“Great hotel, great staff and great location”

Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #34 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Bequia
“Great hotel, great staff and great location”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My wife and I just spent two wonderful days and nights at this Center City Hotel. I can't say enough about the great stay we had. From the moment the doorman opened our taxi door to welcome us to the clerk who checked us out, every employee was so friendly and nice and helpful when we needed it.

The hotel rooms are very nice and well appointed and the location is perfect and close to everything. We went to a Phillies game one night and the Septa station is steps away and so convenient to get to the ball park. Plenty of good restaurants and bars within walking distance as well as historic landmarks. The Reading Markets is only a 5 min walk away and talk about delicious food! I highly recommend the city tour on the double decker bus..10 min walk away but it also stops right near the Doubletree for drop off/pick up.
I read a few less than favorable reviews when booking this hotel, but I just wanted to review our stay and say how perfect it was…we will be back for sure.

Room Tip: room 1606 was a good location..no elevator noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for such a great review of your recent stay. Our location is truly superb for all that downtown has to offer, and we strive to provide the best service to all of our guests. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Tarpon Springs, Florida
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

My original reservation was for 4 days, needed to extend to 11days yet the entire city was sold out. The great crew at the front desk completely hooked me up with a room for the duration, at my negotiated rate. That is the kind of service that brings you back. The rooms are nice, the breakfast buffet is better than most business hotels and the location is convenient.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Steve A-
Thank you for the great review. We are always pleased to accommodate our guests as best as possible when space allows. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed here for a concert last weekend. I had a really good experience. Check in was easy (gave us hot cookies). Upgraded to a corner room overlooking center city. Had food and drinks at Perch's pub (right next door). Would definitely stay here again. Only thing lacking was a refrigerator in the room..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for the great review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our stay. We do have a great location in the heart of downtown near shopping, restaurants, and sites, as well as convenient access to the subway stop just outside the doors of our hotel. Come back soon!
branchburg, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Very nice place to stay.People were so friendly and helpful.Clean and spacious rooms.Left our luggage with the front desk when we checked out and they stored it for us so we can tool around. wasn't nervous about any thing getting stolen and felt like it was safe there.brought it out very quick when we returned.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Darlene-
Thank you for the great review! We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
USA
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed one night and as a HHonors Gold member the full breakfast and wifi were included. The room was super clean and comfortable and the staff could not have been nicer. Location is perfect as it's right on S. Broad St. in the theater district within easy walking distance to everything, including the "gayborhood." So why not 5 stars? Well, there was no digital in-room safe in my room. I have stayed in other Doubletree properties where there were safes, but not here. With all the portable electronics travelers carry nowadays, being able to lock that stuff up in a safe in your own room is convenient and brings peace of mind. But not here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for the great review of your recent stay, and your loyalty to the Hilton Brands. We appreciate your suggestion and will definitely pass it along to the executive team for consideration. We also have a safe behind the front desk for any of your items. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is a pretty ordinary Doubletree, but it does have the advantage of being in a good center city location. Room was furnished in that familiar sort of modern-bland, and was pretty average in terms of size and wear-and-tear. Windows are designed to maximize view - which is pretty good from the upper floors. $25 self parking was also a relative bargain compared to most hotels in the area. Big downside is that we were given a room (x08) adjacent to the elevator. The rumbling along the common wall was way too noisy to be tolerable, and we didn't realize it until after returning later at night, where it would have been a hassle to change rooms.

Perhaps we got the room because we were afforded an extremely early check-in - but had we known how bad it was, we would have gladly waited for another room to open up. We won't know for sure, because the attempt to reach out to the HHonors guest manager have yet to be followed up on (the welcome letter had a name, but no contact info - so had to fax an inquiry to the hotel's main number).

Other notes: They included a welcome drink coupon in the HHonors welcome letter - but since it was tiny and not folded into the letter, we only saw it in the envelope long after we'd left. The host for the breakfast buffet (part of my HHonors benefits) was especially gracious, and even let us have a to-go run through in lieu of sit down because we were on our way out of town. For all practical purposes that was the only real highlight of the one-night stay.

Room Tip: Avoid x08, due to common wall with elevator shaft.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
KTPMurnane, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
SWDCtraveler,
Thank you for your recent review. We’re apologize that you were disturbed by the elevator noise during your brief stay. In the future, we would be happy to secure a room away from the elevators for you and hope you have the opportunity to visit Philadelphia again.
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised when I stayed at the Doubletree Hotel Philadelphia. The front desk clerk was very nice and let me check in at 11:00 am even though the hotel was booked the day before.

I had a room with 2 Queen beds and a great view of Broadstreet. I found the room pretty large for a city hotel. I loved the window seat, it was a really nice touch. Beware though, there is a room on every floor surrounded by two sets of elevators. I'm sure I would have had a different experience if I'd stayed in one of those rooms.

It was surprisingly quiet and I slept really well both nights. The housekeeping staff were very helpful and they did a great job cleaning my room.

I couldn't make up my mind on which Hilton property to stay in while at a conference in Philadelpia, I'm very glad I chose this hotel.

The shuttle service I used, Express Shuttle, was only $9.00 one way from the airport to the hotel,

Room Tip: If you get a room between the elevators, I would ask to be moved. Room 921 was really nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the detailed review of your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to provide great service to all of our guests, and we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay from beginning to end. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.