“Decent and comfortable hotel in a convenient location”

Rodeway Inn Center City
Ranked #54 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel is very centrally located on a major shopping street within walking distance to all the major Philly attractions. As I don't have a car, it was ideal for my needs.

As hotels go, it was decent and pretty well-equipped. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was a little dated but perfectly functional. The wifi worked well. The TV had a large selection of channels and there is a safe available, as well as an iron (no laundry facilities though). One odd thing - the housekeeping staff won't change your bedding if you leave any personal items on it (that includes nightwear!). I was quite surprised to find a note from them when I came back one day, stating that this was company policy.

The only negative thing was that some of the other guests were a bit inconsiderate and I was woken up in the night by people shouting down the corridors. Also, some sort of breakfast option would have been nice considering the cost of the place, but it wasn't the end of the world.

Overall, a good place to stay - its location is by far its best asset.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank freshlybrewedcoffee
RodeWayCC, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you so much for your high rating of our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience! It is great to hear of how you enjoyed the value and the convenient location of our hotel! We look forward to your next stay and hope you will feel free to ask our staff for help and resources regarding anything you need assistance with. Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The hotel is in a perfect location. Right in downtown where all the action happens. The room was nice, clean and decorated in a modern design. The flavored water and fruit at the lobby desk is a personal touch.
I will stay here the next time I travel.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor and it was quiet. The room was smaller, but perfect for a downtown area...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank stacey l
RodeWayCC, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. We are so delighted that we succeeded in providing you with a memorable experience. You have our thanks for mentioning that we have an unbeatable location and we offer clean and comfortable accommodations. We hope that you will come back soon. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed for one night - and I know over the next four years I will be staying quite a bit more. (My daughter will be attending a university in the area.)

Location was amazing. I parked my car in the garage across the street - and walked everywhere!

My single room was on the small size, but is was just perfect for me. (It reminded me of a hotel I stayed in while visiting London this past fall.) I had requested a quiet room and got exactly that. Bed was comfy, room temperature was fine and the fridge was very handy.

Staff when I checked in and out were very helpful, professional and answered my many questions with a smile. After I checked out I was able to have my bags stored for part of the day while I visited many of the historical sites.

I highly recommend staying at this hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

It is so nice to hear such a wonderful review of our hotel. We thank you for appreciating our convenient location, our quiet and comfortable room, and our friendly and competent staff. We hope to see you again soon. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel was clean and the service was really great. For the price and location, you really can't go wrong.

The only reason I didn't give it the max rating is because the bed was bit uncomfortable and my bathroom was outside the room, which really wasn't too bad. (but not all rooms are that way, only the most economical)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We are greatly pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate you for mentioning that we have an unbeatable location, clean facility, and excellent services which you enjoyed without paying a hefty price.

Regarding your comment about the bed, you can be certain that we will look into it as your satisfaction is of paramount importance to us.

It was a pleasure to have you with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I spent four days here. The location is amazing. The rooms (at least the one I had) was very large, open and spacious. Initially I planned just a positive review. Unfortunately, there is more. Despite requesting several times from the front desk housekeeping never changed my sheets. Not sure about you but this is important to me. Further, at least on my floor, there is no thermostat in the room. There is one on each floor that is controlled by the front desk. Everyone freezes together or burns together. And if you want it adjusted you have to call the front desk and ask them to change it. And hope they get it the way you like it and hope no one else calls to change it back. Not sure if I'd want to come back

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ellinas25

Thank you for taking the time to leave a feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were not entirely satisfied with our accommodations and services. You can be assured that the comments you provided will be given due attention especially the one about your sheets not being changed. It is highly irregular, as it is our rule to change the sheets on a daily basis. We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we may be given a chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Prime location and value! Shower was a little slow - my only complaint but geez, the location was stellar. People were all super sweet, very attentive, and they remembered me by name when I came/went (can't beat Philly people). EASILY walkable to Wills Eye, Jeff,Pennsylvania hospital, the theaters, and more restaurants than you can count. Don't need to cab it if you stay here. Small elevator but I'll take it! Will return when I go back up!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
RodeWayCC, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Let us thank you for you wonderful review of our hotel. We appreciate you for mentioning that we have an unbeatable location, excellent staff, and reasonable rates. We hope to see you again soon. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I loved my newly renovated room, very clean and comfortable. The staff are extremely helpful and very friendly, especially the three wonderful people that greeted me every morning, Brittany, Fawn, and Sean. They took the time to find out the answers to all of my questions, as well as provided additional information that made my stay much easier and more enjoyable. I can't say enough good things about them. I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
RodeWayCC, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are tremendously pleased to learn that we were able to prove that you made the right choice by providing you with excellent accommodations and services. Thank you for appreciating the newly renovated room you occupied and for commending our staff, especially Brittany, Fawn, and Sean, for going the extra mile to make you feel welcome and to search for the answers to your questions. We hope to see you again soon. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel.