“Surprisingly Great”

Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium
Ranked #64 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed here for a P!nk concert. It was wet, rainy and bad weather. We asked the concierge about cabs, they said to let them know when we were ready and we did. However it was a ridiculous because they called 5 cabs for others...to cover everyone so we missed ours. They kept giving ours away. That was ridiculous, but we managed just fine.

Other than that: the room was great, the bar had great Cheesesteak and it was a very nicely renovated hotel. The location was absolutely perfect!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor in the center..facing downtown. I would not stay near the elevators, or on...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Stadium12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium for your lodging needs. We appreicate your business and your feedback. We look foward to see you soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed Jan.11,2014 for a conference on Sat-Sun morning.The room was clean and comfortable.Had a view of the Stadium.My bed (shared the room with an associate) was comfortable and I fell asleep almost the minute my head hit the pillow.
The hotel restaurant is average;grilled chicken breast sandwich so-so;later Friday evening had the buffalo wings.They were very good. Saturday morning breakfast: eggs okay but the pancakes were delicious.Overall, I rated the food C+. That said I had a problem with my key card. After several new key card updates the janitor came and fixed the door lock which was supposedly the problem,however, my key never would opened the door.It was good that the other associate's card seemed to be the one that worked.We were given free breakfast passes.
Overall, I would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room near the elevators;I am told that it was noisy, but of course I was sound asle...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking your time to write us about your stay. We will certainly address your concerns regarding the restaurant with our staff. We thank you for your business and look foward to your future visits.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Flight was cancelled, and had to spend the night in Philly. Reserved room from airport for decent price. Hotel staff stated shuttle service would arrive in 15 minutes. My husband and I waited inside the warm airport about ten minutes before heading outside to Zone 4 to wait for shuttle van. It was about 4 degrees that evening (1/7/13), and I am four months pregnant so waiting outside in frigid temps is not the ideal situation for me right now. We waited about thirty minutes in the cold before calling the hotel again. We were assured the van was at the airport and would be by at any minute, so we were unable to go back into the airport to wait, because we did not want to miss the shuttle. We waited approximately another thirty minutes (for a grand total of 70 minutes) before jumping into a taxi for the $20 car ride to the hotel.
Upon arrival at the hotel, I asked to speak to a manager about why we had to wait over an hour and eventually pay 20 dollars for a shuttle service we had been advised would arrive in 15 minutes. The manager on duty stated there was nothing they could do to reimburse the cab fee, and that he would be the manager on duty in the morning as well so to come back would really be futile. In the midst of checking in, I was able to find out what the manager was having for dinner, because his open conversations with other hotel staff. I found it highly unprofessional that a manager, of all people, would behave in such a way when he should have been trying to appease a disgruntled customer. If we had been told from the beginning, that we would have to wait over an hour, it would not have been an issue, because we could have waited in the airport where it was nice and warm, and not outside in fear of missing the shuttle.
We later ordered room service for dinner, and the food was absolutely terrible. It was overcooked and low-quality. Not at all what you would expect for the prices.
The room was clean and nice. The location is good if you are going to the stadiums, but I would not recommend it from the airport.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank StacyW712

Dear Guest,

I am in the receipt of your review and I am diappointed to learn that you were not happy. I do understand your concerns and have addressed them with my staff. I agree with you that we should have been more specific with the timing of our Shuttlle. Due to the weather conditions the diriving times do become unpredictable and we try to do our best to pick up our guests as quickly as we can. I have also addressed your concerns regarding the Restaurant with the management staff to avoid any similar mistakes in the future.

Your opinion means a lot to us as it tells us how we are doing and what we need to improve upon. I would appreciate if you would give us another chance.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here on a trip to a Philly's baseball game. The price was reasonable for the location so I didn't expect much when we got there. The lobby is very welcoming and updated. They have a decent bar/restaurant where we grabbed a few before going over to the game. The room was fine for us to stay for the night. This place worked for us since we were only going to the game and Xfinity Live, which was in walking distance and we didn't have to pay for parking.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Stadium12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback. We here at the Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium belive in creating a value and great experience for our guests and work everyday towards that goal. We thank you for your business and would like to be your choice of lodging in Philadelphia area.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for New Years Eve to go to nearby Xfinity Live. It was a 10 minute walk to the Broad Street Subway line and close to all of the stadiums. It would be a great location for someone going to a game that also wanted to see Philadelphia. The train made it easy to get downtown for the mummers parade the next day. There isn't much else around besides the stadium complex but there is a restaurant inside along with a small convenience store. Our room was large and well maintained.

Room Tip: There is really no view but if you are staying on a big night like new years, say you want to stay a...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and looking foward to seeing you on your next visit.

General Mnaager

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I booked this hotel through Priceline and got a ridiculously low rate of $45 (plus taxes & Priceline fees). Therefore, I can't really complain about the property having gotten such a cheap rate. I will be as fair and objective as I can be. The 3 star rating is fairly accurate; it is definitely no higher than that.

I checked in this evening (Mon 12/30) at about 6pm. Check-in was very easy and the young man at the front desk was pleasant enough. I asked for a King room but they were "fully booked" on the King rooms, despite a nearly empty parking lot out front. But okay, no biggie. I was given a room on the 7th floor. As soon as I opened the door I was hit with an old cigarette smoke smell. Remembering another review about this, I immediately called the front desk and asked for a non-smoking room (I knew full-well the hotel was a "Non-smoking property"). Khadijah answered and seemed to express some confusion about my asking for a non-smoking room because "all of [their] rooms are non-smoking". She was nonetheless fairly pleasant and could hear that I was already having a reaction amid my coughs and clearing the building phlegm from my throat. She stated that she would look for another room and call me back. About 5 minutes later she did call back and informed me that someone would be right up with keys to a new room; this time on the 4th floor.

The 4th floor room definitely smelled much better. However, as another reviewer stated, who also happened to be on the 4th floor, there is certainly "SOMEthing" allergenic on that floor. I do have severe year-round allergies, and I am allergic to dust and mold among other things. I stay medicated daily because of this. BUT something in that room had my allergies on overdrive! My lips began to swell, my throat got sore and scratchy, and I began to break out slightly on my face. I had to take an extra dose of my allergy meds to calm down the reaction. I can't say for certain that it was mold - but it was definitely SOMEthing!

I didn't bother to call the front desk again. This was just meant to be a quick need-to-have-a-woosah-moment-away-from-family-and-other-crazy-people overnighter. So I took my meds and am now hoping to get comfortable and have a good night's sleep.

I imagine that for someone in town for a sporting event, this would be an ideal spot! My room on the 4th floor faces Citizens Bank Park which could be very cool during the day or during a game. My first room on the 7th floor did have a nice view of the Philly skyline and the Ben Franklin. The rooms are very small and the bathrooms are tiny, but if you're in town for an event or for sightseeing you won't be spending much time in there anyway. I would think, however, that the small rooms might be somewhat uncomfortable for a business traveler or someone likely to be spending a lot of time in the room.

In regards to cleanliness...it's a 3-star property. There are some pretty visibly dirty and probably-never-touched areas. They seem to have done a very basic surface cleaning but definitely not more than that. I must admit that I did feel somewhat uncomfortable. I checked my bed (and under the mattress as well) thoroughly and it looks fine. The bed and pillows are actually REALLY comfortable.

Now I'm no diva or anything close to it, but I typically stay at 3.5-star and above properties (and yes there IS actually a BIG difference in that half star, as I've learned today!!). I took a chance on this property considering some of the negative reviews, but despite the cheap rate, I would have gladly paid double to be more comfortable elsewhere. But hey, you live and learn!

Overall it is an average hotel. If you are accustomed to higher standards, you will be disappointed at best, perhaps disgusted at worst. If you are amenable to a little dirt here and there (and maybe mold) in exchange for the convenience of being near sporting venues then you should be fine. Either way, don't have high expectations.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Stadium12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking your time to write us about your experience here at the Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium. I am disappointed to learn that your stay was not 100% enjoyable due to the issues mentioned in this reivew. I can assure you that the issues you have mentioned have been addressed and appropriate actions have been taken.

Thank you for your business and we hope that you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Fantastic position to attend sport matches, but far from downtown (15 minutes to metro closest stop).
Good sport bar but please don't get the local beer!
Breakfast under expectations.
Very useful free-of-charge shuttle from and to the international Airport.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your business and your feedback. As you are aware we are conveniently located off of Interstate 76 and 95, between the Philadelphia International Airport and Philadelphia Downtown. We do offer varity of packages to meet our customer needs that includes Free Airport Pick up and Drop off, Free Philadelphia Downtown Pick up and drop off. We highly recommend to take advantage of those packages.

Thank you once again and we look foward to see you soon.