Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2013

With several cancelled flights took a room here out of desperation. Ended up at the delux hotel by accident and was told I had to walk over to the this one. Fortunately another traveler made the same mistake and we walked over together. Not advisable at night. Shady area at night with some suspicious people walking around. Do not advise you walk around at night. Receptionist was outside smoking but very nice. The laundry room behind the front desk was visible, piles of towels on the floor and messy. Entered the room and wanted to cry, but what to do late at night. Couldn't afford the taxi again back to the airport but this is what I should have done. The bathroom sink had hair on it. One of the pillows on the bed had been laid on. The smell was not tolerable. The room was dreary and dark and not like the pictures. The carpet was stained. The laundry room was a mess. A large spill on the floor, towels on the floor. I needed to take a medication and the mug had a greasy stain on it. I sat at the desk and attempted to put my head down and sleep afraid of the bed. That didn't work so I put bath towels on the bed and laid there with a plastic bag covering the pillow. Afraid to look at the sheets. Never opened my suitcase and left it on the table concerned about bugs. The bed side table lamp didn't work so I checked behind for the plug and found food containers and beer bottle caps. The towels did not smell clean and one would assume based on the condition of the laundry room that if they are truly washed it is with minimal detergent. Had to spend a lot on cabs back and forth to the airport. Approx $20 each way so better choice is to upgrade to a clean hotel and take their free shuttle. The furniture was chipped and worn.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a cleaner hotel with a free shuttle in a safe neighborhood.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This hotel was a great deal not far from the airport but far enough so the noise wasn't an issue the hotel is in major need of repairs room smelled funny tub was cracked but for the price it was ok the staff was very nice and super helpful but next time I think ill spend a little more and stay at a nicer hotel

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank tonycuevas
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I do not have anything bad to say about the hotel itself....The staff was really nice and friendly, the room was clean and nice in size. Having a full sized refrigerator was really nice. The stove was convenient also, and worked great. We had a smoking room and unlike most hotels, when we walked into the room it did not smell like stale smoke, it was very pleasant. With that said, here is the only thing I didn't like. I knew when I booked the hotel that it was by the airport...across the street actually and the noise level to my surprise was very very minimal. BUT, we had a lot of things to do in the city over our 5 night stay...first day we got into the cab and to our surprise there was a flat $28.50 fee, plus $1.20 fuel charge and an extra $1.00 for another person. When all said and done it was a $35.00 one way cab ride. All cabs into the city were like that. Thankfully we had family that gave us rides in and out for the rest of the week. We found out about regional rails by the end of our trip. I would stay here again, but only if we drive down next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nichole D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Nichole - Your input is truly valuable to us, and I thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We really enjoyed having you visit with us and look forward to offering you great service and a fresh, clean room once more in the future. Please come visit us soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed for two nights at Extended Stay and Trina was absolutely amazing in how informative, helpful and courteous she was toward me. She printed out a train schedule and had a lot of helpful information.The room was new, clean and upscale while the location was perfect. Jerome also helped in my booking and made sure that everything was in order. Overall, a great stay, a great find and reasonably priced. My only suggestion is that there is a shuttle to the train and airport, Otherwise, it is a great place to stay and convenient to downtown Philly and located just off I-95.

Room Tip: Ask to always see a room first before you check in. I saw two and had my pick. Got a great corner with lots of light. Very quiet, too.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jay m

Jay - Thank you for your kind words. The staff and I strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests to enjoy. It is extremely pleasing to know that we were able to do this for you, especially Trina. I will definitely share your comments with the team.

Thank you again. We look forward to welcome you back soon at our hotel!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Fantastic staff that make up for lack of expected accomodations. I would recommend this hotel for the price, staff service, and location only. If you're looking for a bargain stay in a safe and convenient location then this is a good start. Hope that you're not looking to be pampered with in room luxuries, and hopefully you enjoy watching ESPN, Showtime, Univision, or local channels because the selection is limited.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am proud of our team for making your stay with us an enjoyable one. We are so happy to have been able to provide you with friendly service and a great room at a great rate!

Thank you for staying with us. We hope you come back and stay with us soon.