“Good place, moved our room when neighbors were unruly”

Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #34 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
New York City, New York
“Good place, moved our room when neighbors were unruly”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We have stayed here several times and its always good. Hotel generally clean, nice decor, everything always works, staff is nice, location is extremely convenient (for us anyway).

Most recently our neighbors were being completely ridiculous having a gigantic party in the room next to us and it was terribly noisey. We went downstairs to complain and before we even finished the sentance "do you mind moving our room" the guy was putting our new room keys in front of us. We even got upgraded to a better room.

I feel like people who read this one tripadvisor are like me, i go on vacation, i pay my $, and i just want simple good service, no hassle, and thats exactly what i got, no big deal. We will probably stay at this double tree every time in phily from now on.

Room Tip: honestly i dont think there is any special trick, its all good
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SkiMonsterNYC
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
Dear SkiMonsterNYC,

I do apologize for the inconvenience you had experienced during your recent stay, but very relieved that the resolution was quick and exactly what you needed and an upgrade is always nice!

Looking forward to having you as our guest at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City next time you are in town.

Bill Fitzgerald

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I recently had a very positive experience at this Doubletree location. Nice amenities, clean and tastefully decorated room, and the location, right in the heart of the arts district, can't be beat. The service was friendly yet professional on every level. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who's looking for a quiet comfy place to stay in Center City Philadelphia!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank FillyFan
Dear FillyFan,

I was pleased to learn of your positive experience you had with us, from the rooms to our location!
I do hope that you return and stay with us again at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Greenville, SC
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I recently stayed here for business and the service was maybe the best I have ever had. I asked a bartender for a few restaurants that were close by and the next thing I know another staff member has brought me a list of all restaurants in the area. My co-worker and I had to leave at 5:30 in the morning and she was in the lobby waiting at 5:15. There was nothing open and only a few staff members on duty. One of them approached her and asked is she wanted a cup of coffee. I am not sure where he went to get it but had one for her in several minutes. I mentioned to the staff behind the desk at 5:30 in the morning that I needed a bottle of water. Since nothing was open, the staff member gave me her personal bottle that she had not opened. There were to so many little things that the staff did that were just nice and when you look back on the experience you realize that it added up to pretty phenomenal service.

1 Thank MelbaGreenville_SC
Dear MelbaGreenvill_sc,
This is a review that makes me so proud of my Staff! Thank you for mentioning the little things that seemed to make your stay with us so wonderful.

I will be sure to share your review with everyone!

I hope the next time you and your co-worker are in Philadelphia that you stay with us again.

Phoenix,AZ
Reviewed 16 July 2011

This hotel is outdated, and more importantly the staff needs to be concerned to guest's requests. Front desk not helpful at all. We are Hilton Diamond and were not put into an upgrade room because one was not available at check in. Four floors of honors rooms and there was not one upgrade???? Nor was I offered an upgrade room during the remainder of my stay. NO COOKIES!! Executive lounge too small, and provided the poorest selection of food I have ever seen in a Hilton lounge. Twice requested someone to clean the room in the AM so I could work. No one showed up until late in the afternoon. Service in the downstairs bar/restaurant was slow and inefficient.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
Dear Cacheville,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I. While we do make constant improvements to our hotel (new lobby and chandelier with in the past year and the guest rooms were remodeled just over two years ago) I was disheartened to learn they were not to your liking.

I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate departments, specifically the Front Desk and Housekeeping, so they can share the experience you had. The service you received is not the level of service we expect from our employees and I want to be sure that no other guests leave feeling the same way.

Should your travels be business or leisure bring you back to Philadelphia I would be most pleased if you would consider staying with us again.

Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 July 2011

The Doubletree Hotel Philadelphia was an overall great experience for us. We loved being in the center of downtown area and could walk to just about every location we visited. The rooms were clean and the hotel staff was very friendly. Nice pool too!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank djjmcee
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 13 July 2011
Dear djjmcee,

I hope you and your family enjoyed your time in town and getting to walk to a many attractions must have been great! I will forward on your praises on the cleanliness of the room and your enjoyment of the pool!

Enjoy the rest of your summer and I hope to see you again at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel as it was the designated hotel for a conference. The location is good and central to most tourist attractions, restaurants and shopping.

Breakfast service was poor, rooms tired, concierge less than helpful. laundry service poor - suggest you try elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank MJT195600
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 5 July 2011
Dear MJT95600,
Thank you for taking the time to post a reivew of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

I was disappointed to learn of your unimpressed stay with us. I will be addressing your concerns with the appropriate departments.

Should you ever find yourself in Philadelphia I would hope that you will give us another chance.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2011

The entire stay was an experience in exceptionalism. Every single Hilton team member on the property was professional, courteous, and helpful. My stay was related to an International technology conference, so the hotel was filled to capacity. Regardless, service remained impeccable. To further express my total satisfaction with this experience, I found myself thinking—as I approached the DoubleTree entrance after a long day at the conference center—“it’s good to be home.” Congratulations to the Hilton brand for pulling together such an effective team..

2 Thank jan00111
Dear jan00111,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.
We are trying everyday to make our guests feel like they are at home! From the warm chocolate chip cookie to our smiling faces. We know traveling is never easy and we want you to feel rest and refreshed.
Next time you are in Philadelphia we hope to see you again.