“Old World Charm”

Ranked #32 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Old World Charm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Went to Christmas Gala that was held at the Hyatt at the Bellevue. We decided to stay over so we booked a room for one night. Upon check in we were greeted with a choice of wine while we waited to get our room. This was a very nice touch. Check in was fast and everyone was nice and helpful. When checking out I found that I was charged incorrectly for parking. I spoke to the person at reception and it was taken care of immediately. Very impressed.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Korean first
Bolton, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Great Staff, clean historic rooms. Real classy place with great access to city dinning and shops. XIX at the top floor has an amazing manger and waitstaff. Occasionally they will have a bartender on staff that competes in bar tending competitions, and he will blow your mind with his creations while he delivers and mixes your cocktail...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Lehighton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Having traveled for 50 years I have experienced many hotels! I have never had a more perfect flawless experience than this beautiful peaceful gem ! Rooms are huge, quiet , comfortable and service is friendly and professional! You just cannot find anything near this experience! I love this beautiful place!

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Drjohn691
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Front desk clerks were fantastic. The bedding was very comfortable. The wall paper in the rooms are comically hideous and some parts of the room are showing wear (knobs, doors, etc.) but I enjoyed staying at the historic building and the location is fantastic. My room had a nice view and the bar/restaurant at the top of the building was quite enjoyable. There is also a food court in the basement.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

When checking into this hotel, I felt like I was stepping back into history. This historic building captures the era of the 1940's with all the amenities of the current day. The rooms are large and the beds sleep absolutely wonderful. Bathrooms are great and it was quiet and peaceful. The staff and the guest are very pleasant and engaging. I was traveling alone yet I never lacked for conversation or people being polite and just simply pleasant to be with. This was one stay that when it was my time to move on, I really wanted to stay.
Visitors should check out the atrium on the 12th floor which is open to all guest and also should check out the top floor restaurants. Parking is easy and the location is just a few blocks from City Hall and shopping. The entire City is walkable and very friendly to be in. This was my first trip to Philadelphia and I really cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
The OC, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Coming from Los Angeles, I have to say that I'm not used to older properties. If anything gets old in LA, they tear it down. I was quite please with the Hyatt at the Bellevue in all aspects. The hotel location is superb. If you need to get anywhere, the hotel is right next to a SEPTA subway stop. We used this to our advantage, as our business took us to the sports complex, a short 10 minute ride by subway.

The staff was gracious and accommodating. We arrived around midnight after many flight delays, and the person at the desk was very helpful in giving us a few ideas for places to eat late at night. The room I shared with a coworker was quite large for us, and the beds were extremely comfortable. OK, we were working 12 hour shifts at times, but the beds really helped.

The restaurant at the top of the hotel was very nice, as was the breakfast buffet. It was equally as pricey, but I started off the day with a big breakfast of eggs, sausage, croissants, fresh juice, and more.

I was also able to do some sightseeing, and the hotel's location made it very easy to see the sights: "Rocky" steps (Philadelphia Museum of Art), Liberty Bell, and South Street (see my review on Jim's Steaks). All of these were a brisk walk or a short taxi ride away.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
South Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Arrived a little late due to on goin construction. Had no idea where parking entrance was so that was another delay.
My wife is handicapped so after coming out of parking garage there were 20+ steps to the door! I did see a wheelchair elevator to the right and we took that instead.
Never received our gift bag at time of check-in as we were part of a large wedding.
Rooms were expensive even with wedding discount AND they still charged $28. for parking on top of that. I guess it's what you pay in a large city.

Room Tip: price the other hotels in area...lots to choose from.