Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium
The Independent Hotel(Philadelphia)
  • Pool
Morris House Hotel(Philadelphia)
  • Spa
All reviewsphillies gamecitizens bank parksporting eventsnice sports barxfinity liveball parkwells fargosports complexroom was cleanwithin walking distanceoutdoor poolattending an eventbreakfast buffetcheesesteakstayed here for one nighthotel restaurantconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend, while attending games at Citizen's Bank Park. The location was fantastic! Close to the stadium and to many wonderful things to do in the Philadelphia area. The room was clean and comfortable! We had the breakfast buffet which was delicious, and only added $10 to our room bill. In addition, I had sent an email inquiring about anything "special" that could be done, as my husband and I would be celebrating our first wedding anniversary. When we arrived the manager and a staff member delivered champagne, cake, chocolate covered strawberries, and a card to our room. We were very pleased with our stay and would highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank ssb87
Holiday Inn Phi... S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

It's good to hear from you and we greatly appreciate that you've taken the time to share your five star experience with us! I am very pleased to hear that our staff was able to assist in making your special occasion a truly memorable experience. It means a lot to us that you have allowed us to be a part of your celebrations and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were grateful to find this hotel for the weekend we were in Philadelphia as pretty much everything except airport hotels were booked up. It wasn't in University City section of Philly where we were heading for an Event Day at Drexel Univ. with our son but it is very close to the exit ramp from I-76 so it was easy to get back on it and get to University City the next morning with a short drive. The Hotel is located right by the Sports Complex/stadium. Our room had a great view of the stadium. The Sports Bar restaurant was where we ate as we got in around 7:30pm after a long, taxing drive from Long Island, NY ... food was OK...service was fair. There is no free breakfast at this hotel. Using a Drexel U. discount you are limited to the Executive Suite type of room - we had a party of 3 so there was a King bed and a full (?) sofa sleeper. Mattress on the sofa sleeper was very thin but son seemed to sleep OK on it. King bed was very comfortable. Room furnishings were very nice. This would definitely be the place to stay in Philly for a sporting event.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor. It was quiet. Believe have choice of view of stadium or city skyline.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Holiday Inn Phi... S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

We are very happy to discover that you had such a pleasant experience with us at Holiday Inn Philadelphia! It is rewarding to hear that we have succeeded in making you feel at home. I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations of service and accommodations and we're all looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We booked at this hotel, but, unfortunately, were required to change our plans. We cancelled our reservation one month prior to our anticipated stay. The hotel refused to provide any refund, relying on a convoluted, misleading policy that spoke on the necessity of booking seven days in advance and deposits. The words "this reservation is non-refundable" or "this reservation may not be cancelled" were not used at all. They were not able to provide any explanation as to why we were permitted to cancel a non-refundable reservation. (What is the point of cancelling a non-refundable reservation???) In short, they rely on misleading and ambiguous language hidden on their website rather than actually providing service to travelers. Needless to say, when we do get to Philadelphia, we will not be staying here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TOLawyer

I sincerely apologize for the very unfortunate incident you experienced at our hotel. I want to assure you that your comments are being taken seriously, passed onto our staff and addressed through continuous improvements to our reservation and guest service policies. Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your communications with Holiday Inn Philadelphia. I hope you will change your mind about seeking out new accommodations in the area and that you'll give us another chance to restore your faith in our hospitality and service.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The front desk staff were very friendly. Unfortunately, the refrigerator in our room was so loud that we had to unplug it. The breakfast was NOT worth it. The bar & restaurant were expensive. We only stayed in this hotel because it's location. We had someone in a wheelchair with us and walked to the stadium. Best thing about this hotel is it's location.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Americantanzmaus
Holiday Inn Phi... S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

We wish to let you know that your voice is of utmost importance to us. We are dedicated to ensuring that you receive the highest level of service and your feedback will help us to correct and improve our accommodations and amenities to better achieve this determined goal. We are glad that you found our location to be convenient and we hope you'll come back to see how we've grown through feedback like yours.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Do not stay here unless you want to have to dispute charges on nights you never stayed there on your credit card. I stayed one night and canceled 2 nights (well in advance of cut off date) but they charged my credit card for them 2 nights before I even got there. Then they say that when you check out your credit card will get reimbursed. Well, guess what? They never reimbursed me! I called a million times and they never took it off. I disputed on my credit card and got most of the money back. They got almost $10 dollars on taxes or something-but why should I pay those if I never stayed there those nights!! The rooms are "lightly" cleaned. The walls are made of cardboard! Unsightly people show up after the games (not a place to stay with children). I will never stay there again if my life depended on it. Spend your money elsewhere.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank JenniferPittsburgh

I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties that you experienced following your most recent stay with us. It is disheartening to hear that you encountered such and difficult situation due to an error, of no fault of your own and especially disappointed to learn that the situation was not then handled promptly and professionally.

I am indeed glad that you were able to get your money back for those nights which you did not stay and which had been canceled; and I want you to know that we deeply regret the errors that led to these serious circumstances.

We do appreciate that you've taken the time to bring the matter to our attention. I assure you that we are continuously improving upon our services and accommodations while addressing our policies and procedures for minimizing and attending to these situations.

Thank you for your honest feedback which will promote practical policy changes and an improved experience for future guests.