I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I booked on a whim (literally Saturday morning to stay that night) for a super reasonable rate and I figured it would at least be a decent place to shower and catch a nap after the On The Run concert.
I arrived and was hoping for an early check-in (it was about 1:45) but they were booked and I was initially told I would have to wait until at least 3 if not later. The gentleman at the counter was very gracious and offered a multitude of options for me in the interim (hang out at the pool, their business center, offered snacks, etc.). I felt like they truly wanted to accommodate me. The supervisor of housekeeping ( I think that's his role, I wish I caught his name) overheard my ordeal and promised to see what he could do to get me in a room soon. I decided to step out and run some errands but sure enough, at 2:20 I received a call that they had a room for me!
The weekend only served to surpass my expectations from there. The front desk staff were extremely helpful and very patient with everyone checking in (literally everyone checking in around the time I did was there for this concert). Check-In/Check-Out were quick and painless thanks to Josh and Keith (again, I'm terrible with names and can't remember which one helped when but EVERYONE at the hotel was amazing). I left early Sunday morning but when I hit the lobby it was buzzing with folks enjoying the breakfast so I imagine that is a major plus to staying here.
Another poster complained of dated rooms and thin walls allowing you to hear everything. I have to respectfully disagree. As I've mentioned several times, I was here for a concert and clearly the folks next to me were as well. Several folks were getting in the spirit with their personal soundtracks that you could hear as you walked down the hall, however once I hit my room I could hear little more than a muffled melody from the room next door. In regards to the amenities, this is another area where I was pleasantly surprised. I'd estimate the hotel has been updated at least within the past 5-6 years. There were the usual indications of wear and tear (chipped headboard, signs of repainting) but I think that's par for the course in many hotels.
I have stayed in hotels in Center City (for much more per night) and haven't received the level of customer service I received at Hampton Inn. It doesn't take much to ensure a pleasant experience for customers and they got it right. I will definitely be making this my 'go-to' hotel when I visit Philly, for the price you really can't beat it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport hotel welcomes you to Philadelphia with a free 24-hour airport shuttle and friendly service. Situated off Interstate 95, only .5 miles from Philadelphia International Airport, our Philadelphia Airport hotel offers easy highway access to downtown Philadelphia and Wilmington, Delaware. Explore the downtown Philadelphia historic district. See the Liberty Bell, tour Independence Hall and the Betsy Ross House, and stroll Elfreth's Alley, the oldest street in the US. Try a famous Philly cheesesteak or enjoy international cuisine offered in Reading Terminal Market. Visit the National Constitution Center to learn about the US Constitution. Spend a day viewing exhibits in the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the Rodin Museum and the Franklin Institute. The popular statue of Rocky Balboa is also in the museum district. Cheer the Philadelphia Eagles football team at Lincoln Financial Field, two miles from our Philadelphia hotel. Comcast Center, the University of Pennsylvania, and many other corporations and universities are minutes away. Appreciate the location and amenities at our hotel by Philadelphia Airport. Reserve one of our 151 guest rooms featuring king-sized or double beds. For additional space and seating, select a room with a sofa bed. Connect to free high-speed internet access. Get some work done at the desk or set up your laptop on the convenient lap desk. Watch your favorite cable channels on the flat-screen HDTV. Wake up every morning to Hampton's free hot breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo and Hilton Hotels Direct so you can book your Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia International Airport Hotel Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Airport