“Most excellent hotel”

Ranked #31 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
“Most excellent hotel”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend in one of the suites facing the inner courtyard. The room was large, modern and well appointed. The dinning room on the 19th floor has great views and is nice location for breakfast. There is also a fun bar/lounge located adjacent. Hotel is located near Walnut St. for shopping and many dining options. The Hyatt has an agreement with the Health Club next door for guest to use. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Request an upgrade to the Stanton suites.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Korean first
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I'd give 5 stars but the standard rooms need some freshening up. Renovations were due this summer but have been put off until fall or early winter. Not stopping my wife and I to go in August, but we are upgrading to the newly renovated suites. The Hyatt bought an older hotel of what I consider the great age of American architecture which can't be copied these days; too costly. Kinda' neat to be a Hyatt in a building such as that, and in the middle of a fun spot in Philadelphia. Chris' Jazz Café, Philadelphia Oyster House, opera house and lots of other eateries and stores within easy walking distance. Beautiful old building with the normal 'top notch' Hyatt food, service and staff.

Room Tip: Rooms aren't "that" bad but ask if renovations have been done when making a reservatio...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My family and I spent a nice evening at the Hyatt at the Bellevue just before my husband was to receive a graduate degree at the University of Pennsylvania. From the time we arrived, we were greeted at the car and received a warm welcome at the front desk. The reception area may be small, but we were immediately check-in with no wait. We came to our room and found that we had a lot of space to spread out things and the room and bathroom were very clean. Though the hotel is centrally located to several restaurants (and also has its own restaurant), my daughter wasn't feeling well, so we ordered room service. When room service arrived, the table was nicely set up and we enjoyed a very lovely and delicious meal inside the room.

Once we finished our dinner, we received another knock on the door & found that the front desk agent had sent complimentary dessert and a bottle of sparkling wine for us to celebrate the graduation event! I remember mentioning the occasion when I checked in, but didn't expect for him to remember or to send anything (thanks Gary!) The kids were so happy to see the dessert (and me the wine) - it made the entire trip more special.

The next morning, I went to work out at the gym connected to the hotel (Bellevue Sports Club) - it is an excellent work out facility with tons of equipment, an indoor track(!), pool, and adult hot tubs. The pool is primarily for adults and primarily for lap swimming, but there are some hours available for children to swim (though mine did not).

Lastly, having a starbucks in the building is a nice perk.

I would strongly recommend this hotel - we all had a wonderful time!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We recently stayed at your hotel. We had two connecting rooms. Everything was clean and in working order. We had a fantastic time. Your hotel is centrally located so it was very convenient and we didn't need to use our car until it was time to go home. We are looking forward to going back to your hotel soon for a longer stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel from May 13-May 14 during a business trip. I realized the day after I checked out that I left a book and iPad in the room that were together when I took them out of my carry on bag. Ironically, the room service folks found my book but not my iPad. I don't blame them for me losing my iPad but when someone is missing 2 items that were together and the maid found the $5 book and not the $500 iPad you have to be suspicious, but it seemed like the hotel thought nothing at all of the matter.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Luke R
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Be careful (probably like a lot of other properties), but $45.96 for a 20 minutes phone call from Philadelphia to Buffalo, NY is overwhelming.

Room was not the cleanest ...hair on the bathroom floor that sort of thing. You'd expect better from a 4 star

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hyatt at the Bellevue is located a few blocks from the City Center and convenient to almost anything that you would want to visit in Philadelphia. We had a recently updated room which I would highly recommend. The staff was excellent. Don't miss the rooftop restaurant for breakfast.

Room Tip: Get and upgraded room, It is worth the extra few dollars.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family