fold up bed to be put in the room which ment most of the space we had was taken up.
We were put on the top floor of the hotel where there was a rat spotted running from the lift, upon telling reception they said "ah yes that ra,has nobody dealt with it yet"
EXPENSIVE resturant with very little choice.(Italian over the road is VERY good!!)
Staff aren't overly friendly/helpful
Swimming pool is clean but in need of a few repairs.
Hotel didnt take too kindly to children, with this hotel being the base camp to dancing competition they should have been a little more accomadating!

This is a lovely hotel, just not all its made out to be. Once inside its quiet expensive with lots of hidden extras.
If out and about in philadelphia, watch your personal belongings!!

• Stayed: April 2009
1  Thank K_R90
Reviewed 7 January 2010

We flew into Philadelphia en route to Las Vegas on Sat 19 December, and a scheduled 2 hour layover turned into 2 days - thanks to 22+ inches of snow.

As soon as it became clear we were going nowhere on the Saturday afternoon, our search for a hotel started with the airport Marriott. With no rooms available there, we managed to get into the downtown Marriott and after a slow, snowy train journey arrived at Market East station, just a block away from the hotel.

Check-in was very efficient (not surprisingly there were a good dozen or more similarly stranded passengers arriving at the same time), and our room clean and comfortable. A refurbisnment is probably due, but no complaints and, as ever, a comfortable Marriott bed.

The 24/7 7-eleven right across the street was a godsend as a combination of jetlag and trying to rearrange flights led to an early start (4.30) the next day. With no hope of escape we rebooked for the Sunday, and the hotel proved an excellent location from which to explore dowtown Philadelphia.

Food options were somewhat limited, as the blizzard compromised staffing levels at the hotel and elsewhere (many restaurants remained closed). On the Monday morning, breakfast buffet was unavailable for this reason, and we had the cooked breakfast - a good call, and one of the better breakfasts I have had in the US.

Facilities were good for a city centre hotel, with a pool (somewhat bizzarely on the 7th floor) and gym. There is an in-hotel sundries shop, adjacent Kinko's and Starbucks, and Macy's is just 100 yards away.

With its proximity to the Reading Terminal market and rail station (though we caught a cab back to the airport - flat-rate a reasonable $28.50), I would certainly choose to stay here again if visiting Philadelphia, and we were quite pleased in the end that we had not been able to get in at the airport hotel.

Hotel staff were friendly and efficient throughout, and the service much appreciated - I can't imagine their journeys to and from work were much fun that weekend.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2009

I slept in the bathtub the last day I was there. The first day I got in and the room was nice enough, but the next morning, I had two bites on my arm. Red welts the size of nickels. Then the next night, I had 18! Now I am back home and I have 30! They were sympathetic and didn't charge me, but COME ON people. I have thrown away almost all of my luggage and clothes, even my shoes. If I stay at hotels like this, I will be out on the streets like a leper, or better yet, that guy from the Bible, Lazarus, covered with sores. HORRIBLE, SUPERLATIVE nightmare of a stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business