“Great Place to stay”

Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #36 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed here with my daughter on a day trip to Eastern penitentiary & Longwood Gardens. Easy drive to both locations and the Facility was clean and very nice. I great hot tub/pool on Floor 5 was very Welcome after lots of walking all day

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thanks, Tim L, for taking the time to review your recent stay. We're glad you were able to get to attractions both inside and outside of the city from our amazing location. Please consider us the next time you plan a day trip (please stay even longer)!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,530)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed here for my best friend's wedding. Upon entering the hotel, we were supposed to receive the bride and groom's welcome bags (I helped her put them together so I knew they were in the hotel). We were not given a bag, and when asked, we were told that "they weren't giving out bags" and they "didn't have any." Not only did that put a bad taste in our mouth, but I soon found out that the bride and groom's room was not what they had booked, and did not have 2 beds in it like they were told. They were very upset. None of the personnell seemed to care about these issues. I will probably never return to this hotel. It's a shame, because it's in a great location.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Cherilyn B
KTPMurnane, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Cherilyn B,
Thank you for your comments. We apologize that you did not receive your gift bag. The hotel handed out all of the bags that were delivered with none left over. In addition, the groom received exactly the type of room he booked, was given his requested early check-in, and was moved to a suite with a larger seating area per his request later in the day. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will have a change in mind and stay with us again.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel over the last three years. The staff is friendly and attentive. The rooms are comfortable. The location is convenient to shopping, dining, and sightseeing. Dare I mention the warm cookies at check in? Yum!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Lori M, we're very happy that you've had consistently positive experiences with us over the past several years! Thank you for your past patronage and we hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

After parking in a hot, smelly garage, I didn't expect our room to smell bad, but it did. I chalked it up to sewer problems, and didn't complain, but I should have. Also, the pool was so cloudy looking, that I wouldn't allow my son to swim in it. The room was OK, but the best thing about this Doubletree was the yummy cookie. Even the concierge was not helpful or friendly, although the check in was smooth.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank THeath11
KTPMurnane, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear THeath11,
Thank you for your comments. We apologize that your stay was not enjoyable. We’re not aware of how or where the smell in your room manifested itself, however we do know that when it is 95* with 100% humidity in Center City Philadelphia that it can bring out the “odors”. We hope you have an opportunity to visit us again under fresher smelling circumstances.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Location of this hotel is fantastic especially for the price paid. Only stayed here for one night, but I was happy with the hotel overall. Didnt experience anything spectacular, but staff was friendly. I enjoyed my sleep.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you, Rose L, for taking the time to review your recent stay. Our location is truly superb for all that downtown has to offer. If you return to the Philadelphia area, we hope that you give us another opportunity to provide something spectacular!.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I arrived early for my reservation and they were able to able to provide my room although it was during the heavy checkout time. the desk service was efficient and I was able to enjoy a corner room view of the city and was well laid out with a large work area and very comfortable reading area. The bed was very comfortable and allowed a good night's rest. The room was well maintained and very clean.

The only downside is that the garage is in a separate building that does make check-in and check-out a bit klutzy. It is not a game change for me. I endorse the hotel!

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor corner room for a great view!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you, smalltowntravelerPa, for your endorsement, for taking the time to comment on your recent stay, and for giving such high remarks! Please return to see us soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here for one night in mid-July and really liked our experience. The hotel is very clean, the staff was very friendly and the location is great! They were able to accommodate our special requests and answered any questions we had as well. The rooms are clean and simple. My only critique is that wifi was not complimentary in the rooms - it was only free in the lobby. I have a feeling this is Doubletree/Hilton policy, however, not just this specific hotel. This is a let down when you are travelling outside the country and can't use data. That is my one and only critique with this hotel. Otherwise we had a great stay and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a top floor. It not only gives you a great view but it also gets you away from str...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you, Megan R, for the positive comments! Regarding the charge for our wireless internet, our pricing is in fact very competitive with other full-service hotels in the city, and in the surrounding area. Please stay with us again soon!