“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
New York City, New York
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I booked on a whim (literally Saturday morning to stay that night) for a super reasonable rate and I figured it would at least be a decent place to shower and catch a nap after the On The Run concert.

I arrived and was hoping for an early check-in (it was about 1:45) but they were booked and I was initially told I would have to wait until at least 3 if not later. The gentleman at the counter was very gracious and offered a multitude of options for me in the interim (hang out at the pool, their business center, offered snacks, etc.). I felt like they truly wanted to accommodate me. The supervisor of housekeeping ( I think that's his role, I wish I caught his name) overheard my ordeal and promised to see what he could do to get me in a room soon. I decided to step out and run some errands but sure enough, at 2:20 I received a call that they had a room for me!

The weekend only served to surpass my expectations from there. The front desk staff were extremely helpful and very patient with everyone checking in (literally everyone checking in around the time I did was there for this concert). Check-In/Check-Out were quick and painless thanks to Josh and Keith (again, I'm terrible with names and can't remember which one helped when but EVERYONE at the hotel was amazing). I left early Sunday morning but when I hit the lobby it was buzzing with folks enjoying the breakfast so I imagine that is a major plus to staying here.

Another poster complained of dated rooms and thin walls allowing you to hear everything. I have to respectfully disagree. As I've mentioned several times, I was here for a concert and clearly the folks next to me were as well. Several folks were getting in the spirit with their personal soundtracks that you could hear as you walked down the hall, however once I hit my room I could hear little more than a muffled melody from the room next door. In regards to the amenities, this is another area where I was pleasantly surprised. I'd estimate the hotel has been updated at least within the past 5-6 years. There were the usual indications of wear and tear (chipped headboard, signs of repainting) but I think that's par for the course in many hotels.

I have stayed in hotels in Center City (for much more per night) and haven't received the level of customer service I received at Hampton Inn. It doesn't take much to ensure a pleasant experience for customers and they got it right. I will definitely be making this my 'go-to' hotel when I visit Philly, for the price you really can't beat it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators--other reviews have indicated that's a pain point. My roo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hampton Inn -GM H, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for your response and feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Airport. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to serve you again soon if your travels should bring you back to Philadelphia.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I stay in the 4th of July weekend to enjoy the festivities downtown Philadelphia on Ben Franklin Parkway and On the Run tour Beyonce and husband jay-z it was a wonderful stay and was close to both locations the staff was wonderful friendly courteous. Keith was 100% satisfactory with his services and kind gestures made my stay very pleasant. He help me with the early check in and even allowed me to change my room moments after getting there for a room with a better view he did not hesitate nor did he give attitude. He said not a problem and it was done.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hampton Inn -GM H, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for your kind response and feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Airport. We look forward to serving you again soon if your travels should bring you back to Philadelphia.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

The shuttle service is wonderful. Very courteous drivers and very efficient getting to and from airport. We have stayed in the past but probably won't return for our next trip due to the issue of the guests in the room next door who were extremely loud and had no consideration for other guests. The noise went on from 11pm to 3am and we were actually afraid to call front desk for fear they would hear us since it was a joining room. The front desk clerk at check out apologized for the issue. We had an early flight so didn't get much sleep but the shuttle service is wonderful.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hampton Inn -GM H, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for your recent response and feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Airport. I apologize for any inconvenience that you may have had throughout your stay. We hope to serve you again soon, if your travels should bring you back to Philadelphia.

Sewell, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Upon arrival, receptionist was warm and friendly and helpful. Room and bathroom were spacious and clean. Air conditioning unit was very noisy, so didn't sleep very well. Upon departure, receptionist wasn't like arrival. But, would definitely stay here again. Having the closeness to the airport was great.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton Inn -GM H, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Thank you for your response and feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Hampton inn Philadelphia airport. I personally apologize for any inconvenience you may have had during your stay. We hope to serve you again soon if your travels should bring you back to Philadelphia.

Director of sales
Milford, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Everything was outstanding but the shuttle service was excellent. The drive was very nice and went out of his way to return us to our car which was parked at the ParkNJet lot. He was off duty at the time but said the other driver did not know where ParkNJet was, so he volunteered to take us there. He then instructed us on how to get on I95 south for our way home.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton Inn -GM H, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your kind response and feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Airport. We hope to serve you again soon if your travels should bring you back to Philadelphia.

Southern New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night in late May before flying out to Las Vegas the next day. We paid for the stay and park option and were very pleased with everything. Our room was large, bright and clean, the morning breakfast offered a large variety and in the lobby there is a large screen TV listing all of the incoming and departing flights at the airport which is very convenient. The free shuttle departs often and the drivers are friendly. We returned in the wee hours of the morning and the driver met us at the airport in less then fifteen minutes, when we arrived at our car he stayed to make sure we got started.
Monique and Brian were exceptionally helpful at the front desk. We will be staying here each time we travel from the Philadelphia Airport, I highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hampton Inn -GM H, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport, responded to this review, 26 June 2014

greenville,pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a top notch motel and as soon as you enter it you can feel this.Everything is neat and in place. I will stay here again and am looking forward to it Next time I will use the swimming pool it lookd good but did not have the time with my classes,but next time for sure..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Dale W

Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philadelphia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
aloft Philadelphia Airport
aloft Philadelphia Airport
#57 of 85 in Philadelphia
Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport? Share your experiences!