“Great overnight stay before early morning flight”

Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #44 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Only here one night before flying out early the next morning. Very comfortable room and quiet too so got a good few hours sleep. Ruby Tuesday, the restaurant across the road, was excellent and is open until 11pm. Shuttle there at 4.30am to take us to the airport

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
FFIPHLMGR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Hello,

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide your feedback. We would love for you to come back and stay with us again. Please feel free to give me a call if you would like assistance with your accomodations.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Recently stayed here with my wife and two boys so we could be close to the airport for an early morning flight. The staff were very attentive to our needs. Everyone we ran into spoke and seemed to be very happy. It is very rare that you find that nowadays. Hats off to the Management team at this location. Whatever they are doing they are doing it right and it shows! Mr. Marriott should be proud to have such an awesome crew. If, we are ever in the area again we will stay here!

Room Tip: Property is newly renovated so any room is good

Hello!

Thank you so much for your feedback. We take great pride in the service that we provide. We also take great pride in our associates. We are very thankful to have them and truly appreciate their consistent hardwork and dedication. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I loved my stay at this hotel and I would recommend it to anyone. The service I received was absolutely excellent and I really like the free cookies everyone is offered and welcome to take at any point in time.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank MikeKehoe625

Hello,

Thank you! We sincerely appreciate your feeback and would love to have you stay with us again in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me if you are ever in the Philadelphia area. I would be happy to assist.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This is one of the best hotels I have ever been to. The staff is excellent, the rooms are clean and their free cookies are spectacular! The view is great and the resterant right next to it is a plus. Once agian the Free Cookies are spectacular! I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Mike1234567891011

Hi!

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. Everyone loves those fresh baked chocolate chip cookies! Please come back and see us again!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I suppose for a big city like Philly, the hotel was a good value for the money and all of the staff we encountered were awesome -- super friendly and very helpful. The room was small but clean. However, we were there over Easter weekend and the place was a zoo. I mean... RAMMED. So lots of kids everywhere and lots of noise. Breakfast was complete chaos. It may as well have not been included because there was nowhere to sit to eat and there wasn't enough staff to keep up with the volume of people. I was kind of upset about that because that was one of the reasons I chose this hotel and I never got a single thing to eat. The volume of people obviously put some strain on the elevators so I spent way more time waiting for an elevator than I would have liked. The hotel had an indoor pool, but it, too, was always crowded. Pity because it would have made a nice alternative to the non-existant fitness center. I went to the fitness center on the first night only to discover that it was basically a large broom closet with a chair, a tv, and 3 pieces of equipment. This is a Marriott? Come on... really? If that's all you can offer... then please don't bother -- it just angers people like me who like to stay in shape even when we travel. So, to summarize, if I'd known what a zoo this hotel was going to be, about the over-crowded breakfast, and lack of a decent fitness center, I would have stayed somewhere else -- it wasn't an unpleasant experience, but it was certainly disappointing.

Room Tip: If it's crowded, choose a first floor room well away from the lobby.
1  Thank Kellie S

Hello!

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We accept all feedback in a positive manner. Yes! We can become very busy during breakfast. In addition to our friendly crew, all of our guest really love our scrambled eggs and sausage! I will be sure forward your feedback as we will utilize it and continue to provide the outstanding service that our guest love!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel is a decent place, close to the airport and Philly highways. 25 minutes from the zoo, 15 minutes from downtown, free parking, free breakfast, free wi-fi. The lobby is small and the front desk is small, but really, they are efficient and we only see them when we pass by to leave or return.

Breakfast is good and there are lots of selections. Oatmeal (with bowls of nuts, brown sugar, raisins), scrambled eggs, sausage, hard boiled eggs, all types of breads, bagels, muffins, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee, tea. That in itself is a great savings. It saves time and money and especially with kids, it starts the day off right.

The pool was not huge but it was nice and warm. Decently clean facility, towels offered and when I asked my daughter what she liked more, the zoo or the aquarium, she said she liked swimming in the hotel pool best!

The only issue was the room cooling/heating system didn't work. It was somewhat muggy, and the "cool" button didn't seem to work. It would work for about ten minutes, and then switch to room temperature.

Also, the bedside table was multi-level, and the lower level was dusty. It's like the housekeeping staff forgot, or figured nobody would notice? We had an issue with the drain in the tub, but that was resolved on check out.

Hotel is right across the parking lot from a Ruby Tuesday, which has good steaks, a free salad bar and as far as casual dining goes, it's one of the better ones.

There was a refrigerator in the room, which is helpful with kids. Beds were comfortable, lots of pillows. A decent bargain. We came to Fairfield Inn when staying in Orlando (stayed at the Fairfield Inn by Sea World) and I was impressed by the good, free breakfast, free wi-fi and the fact that it's owned by Marriott, which gave me a good feeling, because I feel that Marriott is a well trusted brand. Join Marriott Rewards and you get points toward stays and upgrades.

1  Thank KittensMom313
FFIPHLMGR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Hi!

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your detailed feedback! We sincerely and greatly appreciate it. I will be sure to look into the items that you have mentioned accordingly. Thank you for being a valued Marriott Rewards Member and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend while visiting friends in philly. Staff was very nice and helpful. However, we had some issues with our room. The comfort system didn't work correctly the first night. The entire hotel is extremely humid. Our system ran all night and never reached the desired temperature. The next morning we noticed it was leaking. The staff did fix it the next morning. The beds and pillows were comfy, but the blankets are just thick sheets, not very nice. Also found the hotel to be very cramped. The lobby, breakfast area, hallways, rooms were all tight. Overall, not a bad value or location, but would not choose this hotel again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Casey R
FFIPHLMGR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback! Our Signature Bedding is that of the Marriott Brand. I will be sure to share your comments with the Brand. We would love another opportunity to serve you again in the future!