“November Pharma Summit”

Ranked #34 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Philadelphia, United States
“November Pharma Summit”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Great hotel; clean; great service; glad you have room service; bar was great too. Great alternative to the main hotel that was sold out for my summit, and very close proximity....just a block away. Great neighborhood restaurants/bars too close by. I am allergic to feathers/down and they made sure I was put in a Pure room too, VERY happy for those attention to details. Thanks very much!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review Amy! We definitely strive to please all of our guests and are very sensitive to any allergies or concerns we can prepare for ahead of time. Thank you for letting us know! We hope you join us again soon, as our PURE Rooms are a great solution for guests with allergies.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (546)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Wrentham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Very average at best, a bit beat up and tired and windows that let every bit of outside noise in, even when your on the 20th floor. Location is good but I will try another Hilton property next time. Honors member, no water, no breakfast, paid for internet despite a corporate booking. Not good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank PHG2008
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

what a great hotel! came here for the jt concert and got the best room in the hotel. what an amazing view. i paid an extra 20 bucks and got the executive floor.
the layout of this room was great. the bathroom is off to the side so that you do not disturb other members of your group while using the bathroom.
always love my hotel experience in philly!

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you so much for the fantastic review! We hope the JT concert was a great experience and we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to upgrade you to our beautiful executive levels. We hope to see you again soon!
Middletown, PA
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the DT a number of times over years past when my daughter was going to college in Philly and it was usually very good. This last trip was my first time back in years and I'm not sure if I'm going to return again. The hotel and front desk staff were very nice but the things that bugged me we these: I'm a honors member and I still had to pay $10 per day for internet service. Every other honors hotel that I've booked into (mostly Hampton Inn) gave me free service as part of my membership. In this day of free internet at McDonalds I think it's time that the DT Philly do the same. A glass of "house" wine at the hotel bar of $15 each! Way over priced for where it is because it's just a bar. The food in the bar/restaurant is bad too. I paid way too much for a machine stamped burger that tasted like a piece of warm rug. The breakfast the next morning in the balcony restaurant was equally as bad. Here the staff seem to have a very hard time finding a table for my wife and I when I could see at least six places to sit. The buffet breakfast which I usually don't get (but did in this case because it looked like the a la cart orders were taking forever to be served) was cold. Not just a little warm but cold. That included the scrambled eggs, sausage links, and home fries. For $17 per person it wasn't worth it. When I'm on a business trip or need a hotel with a nice bar and restaurant it's nice to find a hotel that has it all and does at least a fair job. The DT Philly falls short of that mark and so I won't be coming back anytime soon. But if I do I won't be eating or drinking there. A lot better places are on Broad St.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Robert S
KTPMurnane, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear b17057,
Thank you for the comments and we apologize that your food and beverage experience was not to your liking. All of our food is prepared fresh on site using quality ingredients. We have reviewed the temperature issue with our Executive Chef so he can ensure that all of our future guests experience a hot breakfast when they visit our buffet.
Cardiff, Wales
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The location of this hotel is spot on. All the attractions that my wife and I wished to visit were within walking distance of the hotel.

The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. We opted for the twin queen beds as being 6ft 9ins and 22 stone, I take up a lot of bed. We were on the 24th floor and staying in an executive room with views overlooking Philadelphia…beautiful. The food, drink and staff within the lounge were all of a high standard. Definitely worth paying the extra for.

The gym, as such, was dated. We used it and had a decent workout each time, but it's not the best. It did the job…

The pool was approximately 15 metres long and again, did the job. Going out onto the deck to view the city is a nice touch mind.

We mostly ate out, but on the one occasion we ate in the hotel restaurant, the food was of a very high standard and competitively priced.

Reception staff were friendly and courteous and the free cookies upon check in were stunning. The staff in the executive lounge were excellent. Candice and a gentleman we think was called Faraag were fantastic company and made us feel very welcome.

We noted from the other reviews the length of time they had to wait for the lifts…nope! We may have had to wait 2 minutes at most for a lift, but that's it. They were normally within a few seconds of calling for them.

Lovely hotel, will definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you Colin Connor for taking the time to write such a detailed review and share your stay with others. We will definitely share your gratitude with our staff, and always striving to exceed our guests expectations. The elevators/lifts are speedy now! They are upgraded and have been improved tremendously, so thank you for noticing and taking the time to set the record straight! We hope to see you again soon and we will have warm cookies waiting for you!
Newburgh, New York
Reviewed 7 November 2013

dirty pool, run down pool area, no refrigerator in room, no hotel info book in room (I've never been a hotel without one) poor plumbing ( the maintenance man came to fix the toilet, but it still didn't work properly after he left). On the up side, the staff was friendly and tried to be helpful. location was good for walking to nearby shops, restaurants and church.

Room Tip: don't plan on using the pool. bring lots of money, because everything costs extra
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lol c
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Gerat location, clean, affordable - great restaurants near by and near the fruit loop. Stay here again? Yes, I would probably stay here again in the future. I have stayed at other high end hotels - my experience here was just as good and the price was better. Thank you!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations in service and in value as we strive to do both for all of our guests. Our downtown location is perfect for all that Philly has to offer and we hope to see you on another trip to the area soon!