“Saving Grace In a Snow Storm”

Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #46 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I can't even begin to explain how blown away by the Management and staff of this hotel is. I was stuck here due to the big snow storm that shut down the city. I had some small issues, credit card, Hertz, FREEZING COLD...LOL The whole time, while checking in and the little request, that all travelers will have from time to time, Christopher and Tamika were joys at the desk and always kept a smile, even as customer after customer came in and tried to book (no vacancies) and were turned away or had to wait in the line to check in. Bruce drove to me to my, around the corner, destination, without batting an eye, even in this crazy weather. Faith has been here the whole time, making sure rooms are ready, and that customers and her staff are happy and in good spirits, under the circumstances. I had to switch rooms and was a little ahead of the move, when I notified Sidah, who was making sure my new room was clean and in order. She offered to help me gather my belongings, and move them to my new room. I know, from experience, that most employees, at hotels, don't even offer to hold the door in that situation and here she was offering to help relocate me. I had an issue with my T.V. (in my new room) and Ruben came up and fixed it, by getting me one that had been programmed, with out me waiting forever and a day, without huffing or grimacing. He was a delight to talk to.

I can tell that Paulette manages, not only a wonderful crew, but she does it with such compassion and caring, that it resonates to the customers. I will be telling all of my friends, clients, coworkers and anyone else that I can, to stay at this hotel, when they pass through the Philly area!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CarylC
FFIPHLMGR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Hi Ms. C!

Thank you so much! We are dedicated to providing outstanding service. I am glad that we could accomodate you during that particular storm. Your kind words mean alot to us. I have shared your comments with the team and everyone remembers you! We made it a fun filled, stress-free evening for all of our stranded guest. Thank you for being such a great guest. Please come back and see us again when you are in the Philadelphia area!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We got stuck in Philadelphia for 4 nights after a trip to Jamaica and most of the Philly airport was shut down. We called and due to great customer service from Christopher, he found us three rooms at incredibly short notice. We didn't know from day to day if we were going to be able to get out on stand by and the staff here were very accomodating to our needs - they even had an essential toiletries package for all of us when our luggage didn't get returned to us. Even with the hotel under renovations, the rooms were clean and the inconvenience was minimal. I would stongly recommend this hotel for any weary travelers based on convenience to airport and overall customer service. Thanks to all the employees again for making a bad situation somewhat brighter!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank heather h

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback! We sincerely appreciate it. We would love for you to come back and see us again whenever you are in the Philadelphia area!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

In transit at Philadelphia airport, overnight Christmas eve. Was picked up by hotel's shuttle bus, upon arrival (tired after a long-haul flight) was quickly assisted by front desk and, in friendly and professional way,given a room, I was even provided a small pouch with toiletries since I had lost mine at previous airport. Room: spotless, immaculate!. Bathroom: same! Truly a relief and felt very comforting after a tiring flight. The lobby is being renovated, but guests are alerted to this with apologies, although it in now way interferes with guests' comfort. Breakfast is included, but also accross the street is Ruby Tuesday restaurant to which I was kindly directed and grateful made use of for a quick dinner. Sleep was great in a most comfortable bed (don't know if this a trademark of Marriott hotels, as I noticed the same at other Marriott hotels in Europe). Next morning, @ 4:30am, driver was standing ready to bring me to the airport for my flight, without any hassle. Altogether a very pleasant experience. Will certainly repeat next time and would recommend without any doubt for short stays (even for longer stays, and has an indoor pool).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
FFIPHLMGR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Hello,

We sincerely appreciate your feedback. We are dedicated to providing outstanding service! I will be sure to share your feedback with the team. We would love for you to come back and visit.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

The hotel is under major renovation. I stayed here for one night for an early morning flight. It was very noisy when I checked in for about an hour and then it was very quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful and did a good job of keeping everything flowing during the renovation. There was plenty of hot water and the water pressure was decent. The towels are new, but the bath towels are small and I'm not a big person. The bed was comfortable and the room was warm even though the outside temp was 5 degrees. I feel the price was high during the renovation.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hello,

We sincerely appreciate your feedback! Our public space is scheduled to be finalized very soon! It looks amazing!! We would love for you to come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed here for one night as had an early flight out of Philly airport the next morning. The first floor was under renovation so was understandably a bit of a mess, but my room was newly-renovated and beautiful! What really impressed me about this facility was the friendlinss and kindness of the front desk staff. You don't always find such fine customer service these days -- good job.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We take great pride in the service that we provide! I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us. Our public space will be finalized within a matter of days and we are truly excited. We would love for you to come back and stay with us. I am sure you will be pleasantly suprised.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I've been here just for one night for a flight connection with a group of 16.
Rooms are wide and clean, great breakfast. I have enjoyed the shuttle bus for all my people from and to the airport.
Most of all, the guys at the reception have been very helpful giving me very good advices about what to the for the night in the centercity.

I'll come back here. I felt really welcome.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
FFIPHLMGR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Hello!

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. I do remember your wonderful group. We are very thankful to have had you stay with us. If, you are ever in the Philadelphia area again please feel free to give me a call so that I may personally assist you.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Im from Chicago & I flew into town for a concert with a friend. The shuttle driver, Jon Dillard, was so nice & scooped me so quick from the airport. Even though I called late to request a lift to the hotel. To whom the powers that be,he & Tamika J. deserves a raise. I had a few issues on my end upon check in but, Tameka (the front desk clerk) was very patient with me! And I thanked her & after a half hour I was able to check into my room before the concert began. Thank U Marriot Fair field Airport staff. -Cliff Jr.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank cliff05
FFIPHLMGR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Season's Greetings,

Thank you so much for providing your feedback. John and Tamika are awesome!! Thank you for taking the time to recognize them. I will be sure to share this with them and the rest of the team. We celebrate success! Have a Safe and Happy Holiday Season!