“Excellent location and city view.”

Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #34 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Great place to stay. Reached pretty late but the check in was quick and pleasant. Good view from 21st floor and quite and clean rooms. Liked the corner room which gave views from both sides. Parking was tricky but since we bought the parking with the room was cost effective since parking could be very high in downtown area. Great place to go for a walk in the morning and quite room for the location

Room Tip: Higher floors can provide very good city views
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear pmdnair,
Thank you for the five-star review! We appreciate you taking the time to give our future guests a few tips from someone who had a positive experience with us. Safe travels, and please stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed one night recently land found the hotel to be slightly dated. The room was clean and spacious, but the bathroom was in need of updating. Enjoyed the complimentary water and cookies that were given to us at check in. The location is perfect for Center City purposes, especially for the theatre and City Hall areas.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JJM1964
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear JJM1964,
Thank you for your comments. If you stay with us again, and I hope you will, please consider staying in one of our brand-new Suites on 5. They're anything but dated. Safe travels!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I really like this hotel. It's clean, the staff is great and always friendly. It's location is within walking distance to many attractions, and the subway entrance is right outside the front door.

Only one thing stands out as strange to me. I have stayed at this hotel around 10 times in the past year and have 14 future reservations. I am a HH Gold member and have never once been offered an upgrade. I once asked for a room on the Towers floor and was told nothing was available. A quick search on the Hilton app showed many were available. Not a big deal to me and it won't prevent me from staying here, I just have never had that happen at another Hilton Property.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mike v

Dear mike v,
We're happy to provide upgrades based on availability. Please contact Shavonne.Briggs@hilton.com with your Hhonors number and upcoming reservation numbers. Thank you for your past and future patronage!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I will start with the positives. The location is wonderful. You are in the heart of everything. The subway to get to the stadiums in right across the street. You do not have to make any transfers. There are tons of restaurants nearby. The room was large with lots of windows.

Now the negatives. I will start with the coffee situation. I went to the lobby to see if they had coffee. They sent me to the mezzanine level. I saw a table with coffee cups, cream, sugar, etc... but no coffee. I asked the extremely rude hostess at the restaurant how I could get coffee and she said she would get if for me. She grabbed one cup and took it behind her stand where the coffee machine is located. I told her I needed two cups (one for my husband). She literally sighed and rolled her eyes at me. She proceeded to fill up the cups barely over half way and handed them to me. I would have gladly paid for coffee if that was an option. I didn't need to feel like a criminal for wanting coffee. I didn't know it was such a valuable commodity that it had to be kept behind the hostess desk. Unfortunately the same rude hostess was there the next morning and I received the same treatment. Bad customer service REALLY annoys me. I also received bad customer service from the doorman. I asked if I could take a cart upstairs because we were ready to load up our stuff and checkout. We had a TON of luggage because we were nearing the end of a long road trip vacation. Every other hotel we stayed at up to this point gladly let us take a cart to the room. Not the Doubletree. I was told I had to go to my room and call down for them to bring a cart. We were anxious to get on the road. Now I have to wait because the guy with the cart wants a tip. When he finally brought the cart, my husband loaded it because we had it down to a science by that time. I'm sure there are people who want help loading the carts. We did not, but they would not listen. Again, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. Now the room. It was a large room with a teeny tiny bed. I reserved a queen size bed. This had to be a twin or a double. I can't believe they passed that off as a queen bed. The furniture is outdated and the bathroom was disgusting. There was mildew everywhere and the shower curtain had a sour smell. The air conditioning unit was on the opposite side of the room from the miniture bed, so it was warm while we were trying to sleep.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
KTPMurnane, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear z75,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We apologize that our hostess was less than hospitable in our restaurant. This is certainly not the kind of service that we known for and our Restaurant Manager has coached and counseled this particular Team Member on presenting a more positive and friendly image to our guests. Thank you for choosing to stay at our Hotel and we hope you have the opportunity to return in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I was not pleased with this hotel. I found this place to have below average banquet food and service.Chicken three nights in a row. And some staff that were not on their A-game. Aggressive homeless people right outside lobby door-at 10pm. No security in sight!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Cynthia C,
Thank you for your comments. The organization that was hosting your event chose all of the menus served to your group. While our Hotel Catering Team recommends varied menu's, the final decision is made by the client. I would suggest that you work through your organization to influence future menu selections. The overall event was a great success and we hope to host your group again in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I was here for business. I thought it would be very difficult to find and park, but I had no trouble with either. Staff was friendly and check-in was a breeze. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Wifi was free, if you are a HH member. The major Philadelphia attractions (Liberty Bell, Constitution Hall, Rocky statue) were within walking distance. Very nice place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Littlebitofall

Dear Littlebitofall,
We appreciate the five-star review, and we agree with you on all counts! Please return to see us soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Checking out and getting bags down stairs took over an hour. Put into a friend's Cadillac to go to airport which required one large suitcase to go in the front seat. Make sure your room is on the back side of the hotel to avoid the loud truck and car noises along Broad Street. Nice room but not spectacular.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Rodney W

Dear Rodney W,
Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry that your friend's Cadillac wasn't large enough to hold all of your luggage comfortably. Please stay with us again in the future!