“Great Experience”

Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #34 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Our first ever stay in Doubletree and we loved it.
Wonderful location and great views ans service.

Room Tip: Higher room view of Broad Street or a back room with view of the river.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear MKxyz,

It's great to see that your first experience at a Doubletree was a great one.

Come back and see us again soon!

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City

Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our first date night since our baby was born. We were not disappointed!
We stayed on the Hilton floor since my hubby travels a lot, he is a diamond member (I never know if they treat us different so that's why I mention in my reviews.) We had an awesome high, corner room with views of the Mushulu down to the stadiums in South Philly.
Our goal was to see a phillies game, go out to dinner and hit the markets the next day. The subway is steps away from the front of the hotel so coming and going was a breeze. That night we found a great restaurant a few blocks away on 13th (Jamonera I think it was called). We followed up with some yummy gelato on the corner and headed back for the night.
The next morning a quick walk to Reading Terminal we were able to stock up on some goodies for the rest of the week. After checkout we drove to the Italian market (9th and Washington) to stock up on pasta and cheeses.
All in all we loved the staff at this hotel (VERY polite) and the location. We will definitely be visiting again soon for another date night!

Room Tip: Ask for a high room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear streake,
Congratulations! Thank for taking the time out of your, which I can only imagine, very busy day to write such a detailed review of your stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

It sounds like you really made the most of your time in the city-shopping, dining and a Phillies game! We are about as convienently located to all the places your visited as you can get.

I hope you do get some time away soon and come back for to visit the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

This is nice Double Tree with a great location in downtown Philadelphia (in the Theater district a few blocks behind City Hall). I was there for business and it was an easy walk to Market Street.

The rooms are a decent size and the bed is comfortable. The walls were a bit thin - I could hear the woman in the room next to me bust out laughing on a regular basis...... I ate breakfast in the restaurant, which is very pleasant (lots of light and windows). The buffet was ok but not good enough to recommend paying for if you don't have a voucher. There is a bar in the lobby.

I valet parked my car for $29/night. Regular parking yourself was $25.

The internet worked without any problems.

I would stay here again. I thought the staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear DES_travels_alot,

I am very happy that you had a nice stay with us (minus the laughing woman). Thank you for making mention of our staff. They all work very hard. Best in the city I would say!

I hope if your travels bring you back to this area you will stay with us again at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

hi i stayed at your hotel for 2 nights and it was clean lots of room and the pool was great,the house keeper made my stay even more comfortable,she was beryhelpfull on assisting me were to go eat and gave extra towles she was very piolite,i would love to have her as my house keeper again when i come back,i think her name was doreleen , well thanl again housekeeper mrs delanzie,

Room Tip: te hotel has a great view,and rooms
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear john d & mrs delanie,
I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I am glad that your stay with us was so wonderful. I have forwarded your post to our Director of Housekeeping so your housekeeper can get the recognition she deserves.

I hope that if your travels bring you back to Philadelphia you will stay with us again at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 teens) stayed in a room, with two double beds, at this hotel 3/12/12 - 3/14/12. The room was clean and larger than many I have been in as they are set at an angle and have a few extra feet by the window which really seems to make a difference. Beds were comfortable and the staff was quite helpful. I wouldn't say it was a luxury hotel but it was certainly a very good property. We rented bicycles and the doormen were very helpful with finding us a place to store them at night. From this location we were easily able to walk many places and were able to bicycle everywhere.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Emily F

Dear Emily F,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I was very happy to read that you had such a great stay and that our staff was very helpful during your time here. Renting bikes is another great way to see the parts of the city that just might be a little too far to walk to.

I hope to see you again soon at the Doubletree by Hilton Phialdelphia Center City.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

As a Hilton Diamond member, I really enjoyed my stay here. Great center city location. Good value, and nice touc for the diamond member. I enjoyed it and would recommend.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Djrrossi

Dear Djrrossi,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of you recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. It's great to hear that you had such a good stay with us and we look forward tto see you again.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Checkin was quick. Bell staff was very helpful and knowledgable. Room was very nice but alot of street noise. Next time I will ask for a higher floor (we were on 11th floor). Parking garage next to hotel. Our package included parking so I can not comment on the price. Pool was nice but a few cons. Floor was slick (my son slid and fell but thankfully did not bang his head. I almost went down as well). There were no towels at the pool one night. We called but after 30 min none had arrived so we had to drip out of there. Also it was a bit too dim to read a book. There was a nice deck but we did not go outside. We did not use the raquetball court. The exercise facility was small but useful. Hot tub felt good after a day of touring! Not a long walk to many attractions and it was on the Broad Street express subway line. Big Bus Tour stopped nearby for those wanting a tour (included with CityPass). Reasonable dining in the area. Nice to have Queen beds when many of the hotels downtown offer only doubles!! Nice views!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter (mostly single King beds). The ones in the front, facing Broad Street...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank unytraveler
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Dear unytraveler,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I will be sure to pass on to the Front Desk that your check in was quick and efficient. Our Bell Staff is so knowledgeable and helpful. Even working in the city for the number of years that I have I still go to them for directions and restaurant recommendations.
I appreciate your honest feedback regarding our pool and fitness center. I am sorry that no towels were available for you to dry off. We do our best to have the gym/pool area looked after to try to keep the supplies stocked and the area dry for guests.

I hope that if your travels bring you back to Philadelphia that you will stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.