Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$241
US$404
  • Room Service
3,611 results
All reviewsbroad streetdouble treegreat locationwarm cookiesthe executive loungecenter cityacademy of musickimmel centercorner roomwithin walking distanceparking garageacross the streetfront desk staffupon checkstreet noisehigh floorfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I have stayed here several times for business. The hotel is a short distance from the main business area and not far from the tourist destinations such as Liberty Bell and Independance Hall. There are loads of restaurants nearby. The rooms are nicely furnished and if you are on the upper floors nice you get nice views of the city. This is a solid hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank pmny
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Dear pmny,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stays with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I am thrilled to know that you have had so many great stays with us. Also, I am happy that you have found out location so convenient for you while you have been in Philadelphia.

My hopes are that if you return to Philadelphia for business or pleasure that you will chose to stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

We recently attended a wonderful Philadelphia Orchestra concert and decided to avoid the frenzied post-concert dash for the train station in favor of staying over. The Doubletree is so conveniently located to the Kimmel Center that you hardly have to put your coat on! The room we enjoyed was spacious with a wonderful city view. We enjoyed the comfortable beds and the wonderful breakfast in the Balcony restaurant. Our server couldn't do enough for us and the coffee was fantastic. An altogether wonderful idea for a break from daily life.

Room Tip: Even though our room was near the elevator, it wasn't a problem. Quiet hours are posted as well.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Dear deb7072,
I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I will be sure to pass along all your kind words to the various departments that helped in you having such a great time with us! I hope you also had a most enjoyable time at the Orchestra as well.

I hope that the next time you are coming back in town for a show that you decide to stay with us again at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

A return visit to the hotel, for a one night stay. Check-in was quick and efficient and the cookie excellent!
The room, an executive on the 24th Floor was clean and spacious -and just along the corridor from the executive lounge. The lounge itself was good, serving complimentary snacks and soft drinks in the evening and breakfast the following morning.
Back to my room, I experienced a noise disturbance from the lifts that were adjacent to it and a lack of ammeneties in the bathroom that I had to request from housekeeping. These items were delivered promptly.
I needed to know the location of a city store, the concierge was able to direct me there in a matter of seconds.
I would definately return to the hotel - but I would request a room away from the lift shafts!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Dear EricC01,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I was pleased to read of your pleasant stay with us and that our stay was most helpful during check in, when you needed addtional amenities and when needing directions.
I hope to see you again at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

This hotel has the best location, it is right next to subway but what we loved is it was never more than 20 min to tourist sights, and restaurants. We walked to Italian Market, We walked to Independence Hall area, We walked to Rittenhouse Square area, get the drift :-). Philly is one of the easiest walking cities we have been in, it's basically flat and a grid pattern; we never felt unsafe anywhere (just remember it's a city so basic precautions as usual).
We are Hilton Gold so we receive free internet and free cold buffet, we also usually get upgraded roomwise. This time we were given a room with a river view (19th floor); this was actually a joke since even standing on the windowsill I could barely see the top of the bridge. Our view was SE with an ugly building blocking any view; this didn't phase us but the person checking us in made it sound so nice. Our room had been updated recently but they are going for a retro-feel style but reminded me of my parents home that was built and decorated in mid-60s. Not my taste but again didn't bother us. We had a flat screen TV, Shower was good, there is no refrigerator (my only real complaint), elevators were all working and were fast (unless you got a local). There are a lot of complaints about how noisy this hotel is, we did not experience this. There is definitely street noise and sirens but we turn on the fan and it didn't bother us (a light sleeper would probably have been bothered); our neighbors were either extremely well-behaved or there really isn't an issue with noise between rooms.
The cold portion of the buffet is all we are allowed to eat as Gold Members, this was fine with us. The Buffet had the usual items of bagels, cereal, yogurt, fruit, muffins/pastries. There is a hot portion but nothing is made for you (there was a waffle maker, that I never saw anyone use).

Room Tip: The xx10 room is between the elevators, unless this room is something special (like a suite) I would not want to stay in them because of noise. The xx12 room also butts up against the elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spny84
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Dear spny83,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I am glad that you had such a great time in Philadelphia and were able to walk to so many of the sites that we are so close to.

I would like to thank you for being a Hilton Honors Gold Member and have been able to enjoy the benefits that you have earned.

My hopes are that if your travels bring you back to Philadelphia that you will come back to see us again at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

Surprising hotel in a great location. Easy access tot he Broad St. subway line, a couple blocks from the convention center and all the historic areas of downtown. Nice rooms, good valet.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Dear LouHarrison,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent excellent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I am pleased to know that you had such a wonderful stay.

We hope to see you again.