“For this location you canNOT beat the $$$”

Ranked #55 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Prime location and value! Shower was a little slow - my only complaint but geez, the location was stellar. People were all super sweet, very attentive, and they remembered me by name when I came/went (can't beat Philly people). EASILY walkable to Wills Eye, Jeff,Pennsylvania hospital, the theaters, and more restaurants than you can count. Don't need to cab it if you stay here. Small elevator but I'll take it! Will return when I go back up!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
RodeWayCC, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Let us thank you for you wonderful review of our hotel. We appreciate you for mentioning that we have an unbeatable location, excellent staff, and reasonable rates. We hope to see you again soon. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I loved my newly renovated room, very clean and comfortable. The staff are extremely helpful and very friendly, especially the three wonderful people that greeted me every morning, Brittany, Fawn, and Sean. They took the time to find out the answers to all of my questions, as well as provided additional information that made my stay much easier and more enjoyable. I can't say enough good things about them. I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
RodeWayCC, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are tremendously pleased to learn that we were able to prove that you made the right choice by providing you with excellent accommodations and services. Thank you for appreciating the newly renovated room you occupied and for commending our staff, especially Brittany, Fawn, and Sean, for going the extra mile to make you feel welcome and to search for the answers to your questions. We hope to see you again soon. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The accommodations were excellent, newly renovated and very comfortable. The staff was polite and eager to please. Located close to everything important and fun in Philadelphia. Great visit to Philly!

Room Tip: 2nd floor suite
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Let us thank you for choosing to stay at the Rodeway Inn Philadelphia. We are so pleased that you were extremely satisfied with our accommodations and services, and you were take full advantage of our unbeatable location. We hope that you will come back and see us again soon. You can trust us to provide you with another superb experience.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stay in Choice Hotels all over New England and this hotel surprised me! First off, I got there late my first night. The man at the front desk....most of the time that person is like, "Here's your key." And they just want you out of their face so they can go back to playing Candy Crush or some other game on their phone. NOT MAHFUZ! He's a REAL employeprenure! Totally awesome guy and I ended up talking with him for a while. He made me feel welcome and at home and because I was in Philadelphia for "not a good reason", it was what I needed. Very cool guy.
The room was very clean and neat, which I love and they provided a night time drink that was perfect! In the morning, when I went down stairs, everyone else was very lovely and helpful. I'd go back there in a second.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert G
RodeWayCC, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for leaving a post on trip advisor after your stay at the Rodeway Inn Center City Philadelphia. As hospitality professionals here at the Rodeway Inn we are constantly trying to see how we can better serve our guests. When someone takes the time to leave a comment, good or bad, we use it as a learning experience to enhance our customer service and then through ongoing training of the staff we always work towards getting better.

I called MahFuz this morning when I saw the review to let him know about it. The staff always appreciates seeing that they left an impression on guests in a positive way. I know he works hard and asked me to thank you for the comments.

Operating a first class hotel in a one hundred plus year old building we are faced with some obstacles. As you said city noise from the street is something we deal with and unless you are built recently and use sound proof glass this is a tough one. We feel we have maintained the old Philadelphia character of the building and added some great modern amenities.

Please consider making a return trip to the Rodeway Inn and call me direct to book the reservation. I will extend whatever consideration I can and I hope on your return visit that we will again hit the right mark with you.

Brian Krason
Guest Services
1208 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great downtown location, comfortable, but small rooms. Elevator is quite small, since this is an old hotel - BUT - the rooms appeared to be newly renovated. It was quiet, comfortable, and well appointed. All the staff were very friendly and professional, and the reception desk staff were welcoming and more than helpful with regard to dining. Could walk to Reading Terminal Market, (about 2 - 3 blocks) which is fantastic - be sure to try the donuts at the Amish market there!!! Also, the fresh oysters and the many vendors carrying beautiful displays - and plenty of places to grab a bite.. We caught the "Phlash" bus to the Barnes Foundation, and it makes about 20 stops at attractions around the city (Liberty Bell, etc.) - only $5 for getting on & off - unless you're a senior - then it's free! The bus runs about every 15 minutes, and is small and comfortable.
Great trip to a great place with a great little hotel. By the way, when we left they were power washing the sidewalks in front of the hotel! It's a much cleaner and more welcoming city than I remember from quite a few years ago.

Brian Krason
Guest Services
1208 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Excellent location, easy to get to many sights/restaurants/bars on foot. Friendly staff and clean room. Great hotel if you need a place to stay whilst exploring the city. Room a little chilly and tv package basic but would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
RodeWayCC, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

We are so delighted that we succeeded in providing you with a superb experience. Of paramount importance to us is guest satisfaction, hence, we are greatly pleased that we were able to attain our goal.

We appreciate you for mentioning that we have an unbeatable location, being conveniently near many famous tourist sites, bars, and restaurants. Thank you for mentioning as well that we have a friendly and you stayed in a spotlessly clean room.

It was wonderful to have you with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were incredibly impressed with this newly renovated hotel! We received a very nice room with a European style bathroom. We were within two miles of the Amtrak station, Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, US Mint, Ben Franklin's gravesite, Constitution Center, and a wonderful theater. The staff was very friendly - even going as far as getting us a cab before we left. We had spent about 10 nights on the road prior to this stop, and it was by far the best room we had stayed in. The walls were high, the bed was very comfortable, and the shower was awesome. We just can't say enough good things about this location. Don't let the outside appearance deter you - it doesn't look like much, but if you don't mind rooms that are slightly smaller than average, it's perfect! Anyone who goes to Philadelphia should really check it out!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

It is so nice to hear that you were incredibly impressed by our hotel. We are greatly encouraged by your review to continue reaching for even greater heights. We appreciate you for mentioning that that we are ideally located, our facility is immaculate and comfortable, and we have a very friendly staff. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in Philadelphia. You can rely on us to provide you with another exceptional experience.