“Good business travel hotel.”

Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #34 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Munich, Germany
“Good business travel hotel.”
Reviewed 4 September 2007

The Doubletree is pretty nice. I am always weary of Doubletrees- some are really nice and some are awful. This one was fine. I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member, so I pretty much stay exclusively in Hilton Family hotels, and they can all be pretty iffy. My room here was nice, not too big, pretty bland. I missed the complimentary food in the executive lounge, and never went to check it out, so I can't say anything good or bad about it. Check in was easy and friendly. I ordered room service which was very good. The rate I got was not cheap. Overall it was a nice stay, but when I realized the Sofitel was closer to my office I checked out early and switched hotels, forfeiting my honors points- so that says a lot! However, there was nothing terrible about this hotel and I would stay in it again.

• Liked — Room service was good.
  • Disliked — Room was not great
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Washington, DC
Reviewed 4 September 2007

We stayed at the Doubletree over Labor Day weekend 2007. The beds are comfortable and otherwise, the room was a room. We had a lovely view of the City Hall clock tower though. Thankfully, we booked the room on Priceline so it was reasonablly priced because the parking fee is hefty and added a lot to our bill ($20/day). The best part of the Doubletree is the location. You can walk to the Old City if you'd like; it's maybe 20 minutes, but it's also just around the corner from the Phlash bus stop (Phlash does a loop around the city and one ride is $1 or it's $4 all day). There are also a bunch of restaurants in the vicinity. I'd recommend Lolita - the enchiladas were great. The hotel is also very easy to get to from I-95, just straight down Broad St a few miles. The staff was friendly too. Our only complaint was that one day our room was not serviced by housekeeping until after 6:00 PM, when we were back at the room getting ready for dinner.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — late housekeeping
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
New Hartford, NY
Reviewed 21 August 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Doubletree as part of the "King Tut" package that they offered (tickets to the exhibit, parking, and breakfast).
From the moment we arrived, we were treated to friendly and courteous service. The front desk personnel were more than willing to answer our questions or give us directions. More importantly, the several people we had contact with seemed genuinely kind and sincere during each conversation, and made sure to tell us to have fun or ask us how the exhibit was. They really seemed to care and made the check in/out process very enjoyable.
Our room was great. Although not exceptionally large, it was very clean and we appreciated the Neutrogena products in the bathroom! The chic coffee maker and assortment of teas were also a bonus. The bed was extremely comfortable, earning the "sweet dreams" title it proclaims.
We parked in the hotel garage and walked everywhere, and although we were visiting the museum the day we checked out, we weren't charged extra to keep our car in the garage past check-out time, which was nice.
We had breakfast at the hotel since it was included in our package, and the staff there was very friendly as well. The food was good and the fruit especially was very fresh!
For lunch, we would definitely recommend Jim's on 4th and South Street. One of the people at the front desk told us without a doubt to go there for a Philly cheesesteak, and it was worth the 30 minute wait in line. Delicious!
We couldn't recommend the Doubletree more if you're planning a trip to Philadelphia. If the friendly service and great rooms aren't enough, when you check in you also get fresh-baked cookies that are to die for!

• Liked — Personal Service
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank EchoDriver
Bergen
Reviewed 9 August 2007

I stayed at the Doubletree for 5 days. I liked the ambience. So did the other people I stayed with. Friends staying at the Sheraton came by and thought so too.

• Liked — Ambience
  • Disliked — Rooms could be brightened up a tad or two
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
scranton, pa
Reviewed 7 August 2007

We stayed for the two night pkg which included breakfast each morning. We thought the restaraunt was the best deal of the weekend. Had dinner at 8 PM and it was very nice. The service at both breakfast and dinner was exceptional. The rooms are better than average and the higher you go, the better the view. You can walk to everything except the sports complexes. The pool/hot tub/sauna floor is open til 11 PM which was wonderful. Housekeeping was fine and the beds were as comfortable as any other Hilton I've stayed at. Would definitely go back just because you can leave the car in the garage and walk through downtown Philly.

• Liked — The restaraunt
  • Disliked — air conditioning was a little noisy
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jimmyleeScranton_Pa
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed 2 July 2007

I stayed at the Doubletree for 4 nights while I was in Philadelphia for a conference. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The room was average. The bathroom was showing its wear, although it appeared to be clean. Although I was on the 9th floor, I could hear a lot of traffic and street noise - finally slept with earplugs. I had a lot of problems with the wireless access in the lobby and ended up spending $9.95 per day for high-speed in the room. (it was not my computer - I had used wireless at another hotel during the same trip and it did work once at the Doubletree)

It is a great location for seeing Philadelphia.

• Liked — central location
  • Disliked — noisy location, poor wireless access
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank Tulsa_OKOktraveler
Appleton, wi
Reviewed 29 June 2007

We booked one night at the Doubletree Philadelphia, Center City as a Hilton Reward. I read the reviews and booked with some reluctance. None of the Hilton hotels in Center City had great reviews. The room itself was fine. The bed comfortable, the linens nice. However, the bathroom was something else. Tiles or something else had fallen off the wall and the spot was covered with opaque packing tape. The grout over the tub was really mildewy. I told the front desk about it and could have requested a move, but for one night, I gave my husband a break! The lobby, you can tell, was once very nice but it is tired and the furniture needs replacing. Like a lot Philadelphia itself, the hotel could use a good bath and a refurbishing.! There might have been a convention and at around 1-1:30 a.m., doors were slamming and there was loud conversation in the hallway which I could hear over the air conditioning fan and my white noise machine. Better than Sheraton, but not much.

• Liked — Location and cookies
  • Disliked — The room!!
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple