“The best location and a very beautiful hotel”

Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #35 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Great hotel, can't find a better location, right in the middle of everything, can walk anywhere (at least I can). Very beautiful lobby, clean and modern room. I got "parking package" so the car was parked and everything reacheable on foot.
WiFi was free only in the lobby and breakfast was not included, that's the neagtives. But price-wise and location and the quality it was a great choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for your five star review of our property. We strive to give the best service at the best prices, and take pride in our fabulous location in downtown Philadelphia. As of now, breakfast and wi-fi are rewards that are free with our Gold and Diamond Member Hilton Honors guests only, or select packages.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,562)

Reviewed 18 September 2013

This was a great Hotel with a good location and a good price. Everything you want to see is within walking distance. They will make arrangements for you sightseeing also. Everyone was real nice. I recommend this to anyone.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the great review Richard! We appreciate you taking the time to recommend our hotel to others for our great location and value.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I arrived a little before 3 PM and still had to get over to the Convention Center to pick up my race packet. My work week had precluded me from arranging a late checkout but your front desk person was very willing and able to assist me with this allowing me the opportunity to get back from my event, shower, change and be on the road. As always, Pete (bell man) always remembers me when I arrive and inquires if I need assistance. Well Pete helped me to figure out that I could walk to the Convention Center, got me in the lobby and my car parked in the garage. He also directed me to a fabulous little Italian place for dinner (pre-race) and told me how to find the start line the next morning. All in and all it was an EXCELLENT stay...people often ask where do you stay when you travel to Philly...I normally stay at this hotel. Keep up the excellent work I am sure to be back again when my niece relocates there later this year. THANK YOU!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear Steve P.
Thank you for your fantastic review and sharing your great experience at our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that Pete could make such a difference in your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We want to thank you for being such a loyal guest, and we hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Visited to attend Philadelphia rock n roll half marathon so I picked this hotel due to discount but it turns out to be the furthest from the marathon area and the places to eat! We did try the lounge which does not offer quality cuisine for foodies like my husband and I. We were awakened repeatedly the first 2 nights by some very noisy guests, slept after midnight after calling front desk many times by many guests in the floor! The walls are so thin you can hear bedroom noises! Glasses were left unwashed! The bed is lumpy and uncomfortable compared to what we are used to at Hilton garden! The pillows small and lumpy offer no support! No fridge, no microwave makes it less convenient! I would definitely try other hotels closer to the center or on the other side of city hall loser loser to the park!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The hotel is centrally located, which is very convenient for walking Center City. The hotel staff were helpful and accommodating--even giving us extra cookies when we looked a little travel worn upon arrival. The room was on the 23rd floor and had a spectacular view. It was also quite quiet. The Temple football team was also in residence on the lower floors, but we never heard them. This was also one of the few downtown city hotel rooms that understood that when two people check into a king room, they need two of everything and some space to move. It was definitely spacious and comfortable. The parking garage was convenient but undergoing renovation, making it crowded and a bit hard to maneuver. All said, we will definitely stay here again and found it a very good value for the money. One can only wish Hilton would change its wireless policy and provide slow wireless for free, faster wireless for a fee.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pride in providing the right amenities, a great view, and the most accommodating staff to our guests. We do apologize for our appearance in the parking garage, as we undergo renovations, but we are happy to hear that it did not hinder your stay. We also understand your wireless concerns, and at this point, free Wi-Fi is a reward offered to our Hilton HHonors Gold and Diamond member guests.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We booked 2 rooms here for 1 night to celebrate my mom's birthday. The rooms are clean and spacious. The beds were very comfortable. When I made my reservation I requested one of the two rooms to have a nice view for my mother and the staff was accomodating. We had a lovely veiw of City Hall. The noon checkout was a great treat.

Room Tip: The higher floors have nicer views
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the great review. We hope you enjoyed your mother's birthday celebrations! Clean, modern and simple is a great way to describe our downtown hotel. We hope to see you again for your next celebration. Make it a party and have it in one of our great event spaces!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband and I spent a great weekend at the Doubletree in the arts/ museum district. Wonderful neighborhood restaurants within walking distance. Hotel staff very accommodating. The first room we went to had been smoked in and the front desk personnel cheerfully sent up a key for another room. It was on the top floor , corner with a great view of the skyline.

Room Tip: Top floor, corner room, great view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great review and for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay. We apologize for the inconvenience of smoke in the room, as we are a non-smoking hotel. However, we are pleased to hear that our staff was exceptional in the way they handled the situation and that your experience was not hindered by it. We hope you will stay with us again on your next weekend getaway to Philadelphia!