“Weekend in Philadelphia”

Ranked #52 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Richmond, Virginia
“Weekend in Philadelphia”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We traveled to Philadelphia for the weekend. We stayed in the Queen suite. Very nice lay out. Nicely stock with all essential dishes, coffee, sweeteners and creamer. They even supplied dish soap and dishwasher detergent. The only drawbacks were I wish we had more pillows. My family needs at least 3 pillows each. We each had 2. The bed was like sleeping in a marshmallow. Not very much support. My husband like the bed but I need some support.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tiemyshoe76
Michele Y, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hawthorn Suites Philadelphia Airport. We appreciate your comments, and we look forward to having you stay with us again!

Warmest Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Polish first
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my overnight stay. Greeted with a smile, the hotel only puts a $20 incidentals hold on a credit card. I was even enrolled in the Wyndham rewards program, and this was my first time using this brand. The hotel has a full hot and cold breakfast, with meat and eggs. The room a fairly good, hotel was very clean inside and out. Flat screen in each room. The ones in the bedrooms are bolted down, but to be expected these days. We didn't use the kitchen. Wifi was flawless. Our bathrooms had plenty of linen and new shower curtains. Only one disappointment, that was immediately corrected, the sofa bed linen was grossly dingy and stained. Security brought up new linen. So my nephew(11), had to share the bed with me and my mom. She didn't feel comfortable allowing him to sleep on the sofa bed. But. Being next to the airport it was oddly quite, as if all flights were grounded for the night. I would stay again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Michele Y, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for the feedback. We are happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Many of our guests comment on our hot buffet breakfast. I am glad we were able to respond to your guest room need in a timely fashion.
Come back and see us again!
Hamburg, New York
Reviewed 2 August 2014

A beautiful hotel, well located. Only a short 15-20 minute drive to all the best sites in historic Philly. Amenities were great. Very nice pool, great breakfast. Suites were clean and comfortable with a full kitchen. Even though it was right next to the airport we noticed no noise. Only drawback was a lack of restaurants nearby, but room had a full kitchen and hotel shuttle would take you grocery shopping if necessary. Bathroom could have used some updating, wallpaper behind the toilet was peeling, but it was clean and large. Will definitely keep this one on the list of places to stay in Philly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Please come back and see us again!
Philadelphia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I travel to Philly often and usually stay in Center City. However, there were 2 large conventions in town and as a consequence had to make a reservation at an Airport hotel, namely Hawthorn Suites. This was the first time I stayed at Hawthorn Suites and it was a great experience. When I missed my flight on Thursday evening, I needed a room for the night and was able to secure one there. The staff was very friendly and attentive so the stress level due to the situation was eased a bit. I really appreciate the professionalism and care the team displayed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Michele Y, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hi Lenora,

Thank you for your recent review. My staff works diligently to ensure that each and every guest is happy with their stay, and I appreciate you recognizing their attentiveness.

I hope that you will stay with us again when travelling to the Philadelphia area.