“GHETTO & a patch job of a hotel!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave.

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave.
Ranked #74 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
“GHETTO & a patch job of a hotel!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I checked in on Octover 1. The hallways have tape on the walls & holes in the ceiling on the first floor!!! The whole first floor(nonsmoking) smelled of Marijuana!!!The next morning at 8am I was awakened by banging on the roof. No one at check in told me Anything about work being done. There wasn't even a Note in my room about it! I Even demanded my money back..& I was told by the manager on duty (Valerie) NO!! I will be taking this up with Corporate!!!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Tashaleur365

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reading, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

My family and I recently stayed here after an Eagles game. Our usual perferred hotels in the city were booked, so we picked this one as a last resort. The room was a bit dated, but it was clean. Bathroom was clean and shower was hot. I liked that the kitchen area was separate from the bedroom area. Having a full sized fridge was a big plus, since we needed to store baby bottles and freezer items. We had a queen sized bed and I thought it was comfortable. Grab and go breakfast is free, but very limited. Although it was a fine place to stay overnight, I can agree with other reviews that it probably wouldn't be the greatest place to stay for an extended period. Parking is FREE, which is a huge plus in a city where most hotels charge - we've paid up to $20 a night at other places. For the price, I was prefectly happy with the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ashleynicole1284
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Ashley - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to hear that you found the cleanliness of your guest room and bathroom to your standards. Also, I am glad that the grab-and-go breakfast and free parking were convenient for your stay. We strive to provide the comforts of home to our guest, so we are pleased to hear that the fully equipped kitchen suited your needs.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for months now. And I got to Say every one of the ladies That works here goes out of their way to make you feel at home. Miss (marie comer )Make sure you have everything you need. I seen that woman take b.s off People and she still have a smile on her face. The rooms are good and clean. You couldn't ask for a better manager than what you got now she worked her b*** off. I am very happy to be a Guest here

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank 39452
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this review, 16 September 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that that you are enjoying your stay with us and we do appreciate you as a guest. I am happy to hear that our staff has provided you with courteous and great customer service. Also, we are glad that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable.

Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with anything you need during your stay. Again thank you for the positive review.
Northfield, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

never stay here! the carpet was stained, the carpet in front of the AC was soaked, the beds were so uncomfortable, not worth the $ at all, the pull out couch had no linen on it - the front desk gave us just sheets, no blankets

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Dina W
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Hi Dina,

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the stain and wet carpet and linen is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken with the staff about the issues you had during your stay to ensure your experience is not repeated. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, or you will like to speak with me directly. Please contact me, at pla@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
NH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Outdated and worn - needs remodeling. The carpet is worn, there are burns on the bathroom vanity (non-smoking room) water stains on the ceiling, uncomfortable beds - worn out from all the action I guess, and the condensation from the air conditioner leaks into the room instead of outside, which soaked the carpet in front of the a/c unit and around the bottom of the bed. We will be returning to Philadelphia but won't bestaying here

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Hi there,

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you were unhappy with stay at the hotel. To uphold our company's high standards, we will go through complete renovations within a few months and I hope you will give us another chance. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at pla@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

As a backpacker I found this hotel great and enjoyed the stay here. So much so we booked another night!!

If you are looking for luxury then by all means search past this hotel. But if you just want somewhere to stay whilst exploring the lovely city of Philadelphia I would recommend this hotel.

The rooms were spacious with an ensuite and a kitchen area. This certainly exceeded our expectations!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave., responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Lauren - Thank you for your lovely review of our property. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed staying at our hotel and would stay again, should your travels bring you back to the area. The staff and I would love to have you.

Good luck on your backpacking trip!
Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel is the red headed step child of the 9000 bartram ave. Well we thought we were going to write a positive review but we were at the wrong hotel. The one we were staying on was across the way. I also booked this on priceline name your own price. You really get what you pay for....... We walked in and were greated by a woman with a white t shirt what looked like no bra and apple bottom SWEATPANTS! not professional at all. Went to the third floor and was greatest by an eaten chicken wing on the floor that was still there when we checked out. The room smelled like sour baby milk. Floor was so gross in the bathroom that I wore my flip flops to shower. The towels they give you have what loomed line mold stains and were so stiff it was like a brillo pad. The kitchen was clean although we didn't use it. The recliner that was in the room looked like a pack of cats attacked it. It was gross.

• Stayed August 2013