“Average hotel in good location”

Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #36 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Doubletree City Center in mid-July 2011. We were in town for the U2 concert. I'm a Hilton Diamond member so I usually try to stay at a Hilton property. I selected this hotel due to location. It is right in the heart of the theater district and walking distance to the Old City, multiple train stations, shopping and restaurants. The hotel is older and needs to be updated. The executive lounge is only open from Monday-Thursday. You are able to get water and sodas from the executive lounge from Friday-Sunday. The front desk staff was very friendly and allowed us to get multiple cookies which was great. The restaurant staff on the 2nd floor was slow and not very responsive. We ate breakfast on the 2nd floor during the stay. The food was so-so and they required you to pay extra if you wanted the hot breakfast option. Some Doubletree hotels I have stayed at did not require this due to being a Diamond member. The parking is $25/day which is quite steep. The room was average and outdated. The room was clean. We stayed on the 24th floor and it was quiet. I recommend this hotel for its location. That is primary reason we stayed at this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank u2fan56
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2011

Dear U2fan56,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I hope that you had enjoyed the concert.

I was disappointed that you felt our hotel was outdated. We are constantly upgrading and making improvements to the hotel-both the lobby and public spaces. We had completed a total room renovation back in May of 2009 our lobby (along with the amazing chandelier) was completed during the current year and our second floor lobby was refurbished this past April. We also have many more improvements coming our way in the next year. I would hope that when you return to Philadelphia you will come back to see them.

I am sorry to have learned that your stay was only so-so. I will be taking your comments (both positive and negative) and forwarding them to the various departments you had mentioned-Front Desk, Housekeeping and Restaurant.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post a review and hope that if you do return to Philadelphia for another concert you will chose to stay with us.

Bill Fitzgerald

Write a ReviewReviews (3,530)

Reviewed 24 July 2011

We have stayed here several times and its always good. Hotel generally clean, nice decor, everything always works, staff is nice, location is extremely convenient (for us anyway).

Most recently our neighbors were being completely ridiculous having a gigantic party in the room next to us and it was terribly noisey. We went downstairs to complain and before we even finished the sentance "do you mind moving our room" the guy was putting our new room keys in front of us. We even got upgraded to a better room.

I feel like people who read this one tripadvisor are like me, i go on vacation, i pay my $, and i just want simple good service, no hassle, and thats exactly what i got, no big deal. We will probably stay at this double tree every time in phily from now on.

Room Tip: honestly i dont think there is any special trick, its all good
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SkiMonsterNYC
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2011

Dear SkiMonsterNYC,

I do apologize for the inconvenience you had experienced during your recent stay, but very relieved that the resolution was quick and exactly what you needed and an upgrade is always nice!

Looking forward to having you as our guest at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City next time you are in town.

Reviewed 23 July 2011

I recently had a very positive experience at this Doubletree location. Nice amenities, clean and tastefully decorated room, and the location, right in the heart of the arts district, can't be beat. The service was friendly yet professional on every level. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who's looking for a quiet comfy place to stay in Center City Philadelphia!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank FillyFan

Dear FillyFan,

I was pleased to learn of your positive experience you had with us, from the rooms to our location!
I do hope that you return and stay with us again at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed 22 July 2011

I recently stayed here for business and the service was maybe the best I have ever had. I asked a bartender for a few restaurants that were close by and the next thing I know another staff member has brought me a list of all restaurants in the area. My co-worker and I had to leave at 5:30 in the morning and she was in the lobby waiting at 5:15. There was nothing open and only a few staff members on duty. One of them approached her and asked is she wanted a cup of coffee. I am not sure where he went to get it but had one for her in several minutes. I mentioned to the staff behind the desk at 5:30 in the morning that I needed a bottle of water. Since nothing was open, the staff member gave me her personal bottle that she had not opened. There were to so many little things that the staff did that were just nice and when you look back on the experience you realize that it added up to pretty phenomenal service.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MelbaGreenville_SC

Dear MelbaGreenvill_sc,
This is a review that makes me so proud of my Staff! Thank you for mentioning the little things that seemed to make your stay with us so wonderful.

I will be sure to share your review with everyone!

I hope the next time you and your co-worker are in Philadelphia that you stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 July 2011

This hotel is outdated, and more importantly the staff needs to be concerned to guest's requests. Front desk not helpful at all. We are Hilton Diamond and were not put into an upgrade room because one was not available at check in. Four floors of honors rooms and there was not one upgrade???? Nor was I offered an upgrade room during the remainder of my stay. NO COOKIES!! Executive lounge too small, and provided the poorest selection of food I have ever seen in a Hilton lounge. Twice requested someone to clean the room in the AM so I could work. No one showed up until late in the afternoon. Service in the downstairs bar/restaurant was slow and inefficient.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2011

Dear Cacheville,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I. While we do make constant improvements to our hotel (new lobby and chandelier with in the past year and the guest rooms were remodeled just over two years ago) I was disheartened to learn they were not to your liking.

I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate departments, specifically the Front Desk and Housekeeping, so they can share the experience you had. The service you received is not the level of service we expect from our employees and I want to be sure that no other guests leave feeling the same way.

Should your travels be business or leisure bring you back to Philadelphia I would be most pleased if you would consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 11 July 2011

The Doubletree Hotel Philadelphia was an overall great experience for us. We loved being in the center of downtown area and could walk to just about every location we visited. The rooms were clean and the hotel staff was very friendly. Nice pool too!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank djjmcee
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2011

Dear djjmcee,

I hope you and your family enjoyed your time in town and getting to walk to a many attractions must have been great! I will forward on your praises on the cleanliness of the room and your enjoyment of the pool!

Enjoy the rest of your summer and I hope to see you again at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed 2 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel as it was the designated hotel for a conference. The location is good and central to most tourist attractions, restaurants and shopping.

Breakfast service was poor, rooms tired, concierge less than helpful. laundry service poor - suggest you try elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank MJT195600
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2011

Dear MJT95600,
Thank you for taking the time to post a reivew of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

I was disappointed to learn of your unimpressed stay with us. I will be addressing your concerns with the appropriate departments.

Should you ever find yourself in Philadelphia I would hope that you will give us another chance.